Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

D3PO wrote: »
    are you blind, or do you just not watch the colts and previously the browns play ?
    I have seen Richardson quite a bit.
    and running from shotgun makes running lanes magically appear ?
    You generally have nickel and dime defense because its normally on 3rd down with more than a few to gain to get the first.
    are you kidding me ive seen him whiff and completely miss the rusher at least a dozen times including twice last weekend. you must ballwatch a lot and actually not watch plays developing.
    I said almost always. You seem to be one of those guys that just remembers the bad plays. Every player has them. Ballwatch:rolleyes:

Reply when you have a clue!

PS. See the way I replied all in one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The more you look at it the more bizarre a time it was for the Browns to stock up on draft picks. There's a nest of QBs around the same level and the home run play, Manziel, isn't even likely to be the first one off the board. The Browns have put themselves in a position to vastly over-pay for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bridgewater is the home run play. Manziel might struggle some at the next level. But there will be a bunch of draftable QBs. And it is better to have a first round pick than Richardson at this point.

I watched a half of a Colts game!! Our boy looks like his stats imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

He looks even worse today. It's starting to get depressing at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

seen enough of this guy to know it was a massive bust, the worst of the grigson era.

5 carries for 2 yards in blowout loss
    3 catches for 33 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Surely it's time The Colts started to Focus on Productivity and forget that they traded a 1st round pick for him.

Its simple, Donald Brown is Producing, Richardson is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Surely it's time The Colts started to Focus on Productivity and forget that they traded a 1st round pick for him.

Not likely, when you consider DHB is our #1 receiver. Every bit as big a bust as T Rich IMO.

davyjose wrote: »
    Not likely, when you consider DHB is our #1 receiver. Every bit as big a bust as T Rich IMO.

Really? before the season started i would've put Wayne and Hilton ahead of him, But yeah He's had a poor season, should really be stepping up now that Wayne is injured, but catching seems to be a problem for him when he gets open. Do you think ye will give him a new contract?

As for the Running back debate, i just think they should give Brown more ball, makes gains on the ground, makes gains in the passing and never seems to fumble, in my opinion he is more dependable then richardson.

• Advertisement

Really? before the season started i would've put Wayne and Hilton ahead of him, But yeah He's had a poor season, should really be stepping up now that Wayne is injured, but catching seems to be a problem for him when he gets open. Do you think ye will give him a new contract?

As for the Running back debate, i just think they should give Brown more ball, makes gains on the ground, makes gains in the passing and never seems to fumble, in my opinion he is more dependable then richardson.

Hilton wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the season, and like you said, Wayne is on IR. DHB is our #1 guy :'(

Brown made nothing today. The line is muck. I'm not going to argue T Rich anymore. I can't argue with 2 yards. But there's not an every down back in the league who'd average more than 4 YPC with the turnstile* we have for an Oline.

*(A turnstile would offer more resistance.)

Hilton wasn't even a starter at the beginning of the season, and like you said, Wayne is on IR. DHB is our #1 guy :'(

Brown made nothing today. The line is muck. I'm not going to argue T Rich anymore. I can't argue with 2 yards. But there's not an every down back in the league who'd average more than 4 YPC with the turnstile* we have for an Oline.

5 catches off 5 targets for 64 yards and a touchdown

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Was referring to his running game.

I would've put Hilton ahead of him after what he done last season and what was expected this season, i think he's a terrific receiver, your right about Brown, he done nothing tonight but he was averaging over 6 yards a carry before tonight,

Just want to say i'm an eagles man 1st and foremost, so ive no interest in argueing for the sake of it but i like watching the Colts, and i just think Brown deserves a bigger slice of the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

TBF I presumed he meant on the ground 2 for -1 yards.

Can someone answer why the Colts only attempted 7 rushes with Brown & TRich.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    TBF I presumed he meant on the ground 2 for -1 yards.

Can someone answer why the Colts only attempted 7 rushes with Brown & TRich.

Because they had a total of -4 yards between them at the end of the second quarter and were way behind on the scoreboard from early.

Because they had a total of -4 yards between them at the end of the second quarter and were way behind on the scoreboard from early.

Wow solid effort!! The Rams aren't even a decent rush defense are they

30th in the league...

Their solid front four manhandled our Oline so comprehensively, that I don't think it mattered last night. As most people agree on this thread, even Donald Brown got nothing going.
    I've a feeling the season will unravel for the Colts here. We might still fall over the line, because the AFC South seem to be falling over themselves not to win the division. But it'll be one and done in the Playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

good man, this deserves its own thread.

mind-blowing. all the jokes about the browns, but this is just shocking.

they're trading an unreal RB and their star player for what could be the 15th+ pick!

i'm very happy i have him in my fantasy though :-)

wow, how wrong i was. t-rich is just CRAP. also, the colts o-line isn't great. but mostly richardson is crap. SBnation did a good breakdown of him in the bronco's game with some GIFs

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/27/5034244/trent-richardson-trade-colts-offense

fair play to davyjose and the rest, you were right, the browns did very well.

• Advertisement

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/11/12/trent-richardson-sex-tape-indianapolis-colts

Seems Trent might have a similar ypc to number of women bedded at a time...

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/11/12/trent-richardson-sex-tape-indianapolis-colts

Seems Trent might have a similar ypc to number of women bedded at a time...

1st time in his career that he has been a success in ground & pound game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

1st time in his career that he has been a success in ground & pound game

Biggest hole he's seen all year TBF!

I think its that time.

8 carries for 22 yards in win
    5 catches for 31 yards

Brown had 14 carries for 80 yards and 2 TDs
    1 catch for 14 yards

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

This thread could be good today.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Forgetting about T Rich.

How good does Brown look?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I remember him coming out of Alabama and all the draft "gurus" like Kiper and Mayock were gushing over him saying he was a sure fire thing.

The morning of the draft there was talks the Jets GM at the time Tennebaum was putting together some picks to move into the position to get him but then the Browns went ahead and got the deal done.

Bullet dodged - The chap isn't a bust yet but he's on his way to being one. Excellent move by the Browns in getting a first for him - he won't even be on the Colts roster in a year or 2.

8 carries for 22 yards in win
    5 catches for 31 yards

Brown had 14 carries for 80 yards and 2 TDs
    1 catch for 14 yards

dead-horse.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Forgetting about T Rich.

How good does Brown look?

looks very good actually. sees the lane and attacks it. I think the number of carries each got last night is an indication of where things are headed in Indy at least for the rest of this season.

Advertisement