Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else downloading GTAV from PSN Store?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Your grand :) I cancelled it first on the ps3 so it came up on there sysyem as cancelled. So rang them after you do that maybe just to be safe. The rates is the national rate as far as I know

I see, that option isnt available for me , I heard some people say the rate is premium so im not sure, just spent five minutes on hold and hung up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Pangea wrote: »
    I see, that option isnt available for me , I heard some people say the rate is premium so im not sure, just spent five minutes on hold and hung up.

Have ya started the new download yet.

Have ya started the new download yet.

Well when i left the house earlier it was at 40% and when i came back it was at 4%. Bizzarre. Dont know how that happened. Obviosuly must of started again somehow
    letting the ps3 take a break for a while before starting again,at this point I would rather a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Pangea wrote: »
    Well when i left the house earlier it was at 40% and when i came back it was at 4%. Bizzarre. Dont know how that happened. Obviosuly must of started again somehow
    letting the ps3 take a break for a while before starting again,at this point I would rather a refund.

thats weird. I meant to say I cancelled the pre order from the sony website and on the playstation if that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Download stuck on 74% for and hour now.

Hard luck, but looking at EU community page theres thousands of others in the same boat. This is obviously cause for a refund, and if they dont give us a refund Im going to try the charge back feature of my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have you tried pausing it and resuming? ^^ Used to happen to mine quite a lot until I tried out that trick a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Third download took 16 hours!! (To go with the 20 hour and 14 hour attempts previous) and 54gb of data downloaded in total!

I've just had a call from my son that the latest install has.... Succeeded!!! Result!
    Now for the 2hrs 20 mins to drag in till I get home for an hour of carnage before bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Third download to 16 hours!! (To go with the 20 hour and 14 hour attempts previous) and 54gb of data downloaded in total!

I've just had a call from my son that the latest install has.... Succeeded!!! Result!
    Now for the 2hrs 20 mins to drag in till I get home for an hour of carnage before bed!

Huzzah! After all that hard work and near mental breakdown, I can only hope its everything you were expecting and more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

14% error... again. Even after they apparently fixed this. What the hell am I supposed to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Huzzah! After all that hard work and near mental breakdown, I can only hope its everything you were expecting and more.

Thanks friend... I will forgive your laughing at my shambles of an attempt at getting this game. Haha.

So hows everyone getting on since?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Downloaded fine first time and installed no issues.

Game runs fine too, no texture pop-ins etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

2nd download woks like a charm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

First attempt downloaded fine, but wouldn't install - says data is corrupt. Deleted and 2nd download has just crashed.
    Will try 3rd attempt soon, but seriously regretting not just popping into Tescos to get it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

First attempt downloaded fine, but wouldn't install - says data is corrupt. Deleted and 2nd download has just crashed.
    Will try 3rd attempt soon, but seriously regretting not just popping into Tescos to get it at this stage.

What's the story with refunds for games you've purchased via the PSN Store? I'd be apoplectic after two failed downloads tbh!

Demand a refund and buy a physical copy =p

What's the story with refunds for games you've purchased via the PSN Store? I'd be apoplectic after two failed downloads tbh!

Some people reporting they have been offered a refund after asking for it, I asked for one myself but they just emailed me back some mass email template on how to fix the problem.
    I seen on the forums some people have tried to download it 12 times!, and others reporting downloads resetting like mines did.

I've just emailed explaining my issues and asking for a refund. Just gave up trying to download last night after another failed attempt and my ps3 had been on for about 30hrs straight.

This experience would make me re-consider any future psn purchases very carefully. Considering I bought the game on Tuesday, it will be Friday at the earliest before it's downloaded at this stage and that's assuming there are no further problems - something I'm not at all confident of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Socrates

I tried today for the first time and it downloaded and installed first time without a hitch. Don't know if all the problems have now been fixed or if I just got lucky but it's working fine for me.

Just in case anyone was still thinking of downloading this.

• Advertisement

I've just emailed explaining my issues and asking for a refund. Just gave up trying to download last night after another failed attempt and my ps3 had been on for about 30hrs straight.

This experience would make me re-consider any future psn purchases very carefully. Considering I bought the game on Tuesday, it will be Friday at the earliest before it's downloaded at this stage and that's assuming there are no further problems - something I'm not at all confident of.

Let me no how you get on, I got another email from Sony asking me to give them my phone number and they will ring me regarding my request for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

My disk drive is being a bitch lately so having to download it. It's downloading at the moment. Is this a problem every one is having, regarding corrupt downloads or just some people? 70e is a big stretch for me this week so don't want it wasted on nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I was going to download it but saw some article saying the quality is very much inferior to the disk version. This is shocking if true - pay over the odds for an inferior product? Also seems to be lots of issues with failed downloads.
    I certainly won't be downloading this now...........unless drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I was going to download it but saw some article saying the quality is very much inferior to the disk version. This is shocking if true - pay over the odds for an inferior product? Also seems to be lots of issues with failed downloads.
    I certainly won't be downloading this now...........unless drunk

If you have a new 3k or 4k model, then download might be good, after download, there's no disc noise like jet engine...

Older version should avoid download, they had report old version will suffer a lot.

Few version should rebuild DB after download for best GTA 5 performance.

I had some problem with my download also, but 2nd try works

And for the inferior compare to disc version, I have the problem initially, but the problem gone after rebuild DB

However 70 EURO price for PSN on EU is not acceptable!!!! See the price on US PSN and UK PSN

FXXK u SONY! :mad:

m_hunter wrote: »
    Few version should rebuild DB after download for best GTA 5 performance.

I had some problem with my download also, but 2nd try works

And for the inferior compare to disc version, I have the problem initially, but the problem gone after rebuild DB

What is rebuilding DB and how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭Varik

FXXK u SONY! :mad:

Sony get a cut, they don't set the price.

So FXXK u R*

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Downloaded and installed without issue for me but took 10 hours, such a slow download

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, 70e is ridiculous. and its the publisher, rockstar who set the prices.
    I was originally going to get the retail disc version, but when my brother offered to go halfs over psn @ 35e each, i went with that instead. He doesnt play online, so no issues with that =]

I pre installed the game before release, but my brother brought his ps3 around for me to dL on tuesday, and been getting the errors since, tried downloading countless times on tue and wed. The first one corrupted during installation, every one after that has reset during download. Gonna try again later today after a days break. Hopefully the servers have calmed down.

If you have a new 3k or 4k model, then download might be good, after download, there's no disc noise like jet engine...

whats 3k and 4k model?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

What is rebuilding DB and how do you do it?

+1 to this. Interested to see if theres a way to improve it.

Advertisement