Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement: One of our contributors is on The Great Irish Bake Off!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I saw it mentioned on the Irish Bake Off facebook page yesterday,

Double elimination... What? Who said that?!

The Great Irish Bake Off continues tomorrow night at 9pm on TV3.

If you missed last weeks episode catch up here now on 3player; http://bit.ly/1bBtpbn

I took it from that comment that there was, maybe I'm wrong:confused:

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Well done Chong! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Well done Chong - onwards and upwards!

All that creme patissiere was mouthwatering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hey Chong, congrats on getting this far!

Just a question about last night, if you can answer.

Was it bad editing? Did something happen that they didn't show? It seems bizarre, and nobody on the thread last night could figure it out, but how did Oonagh stay over Aoife?

Nearly the whole show was devoted to showing "Oonagh's Disasters" - not enough profiteroles, temepred chocolate snapping all over the place, wrong shape Croquembouche etc

Then Aoife seemed to have a pretty "middle of the road" day, nothing disastrous, nothing brilliant either.

Your Windmill looked awesome btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Thanks Baldy!

I am not sure about how things are judged to be honest and I don't I think I can talk about it. I guess the viewers would like to know reasoning which we dont get see much of.

I am delighted just to get to the semi's who knows what might happen next week though.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Chong wrote: »
    who knows what might happen next week though.....

You :p

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well done Will, just after catching up! It's definitely a two horse race between you and Stephen now. Was very disappointed to see Aoife go, I thought she was a very natural baker.

Well done Will, just after catching up! It's definitely a two horse race between you and Stephen now. Was very disappointed to see Aoife go, I thought she was a very natural baker.

Cheers IBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

As alluded to by someone else on the other thread I think, Chong, how obvious was it to the judges, who baked which dish during the technical challenges?

It seemed really obvious on the program last night, or was that just in the editing?

juke wrote: »
    As alluded to by someone else on the other thread I think, Chong, how obvious was it to the judges, who baked which dish during the technical challenges?

It seemed really obvious on the program last night, or was that just in the editing?

Thats all in the edit, they have no clue what baked what.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Will I saw on FB that you met Paul Hollywood during the week! How was that? Did he have any knowledge of/interest in the show?

(Sorry I know I ask a ridiculous amount of questions :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

Will I saw on FB that you met Paul Hollywood during the week! How was that? Did he have any knowledge of/interest in the show?

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same :-)

I tell you what, I was skeptical about meeting him as he doesnt always come off as the nicest guy. However when I arrived at Kitchen Complements in Dublin on Thursday I know a few of their staff so I cheekily asked could I get a word with Paul before the signing began. I was chuffed they said no probs so I got about 10 minutes with Paul to chat about everything. He is a thoroughly nice bloke no lie, advised on how to deal with public, asked did I enjoy doing the Irish Bake Off, and was I happy with the GBBO winner on Tuesday. Very nice bloke altogether I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chong wrote: »
    I tell you what, I was skeptical about meeting him as he doesnt always come off as the nicest guy. However when I arrived at Kitchen Complements in Dublin on Thursday I know a few of their staff so I cheekily asked could I get a word with Paul before the signing began. I was chuffed they said no probs so I got about 10 minutes with Paul to chat about everything. He is a thoroughly nice bloke no lie, advised on how to deal with public, asked did I enjoy doing the Irish Bake Off, and was I happy with the GBBO winner on Tuesday. Very nice bloke altogether I have to say.

Hmmmmm..... why would he say that? Interesting......

Morning Boardsies I will be as per usual tomorrow for any bake off chat :)

Hope you enjoy tonight's Semi Final !

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I got a funny feeling that you win it, Chong :)

I got a funny feeling that you win it, Chong :)

:) you will have to tune in , I could be gone tonight sure!

Being honest, I think "your journey" is a rubbish theme. Very poor choice from the judges / whoever picked it in my book - far too vague and how do you really represent a journey on a cake?

Agreed awec.

I nearly prefer maryannes interpretation of it, showing all the skills she's learned throughout the competition. Rather than drawing faces on with an edible marker..., at least use piped icing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

go Will!!

• Advertisement

GO ON WILL YE BOY YE! :D

Ye looked like you were about to collapse off that stool there. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

well done Will on getting to the final, thought you would get star baker.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Well done Will!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Yay well done on making it to the final Will!

Dunno how Maryanne got star baker when Biddy was lambasting her for playing it safe in the signature challenge and saying she made a cake where nothing could go wrong - as well as being told at the time she didn't really do what they expected.

Must be in the editing I guess.

I'm off out to put some money on ya Will :) well done :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,070 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Dunno how Will didn't get star baker there.

More weirdness - they weren't that critical of your flag cake when you were with them, but after that they called it a disaster during their wee chat. :confused:

Judging seemed a bit erratic this evening. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

awec wrote: »
    More weirdness - they weren't that critical of your flag cake when you were with them, but after that they called it a disaster during their wee chat. :confused:

Judging seemed a bit erratic this evening. :P

That has been consistant in the series so far imo.......

All smiles to your face and then slat you behind your back......

I'd have like to have heard some constructive criticism, but it's all smiles and bull from Biddy, Paul has tried hard to be positive but there comes a time when he has to call a spade a spade. I like Paul (it'd be hard not to!) but Biddy is "away with the fairies" as far as I'm concerned.........

What had that last challenge anything to do with baking for a Final Bake Off?........:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 zworkian

Well done Will, you did great. I think you were robbed for star baker.

Advertisement