Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else downloading GTAV from PSN Store?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Mine downloaded ok. I was using a 50mb UPC connection with the PS3 connected by ethernet. The PS3's IP is also in the DMZ on the router.

I turned it on briefly this morning to check and abruptly failed the first mission because I shot someone. Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Turn off your router firewall, wire direct to PS3. Set MTU on PS3 to 1497 and dont download in back ground. Might be overkill but worked for me after failed install last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

79% downloaded ....come on baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Jesus how long does it take to install?

Took around 30 minutes or so. Working now, eventually.

That was heartbreaking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

forgot to mentione

PSN version of GTA V suffer the same problem like XBOX360 2nd disc install streaming issue

It's bad unless we upgrade HDD to SSD, I really wish i brought the 25EURO cheaper disc version

Installing now @ 3%. Download stopped at 95%, think the net connection went but apparently it can just continue.....I have my doubts though...

...aaaaand 80029564 error. Thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

winston82 wrote: »
    Same for me. Corrupted at 14%. I'll download it once more and let you know if it works. Should know by 12pm.

Is it difficult to get a refund from Sony??

I see in that ps forum link above that someone got a refund.
    Its a refund to your ps wallet though, not to your credit card.
    Wouldnt mind a refund now, but I dont want to ring up, it would cost a fortune, there doesn't appear to be any email address to contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Go onto your router and turn SPI off, this should sort everyone out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Varik wrote: »
    Go onto your router and turn SPI off, this should sort everyone out.

What ia spi. And how

Pangea wrote: »
    I see in that ps forum link above that someone got a refund.
    Its a refund to your ps wallet though, not to your credit card.
    Wouldnt mind a refund now, but I dont want to ring up, it would cost a fortune, there doesn't appear to be any email address to contact?

Doubt it's true

What ia spi. And how

What router do you have

Varik wrote: »
    What router do you have

Its a sky router.

Im guna try pick up a copy after college. If I can I just cancel the preorder because hey still havent tried to take the money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Managed to download yesterday and play last night for a few hours. This morning went to turn the ps3 on and showed up with corrupt file instead of the GTA icon. Absolutely raging. Re-downloading now.

Would have been better off going to gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 33,859 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I dont think i will ever download a game ever, I hope they arent betting on this nonsense as being the 'future'

Hard copies FTW

right heres the craic lads. picked up a copy in smyths so i got home the download was still corrupted rang sony to see had they taken the funds from my account. they said no so they let me cancel it there. your man on the phone told me that the issue was down to rockstar. he also said they cant refund anyone as it basically wasn't there fault and there should be a updated download by 4. right i'm off to play the game. i hope the rest of ya get sorted out with the downloads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So would ye advise or not advise to download from the store?its 79 ya?

When I left for work it was at 40%, come back its at 4% :O
    Seriously, this is crazy.

right heres the craic lads. picked up a copy in smyths so i got home the download was still corrupted rang sony to see had they taken the funds from my account. they said no so they let me cancel it there. your man on the phone told me that the issue was down to rockstar. he also said they cant refund anyone as it basically wasn't there fault and there should be a updated download by 4. right i'm off to play the game. i hope the rest of ya get sorted out with the downloads.

So you bought a copy of the game in smyths and a download version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

So would ye advise or not advise to download from the store?its 79 ya?

Don't right now. Installs aren't working for a lot of people. Supposedly they released a working version/fix at 4 o clock, have to wait and see if it works when downloaded.

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Technical-Help/Ps3-error-80029564-GTA-V-install-part-future-problems-Someone/td-p/19745181/page/37

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭1qTour

Got it installed from this mornings download. Either I just got lucky or the steps in the links I posted did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So the failed install seems to have eaten up 17GB of my HDD space, which means I now don't have enough space to download the game. There's no way to delete the corrupted download as it's not listing in my game menu or game data utility. Called SONY support, apparently very strange error and there's nothing I can do except delete crap to make room or a do a full format (not happening). Deleted Just Cause 2 and some other stuff, have enough room now and attempting a new download (I hear it's fixed). Goodbye to that 17GB forever though...

So the failed install seems to have eaten up 17GB of my HDD space, which means I now don't have enough space to download the game. There's no way to delete the corrupted download as it's not listing in my game menu or game data utility. Called SONY support, apparently very strange error and there's nothing I can do except delete crap to make room or a do a full format (not happening). Deleted Just Cause 2 and some other stuff, have enough room now and attempting a new download (I hear it's fixed). Goodbye to that 17GB forever though...

I heard people mentioning going into safe mode to delete their corrupt file for some reason , worth a try.
    http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/How-to-access-Playstation-3-SAFE-MODE/td-p/5812274

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^

Already tried that, once it said there was no corrupt data and the second time I tried it while on phone to SONY support and it said there was corrupted data but after it was done I was still down exactly 17GB. I am upset but I just really hope that whatever rogue GTAV data that got through and is now floating int he mysteries of HDD space doesn't interfere with the new download and install of GTAV I'm doing.

So you bought a copy of the game in smyths and a download version?

Yes I brought it in the shop but didn open it till I knew the payment hadn't gone through on psn. If it did. I would of returned the game tomorrow.

Well just turned my ps3 off after 21 hours on non stop. It needs a break, not even going to bother downloading it this evening, going to wait to see what playstation say to my email requesting my money back.

Yes I brought it in the shop but didn open it till I knew the payment hadn't gone through on psn. If it did. I would of returned the game tomorrow.

Apologies, I didnt realise you actually got to cancel your order. I mis read your post.
    I see on my own credit card statement the money is reserved, its not complete, maybe il try ringing them then. Is the phonecall expensive per minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm on my 3rd full download at this stage!
    First one took 20 hours, corrupted on install.
    2nd one too about 14 hours. Again corrupted on install.
    This time it's looking like about 20 hours again so who knows.

I bought the PSN credit from Xtravision so I've no hope of a refund. The best id get is the money back on my PSN, but it's no good to me there as if I don't get GTA there's nothing I want.

• Advertisement

Apologies, I didnt realise you actually got to cancel your order. I mis read your post.
    I see on my own credit card statement the money is reserved, its not complete, maybe il try ringing them then. Is the phonecall expensive per minute?

Your grand :) I cancelled it first on the ps3 so it came up on there sysyem as cancelled. So rang them after you do that maybe just to be safe. The rates is the national rate as far as I know

Advertisement