Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V PC - April 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Right lads, Im in, :)

chat to everyone later

Best of luck!!! 20mins play then bed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rajatparihar

"Game failed to connect to the internet. Check your internet connection" This is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have to download the full 350MB again. I do not believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rajatparihar

It is not coming up. I have downloaded the 350mb patch still no luck. Dammm!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah be careful if you are installing on an SSD. The game creates a depotcache folder in steamapps that will be 60g big AND keeps the files in the downloading folder also until the game is fully unpacked and playable.

Found this out too late. Uninstalling everything I can in a race against the unpacking. It's gotten to the point at times that my HD is so empty, I can't uninstall anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is my 3rd time downloading the 350mb download, had to download the 50mb one 3 times as well. Why can't they have the app save the download file and have a retry button, how difficult would that have been to implement, dumb ass bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

steady 60fps @1440p, settings at very high on a GTX780

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

My 4 year old GTX460 has finally hit it's roof I think.Was forced to run it in DX10 rather than DX11, and had to turn a few settings down to the "normal" values. But for a 4 year old card, that was relatively budget spec at the time I can't complain.

Still looks gorgeous even compared to the PS3 version that I remember playing. Envious of the 14440p displays. Can only imagine how sweet it must look!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Playing very well on my GTX 960, shame my monitor doesnt do the game justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

R9 290 here, game mostly runs at 60FPS Very High but there's the odd dip in framerate.

Reckon an AMD Catalyst update for the game is in order. Still very playable though.

Gonna try out online. Wish me luck! :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,968 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

graphics are unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

• Registered Users Posts: 53,968 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pity about that social gaming crap and logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

At half 11 I decided to be a responsible adult and go to bed. After 3 hours of staring at the ceiling I've discovered I'm not a responsible adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Online was working anyway but took awhile to get in. Bought a car and apartment with the preorder monies but now I need to sleep!

Hopefully it'll be working fine tomorrow aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ondafly

I hate being in work and seeing stuff like this come out ! This day is going to drag.........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Got on for around 90 minutes last night, and it looks absolutely stunning. Running well (1080p @ 60 fps) with the odd dip in framerate. Might remove MSAA and see if that evens it out a bit more. It seems like it's optimised fairly well though, which is a surprise.

It's gonna take me a while to get used to first person mode. While driving, I seriously over compensate when turning and end up spinning half the time. Ended up not finishing in my only race (online) last night after crashing out 3 or 4 times. It's kind of weird with shooting as well, or at least with the cover mechanic. Is it possible to be in 3rd person until you aim?

Will hopefully get online for a few hours tonight, so we should try get a server full of boardsies. Can we password protect a game and only allow us into it? I know it's also fun with randomers, but it would be cool if we could get 10-15 of us all in one server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not sure of the PC options but surely would have the same 'Invite Only' and 'Crew Only' games you can choose. On console, this is accessed from Single player by pressing Start, go to Online tab and choose what kind of session you want to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fairly sure those options are there, was a blur of **** flashing up as i was spinning out of control driving in 1st person :D

Doing a bit of SP to get used to 1st person. Shooting feels cheap, poor AI dont stand a chance vs mouse and KB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,574 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's a thread for the Boards-ie crew

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057019088

You can post your Rockstar name in there and I can promote ye to Rep which means you will be able to invite people into the crew, might make it easier to invite people not aware of the crew. Being Friends and in the same Crew is the easiest way to meetup online.

The detail is incredible. Even the grass on the cut lawns moves under your feet and you can see the grass mold around your shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Cheapest place to get a Steam compatible key?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Finally got it working at 2am. I had serious issues during the unpacking process. Tried uninstalling programs until I had hard drive space before continuing the unpacking and getting the error message.

Uninstalled a few big things like Visual Studio and random utilities. Had to uninstall Chrome, Firefox, Java VM and SDK, my Razer utilities, WinRAR, and pretty much anything on my Programs and Features page that was over 5MB. Had My Computer open and was tapping F5 to see my free hard drive space go down and down (624MB, 597MB, 562MB, etc), only to shoot from 74MB up to 60GB. Breathed a sigh of relief that I didn't have to just clean reinstall Windows.

Oh, game seemed nice looking from the few minutes I got to play of it before going to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got about 90 minutes before sleep was needed for work (bah :mad:)

Runs pretty solid at 1080p / 60fps with dips in framerate at certain parts of the city. I notice it's roughly the same areas for a lot of people in videos so it will hopefully be ironed out quick enough which should then turn it into a pretty well optimised game.

Only barely scratched the surface by doing the towing mission with Franklin, haven't even gotten to buy anything, checked the radio stations or do any exploring yet. All for later tonight :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've barely put some 45 minutes into it or so. But so far graphically, I'm not impressed. Some of the textures, even for dumb things that you'd try to read like flyer on poles are pretty low res. And the character models are fairly lacking in comparison to the likes of Dragon Age: Inquisition or BF4.

I wasn't madly impressed with the graphics at first, it still has the look of an updated GTA IV, but the more time I spent on it, the more I appreciate it. Like I said it's the details that are impressive. There were some low(ish) res textures in places but the amount of detail given the size of the map is stunning.

I'm getting used to the game, I didn't like the driving at first, it was a bit twitchy, but I got used to it and now it's fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got home last night in an absolute heap and slept for nearly 10 hours instead of being an eejit and staying up playing this. One part of me is proud for being a bit of a grown up (I'm 2 weeks away from my 37th birthday after all) and another part of me is bitterly disappointed in my lack of iron gamer will to battle through with no sleep :p

Advertisement