Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

davyjose wrote: »
    dead-horse.gif

I know, I'm a prick like that. Got to slam the point home sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I know, I'm a prick like that. Got to slam the point home sometimes.

That's a funny way of spelling "troll".

That's a funny way of spelling "troll".

It's not trolling to hit your point home harder in a debate than TRich hits a running lane in the NFL.

Second post in this thread:
    good man, this deserves its own thread.

mind-blowing. all the jokes about the browns, but this is just shocking.

they're trading an unreal RB and their star player for what could be the 15th+ pick!

i'm very happy i have him in my fantasy though :-)

seems reasonable to update this thread with the facts as they become available so that we can reach a definitive conclusion on the value of the trade, and indeed the value of the player concerned.

Some won't like it because they're TRich fans and it's going badly. He may yet turn it around though!

People like to make assertions and have them forgotten or ignored when they are proven incorrect. Me, I like to hold people to what they say. People wanted to forget the Tebow thread as he busted out of the league. Welcome to a message board, where what you said is there to be examined later on.

It's not trolling to hit your point home harder in a debate than TRich hits a running lane in the NFL.

Second post in this thread:

seems reasonable to update this thread with the facts as they become available so that we can reach a definitive conclusion on the value of the trade, and indeed the value of the player concerned.

Some won't like it because they're TRich fans and it's going badly. He may yet turn it around though!

People like to make assertions and have them forgotten or ignored when they are proven incorrect. Me, I like to hold people to what they say. People wanted to forget the Tebow thread as he busted out of the league. Welcome to a message board, where what you said is there to be examined later on.
    "Later on", and "Week by week", aren't the same thing. This kind of scrutiny is pretty much unprecedented TBH. Tebow was a much more polarising player -- T Rich's lack of production since college is baffling to most. He does look leaden at times. I dunno.

There are few people arguing with you anymore though. I'm a Colts fan. I'd much prefer to have taken a WR with our first round pick next year, over almost any RB in the league. I thought T Rich would be much better than this, and that's disappointing. Pointing that out week by week doesn't make me feel any better. I'm not sure who your team is, but I don't make threads pointing out which teams players are dreadfully underperforming.

Two more things: It took Brown three years to have a decent season. And I daresay, if Richardson started racking up 150+ yard games, you wouldn't be as rigid to your own standard of accountability.

Either way, doing this week by week smack of smugness and spite. And essentially boils down to trolling.

Edit: another thing, about the part you've emboldened: the Colts are looking at having traded a 25+ pick, not a 15+ pick. A big difference in talent levels concerning the 1st round of the draft. And the Browns are still paying a large slice of his wages/cap space.

Is Sanchez ever plays for the Jets again feel free to post his statline! :(
    Edit: another thing, about the part you've emboldened: the Colts are looking at having traded a 25+ pick, not a 15+ pick. A big difference in talent levels concerning the 1st round of the draft. And the Browns are still paying a large slice of his wages/cap space.

It could be the 32nd pick and it would still amount to way overpaying for TRich.

I'm not sure the Colts could get a 3rd rounder if they flogged him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

dead-horse.gif

I actually find this thread interesting, tbh. I like the weekly updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Bullet dodged - The chap isn't a bust yet
    Yeah he is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

On the note of former Alabama Running Backs.

Against the Cowboys was Mark Ingram's firt ever 100yd+ Rushing game since entering the league 3 years ago. The Saints also moved up to get him and he's been fairly dissapointing also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    On the note of former Alabama Running Backs.

Against the Cowboys was Mark Ingram's firt ever 100yd+ Rushing game since entering the league 3 years ago. The Saints also moved up to get him and he's been fairly dissapointing also.
    Ingram looked very good in that game, but the Cowboys defence was AWFUL once Sean Lee went out and they really looked petrified of the pass throughout.

Ingram and Richardson have the same issues - not enough speed back to the line, not enough 'breakaway' speed if they get past the line, not enough nimbleness or vision to overcome this, and no longer in college where they can just run over teenage defenders with a huge line ahead of them. I've nothing against either guy, but it is what it is. Lacy looks to have better vision and that little bit more explosiveness mind, and as a Packers fan it is a huge relief! I was very worried when we took him, Ted Thompson or not.

It's a testament to how dominant Alabama have been at that level under Saban. Their lines are incredibly dominant year in and year out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I always preferred Richardson to Ingram because of Richardson's moves in space. Sure, Alabama's line was the reason he was getting space, but his jukes and cuts in space were always amazing so that's why I thought he was a much better pro prospect than Ingram.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tonight @ Cardinals:

7 carries for 15 yards
    2 receptions for 11 yards

Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Paully D wrote: »
    Tonight @ Cardinals:

7 carries for 15 yards
    2 receptions for 11 yards

Jesus.

