Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Announcement: One of our contributors is on The Great Irish Bake Off!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Got to watch it this evening. Well done Will! Rubbish judging, apart from awarding your technical 1 st.
    Looking forward to next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Way behind this week, but I already saw from your FB page that you got to the final Will. Well done :D I'm not going to be watching the final life unfortunately :( I'll have to block your page and the tv3 page from my news feed til I get to watch if!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well done again Will.

I have to say, I love TGBBO but apart from watching a fellow Boarsie on TGIBO I'm finding the Irish one hard to watch, it just comes across as a bad imitation, which I suppose it is. I just think it's the usual bad TV3 production that's letting it down, plus the set looks really cheap in comparison to TGBBO. The judging is also all over the place, and the rushed nature due to all the ads breaks the flow too much. Apart from all that it's great! Ha! :D
    On a side note, Will spotted in town last week with a TV crew...... Hmmmmm..... ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Just in case (although I don't think it really is one), I've added a spoiler tag to your post, BaZmO ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

You spotted me with a TV crew lol? I wasn't filming anything last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Chong wrote: »
    You spotted me with a TV crew lol? I wasn't filming anything last week

I didn't, the OH said she did. Maybe not so, ha!

Hi Lovely baking enthuasists.

I hope you can all make this event on Saturday, its gonna be brilliant, we will also be doing lots of crowd participation.

http://whatson.arnotts.ie/homewares/great-irish-bake-off-pros-visit-arnotts/

Cheers

Will

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Best of Luck in the Final Will!! I'm not much a baker myself but follow this thread and the Cooking Club to get myself motivated.

I think I saw you in M&S on Grafton St at lunchtime yesterday and I was going to say "Hello Chong" but then thought that might be a bit weird!!:P

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Best of Luck in the Final Will!! I'm not much a baker myself but follow this thread and the Cooking Club to get myself motivated.

I think I saw you in M&S on Grafton St at lunchtime yesterday and I was going to say "Hello Chong" but then thought that might be a bit weird!!:P

Was in there alright you should have said hello :) and thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Was in there alright you should have said hello :) and thank you!

Awe wish I did now!!! Best of Luck anyway-i'll be watching Thursday:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

We need a secret boards signal so if any if us sees Will out and about he knows where we're from!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Really excited for you now Will.

Paul has real confidence in you which is great and what he said was spot on. You've really come into your own since the first week ! I'll try and get this week live !
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We need a secret boards signal so if any if us sees Will out and about he knows where we're from!
    Anyone else getting a mental image of Team America's secret signal? "Kiss me" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Think Hi Chong would be ideal, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Interview on Ireland AM with Will, MaryAnne and Stephen right now
    Nice plug for the blog there Will :)

Thanks alot guys I really hope ye enjoy tonight it will be good fun I know it was best fun ever.

Of course had to get the blog plug in :)

Thanks alot guys I really hope ye enjoy tonight it will be good fun I know it was best fun ever.

Of course had to get the blog plug in :)

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

any clues on the result ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fruitypie

I've really enjoyed the show. Congratulations on getting so far. Will be watching tonight and cheering you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I won't be around tonight to watch!!!! I can't see myself being able to avoid the spoilers, but I hope it's good news. Enjoy everyone, and best of luck Will!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Best of luck Will!

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What a load of absolute nonsense.

How can you finish third when Steven didn't even complete the damn thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

awec wrote: »
    What a load of absolute nonsense.

How can you finish third when Steven didn't even complete the damn thing?

I agree. Ridiculous decision.

You'd have been better off just ignoring one of the items from the very start and just focusing on three of them if that's the way they're judging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭shhling

Really strange question but was it filmed on the same day? I have noticed this a few times they talk about today and tomorrow but then we see they are wearing the same clothes,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

shhling wrote: »
    Really strange question but was it filmed on the same day? I have noticed this a few times they talk about today and tomorrow but then we see they are wearing the same clothes,

Have heard elsewhere that they are told to wear the same clothes both days in case something needs re-filming on the second day.

Same in GBBO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Chong mate, well done for making it this far..
    1 minute to go!!!

Is that Shreddies on top of Stevens cake?! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    Is that Shreddies on top of Stevens cake?! :pac:

Looks like it?

Well done Will, getting to the final is amazing. Just unlucky in the end, thought the lighthouse cake was great!

I think the fact Steven got 2nd place in the first challenge is a bit of a farce.

Congrats on the engagement. ;)

The boy done good!

Well done Will! You did seriously well in this! Fair play!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Well done Will. Congrats on your engagement.

Advertisement