Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browns trade Trent Richardson to Colts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

How does a player's sub-par performance elicit such venom in people? I thought we had a little more sense here than the average fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Syferus wrote: »
    How does a player's sub-par performance elicit such venom in people? I thought we had a little more sense here than the average fan.

I don't think it's venom. He's clearly been awful, at least so far. I thought he'd do a lot better myself, clearly I called it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

If we lose tonight, I won't forgive him for that fumble for a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tried to defend him every week because refuse to give up on your own players but he really sucks, worst move of Grigson era and wont be topped for a long time.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Tried to defend him every week because refuse to give up on your own players but he really sucks, worst move of Grigson era and wont be topped for a long time.

Yeah I tried to defend him too. His fumblecompletely tilted the game in KCs favour.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Yeah I tried to defend him too. His fumblecompletely tilted the game in KCs favour.

Yup killed all Luck and the offences momentum, nearly blew the Denver game too when we played so well, cant release him but hope he is #3 next year for short yardage situations.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Yup killed all Luck and the offences momentum, nearly blew the Denver game too when we played so well, cant release him but hope he is #3 next year for short yardage situations.

We need a receiver and this years draft will be very deep for WRs. And we miss out. Fcuk. That.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Yes can't beleive he threw that pick and didn't cover Avery or Bowe.

Stop over reacting

We need a receiver and this years draft will be very deep for WRs. And we miss out. Fcuk. That.

Yup could have gone with brown and some journeyman this year and would have been no difference, then have brown, ballard and bradshaw next year with a new wr but no we really messed it up.

me89 wrote: »
    Yes can't beleive he threw that pick and didn't cover Avery or Bowe.

Stop over reacting

What are you talking about. He gave the ball away for a score at a pivotal moment of the game.

Look back through this thread and look at his stats and look how we defended him. Enough is enough. He was a waste of a draft pick. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

If we lose tonight, I won't forgive him for that fumble for a long, long time.

Very hard to blame this on Richardson when Luck has transformed into Rex Grossman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

me89 wrote: »

Stop over reacting

If the Colts wanted a big back with pass protection skills then Willis McGahee and Peyton Hillis could have been picked up as cheap free agents

Instead they spent a valuable 1st rounder on Richardson

So naturally expectations will be a lot higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

Syferus wrote: »
    Very hard to blame this on Richardson when Luck has transformed into Rex Grossman.

Exactly and the D hasn't even got near stopping a Chiefs drive yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

I wouldn't blame this on any one offensive player. If your defense can't stop a single drive there's little you can do on offense. It reminds me of the huge blame placed on the Cowboys offense after their defense gave up 34 second half points to the Packers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Richardson to make a game-winning 95 yard TD run that puts Marshawn Lynch's 'beast mode' run vs the Saints to shame. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Eh, playoffs: 1 carry for 0 yards and a fumble returned for a score

Wow tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Eh, playoffs: 1 carry for 0 yards and a fumble returned for a score

Wow tbh.
    To be fair it wasn't returned for a score. It was recovered, and the Chiefs scored from the following drive.

Still, he's the third guy in a rotation at best, really. Terrible trade and what I am still perplexed about it how he was getting a good amount of praise last year at Cleveland despite not being a tonne better than he has been this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Billy86 wrote: »
    Richardson to make a game-winning 95 yard TD run that puts Marshawn Lynch's 'beast mode' run vs the Saints to shame. :p

Kind of went the complete opposite to this huh

Kind of went the complete opposite to this huh

EDIT:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Dammit I forgot to put in my :pac: face in the comment

• Advertisement

I gotcha covered in my post. :p

Trent Richardson:

2012: Rushing Attempts: 267 Rushing Yards: 950 YPC: 3.6 TD: 11 Fumbles: 3
    2013: Rushing Attempts: 188 Rushing Yards: 563 YPC: 3.0 TD: 3 Fumbles: 3

2012: Thrown To: 70 Catches: 51 Receiving Yards: 367 YPC: 7.2 TD: 1
    2013: Thrown To: 52 Catches: 35 Receiving Yards: 316 YPC: 9.0 TD: 1

A pretty astonishing regression and it now looks like very unlikely that he's a viable NFL player beyond his rookie deal.

The good news for the Colts is that they're paying him relatively little for a top five pick (Cleveland invested the bulk of his contract) and he's a body on the roster with situation specific value (he's okay catching out of the backfield tbf). I think they'll keep him until the current deal is up which gives TRich time and touches to turn it around.

Draft busts are always fascinating aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

Versus the Pats'

3 carries for 1 yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

We end up with the 26th pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Versus the Pats'

3 carries for 1 yard.

I think he put in a good block for one of Luck's TD passes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Still amazed at the reaction to the trade "Browns with another dumb move" etc. At the time it was even obvious richardson was very over-rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

can't believe people are ridiculing the Browns over this one: they've given up a fair-to-middling RB for a first round pick. They're being realistic about being a rebuilding team. I think they deserve credit or this. They have a lot of room to manoeuvre in next years draft, and in all likelihood will trade that 1st round pick for a QB or a tackle.

Now look at the Colts. They've sold the farm to be a what... a 9-7, 10-6 team this season and then what? They have 4 RB's on the roster (the 3 B's and richardson) but have no pass-rush, no O-line, a below average D-line, and an Average MLB core. This was as plain as day to any Colts fan -- we NEED to build an O-line to protect Luck. The Colts recently are a perfect lesson in why you NEED a good O-line. Now we have an extra running back and no O-line. We fcuking needed that pick badly.

Meanwhile the Browns are in a position to truly grow. And yeah, they've sacrificed this season for it. A season in which they had no chance of success anyway.

This deserves to be brought up again! I likewise wasn't happy with the trade, but judging by what Richardson has done the trade is looking like one of the worst moves in recent memory by the Colts!

We end up with the 26th pick.

Decent value in the end.

6 carries for 20 yards in loss
    3 catches for 31 yards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    6 carries for 20 yards in loss
    3 catches for 31 yards

Advertisement