I think you're going above your station posting that!

Since the trade:

9 games, 8 starts
    103 carries for 287 yards... 2.78 per carry, 30.88 per game... 2 TDs
    14 receptions for 127 yards... 9.07 per catch, 14.11 per game... 0 TDs

Less than 45 total yards per game.

Worst starter in the league. Colts in danger too imo. Not a good football team right now.

Worst starter in the league. Colts in danger too imo. Not a good football team right now.
    Worst skill position anyway. Some of our linemen are in the mix for that title.

Colts are nowhere near the team they were a month ago. How we beat Seattle is a mystery.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dont fear lads, he'll have a good game against the Titans :(

Dont fear lads, he'll have a good game against the Titans :(

If ye beat us, you're back in the mix for the Division. We might not win another game the way we're playing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

If ye beat us, you're back in the mix for the Division. We might not win another game the way we're playing.

We've wasted so much, last second loss to the Texans, beaten by the Jags and then a collapse against you guys :( things could have been so different!

We've wasted so much, last second loss to the Texans, beaten by the Jags and then a collapse against you guys :( things could have been so different!

Two games in it with 5 weeks to go. And we face each other. TBH we are a dreadful football team right now. Were very lucky to beat yous and Houston. We could easily lose to Houston again. We have the Chiefs and the Bengals, and the three division games to go. One win out of all that wouldn't massively surprise me.

• Advertisement

Two games in it with 5 weeks to go. And we face each other. TBH we are a dreadful football team right now. Were very lucky to beat yous and Houston. We could easily lose to Houston again. We have the Chiefs and the Bengals, and the three division games to go. One win out of all that wouldn't massively surprise me.

Yeah it will be tough, i'd imagine the Titans will be their own worst enemy tbh!

Yeah it will be tough, i'd imagine the Titans will be their own worst enemy tbh!

Lol, you guys have a 2 game headstart, but it'll be a race to see who can fcuk up the worst, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Anyone see his effort on 4th and 1 last night? Pathetic.

He scored 11 tds for the Browns last year and was generally a monster in the Redzone. As a fan i suppose i was blinded by this. Lombardi and Banner not so much.

Things may change in a year or two but it really looks like robbery from the Browns FO. I apologise to them.

TDs are nice and short yardage pick ups are nice but you can get both much cheaper than what the Browns were offered for Richardson.

That he is producing nothing right now is a massive shock tbh. If he had continued his Browns level production he would have been a disappointment, but it would have been a lively debate. His complete and utter floundering week in, week out is simply mesmerising however.

The other side of this mind is that the Brown's running game has been virtually non existent (like the Colts!) since Richardson left. McGahee is actually performing slightly worse, so I retract my assertion of Trent being the worst starting RB in the league. He's only the second worst! :) They should be able to pick up an improvement in the third or fourth round however.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

The other side of this mind is that the Brown's running game has been virtually non existent (like the Colts!) since Richardson left. McGahee is actually performing slightly worse, so I retract my assertion of Trent being the worst starting RB in the league. He's only the second worst! :) They should be able to pick up an improvement in the third or fourth round however.

They really liked Dion Lewis pre-season. He went on IR before the season started. McGahee is so bad. Completely done.
    We had Bobby Rainey earlier in the year but someone didn't see his potential.

Anyway, we are cooked. Please please sign Haden,Ward and Mack to new deals and let's see what the FO can do in May.

The Browns have room for manoevre in the draft. We're ****ed. Which means another dip in the washed up world of the FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭death1234567

Billy86 wrote: »
    Less than 45 total yards per game.
    That's definitely wortha first round pick. Nice to see the Browns getting the better of a move given the terrible record they have had in recent years... e.g. Brady quinn...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,174 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Speaking of Colts RBs, what the hell happened to Donald Brown yesterday? His bad day all but relegated me in a fantasy league.

That's definitely wortha first round pick. Nice to see the Browns getting the better of a move given the terrible record they have had in recent years... e.g. Brady quinn...
    The Browns will mess it up, way too much instability in how they are run. They'll either blow the picks ala Trent Richardson/Brandon Weeden or trade down and continue to lack the playmakers they need on offense. It's what happens all the time (they seem to have 2+ picks in both the first and second round every second year but it rarely comes to much of anything).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We had Bobby Rainey earlier in the year but someone didn't see his potential.

Ravens front office also made an error in cutting Bobby Rainey. He was very good in pre season at RB and kick returner but the team decided to go with two running backs and two fullbacks. Who carries two full backs?? Some teams have none

Rainey was a practice squad player and a deal would have been cheap, cheap, cheap.

A few scrubs have come in since for the 3rd running back spot and Rainey was not signed when the Browns cut him.

:(

Advertisement