Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

domel wrote: »
    Finally got a letter from them about price increase (for me massive E0.01) which allows me to break contract earlier without any penalties :). Also got a leaflets with horizon tv bundles, but they probably sends it to all customers. Time to look around for new BB and phone provider.

How does it allow you to break the contract without penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

How does it allow you to break the contract without penalties?

First at all they change service charge, secondly - as from 1 april phone connections are up as well - this also allows you to cancel service without 200e fee (if you have phone with them of course), got confirmation from upc rep.

'Hi,

Yes, recent contract changes will allow you to terminate your contract within 30 days of notice being sent. As your billing period is for the 28th of each month this wouldn't come into affect for you until the 28th of March so your notice is yet to be issued.

This should be issued however to the e-mail address linked to your account. This is ......
    Once you receive this notice our Customer Loyalty Team can terminate your account if you so wish.

You can find more info on terminating an account here:

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/de...g-your-account

Thanks, Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

With all these price increases you would think service would improve. My broadband is down again here in the park. I suppose a refund for downtime would be out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

UPC broadband is down again!!! This is getting ridiculous, working from home is just impossible. I'm tempted to drive around looking for the white vans rather than hold for another 25 minutes on their customer service line!!

eleMental wrote: »
    UPC broadband is down again!!! This is getting ridiculous, working from home is just impossible. I'm tempted to drive around looking for the white vans rather than hold for another 25 minutes on their customer service line!!
    maybe they work on network, use 3g instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gordy6040

dr ro wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem with upc broadband? Mine's not working
    mines going at 1-1.5mb instead of 25mb, there is a problem with the line comming into the house accorrding to the tech support rep i spoke to . they are sending an engineer out tomorrow. hopefully that will fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

I don't think there is just one alienated problem.
    upc at my place is down at least 6 times per day. I agree it is impossible to work from home.

with DIA we could seek a refund for downtime, not so sure about T&C's for residential contracts (perhaps if one could prove the line is used for business then maybe).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Newcomers1

Read above people, just got back a few pages.

There is an area wide issue, being sorted for part number of days. An engineer in your house will be of no use to you.

When sorted, fibre will be available, therefore high speed bb and new tv services.

Yes refunds are given for the inconvenience caused. You need go ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

3331293337.png

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Newcomers1 wrote: »
    Read above people, just got back a few pages.

There is an area wide issue, being sorted for part number of days. An engineer in your house will be of no use to you.

When sorted, fibre will be available, therefore high speed bb and new tv services.

Yes refunds are given for the inconvenience caused. You need go ask.

the problem newcomer is that when you call UPC and speak to their customer service they repeatedly tell you that they have no information about an ongoing issue in the area, that technicians are in the area and that service will be restored soon. i am currently on hold for the third time today. i was told at 2pm this was an isolated incident. i insisted it wasnt and was told a supervisor would call me back in 45 minutes. 3 hours later nothing. if their story was consistent fine, but its not, and if the people answering the phone have no info about the more serious issue affecting the area, they will insist on sending out an engineer to check your personal equipment, connection etc. they dont take people's words for it that the issue is affecting many people and their first port of call is always to check your hardware.

oh and i was told theyd review my file for a refund last week, turns out today theres not even a log of my having made the request last week :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Quickest result I've had since January.

3331408958.png

Newcomers1 wrote: »
    You need go ask.

do you have direct contact details to the person handling refunds?

tp25 wrote: »
    do you have direct contact details to the person handling refunds?

Head over to the UPC forum here in the 'talk to' section. I have up dealing with them on ohone after all the misinformation I got there.

By PM'ing UPC:Reps I got all my info and my refund sorted. There and then!

Best of luck

eleMental wrote: »
    the problem newcomer is that when you call UPC and speak to their customer service they repeatedly tell you that they have no information about an ongoing issue in the area, that technicians are in the area and that service will be restored soon. i am currently on hold for the third time today. i was told at 2pm this was an isolated incident. i insisted it wasnt and was told a supervisor would call me back in 45 minutes. 3 hours later nothing. if their story was consistent fine, but its not, and if the people answering the phone have no info about the more serious issue affecting the area, they will insist on sending out an engineer to check your personal equipment, connection etc. they dont take people's words for it that the issue is affecting many people and their first port of call is always to check your hardware.

oh and i was told theyd review my file for a refund last week, turns out today theres not even a log of my having made the request last week :(

I did all my dealings with UPC via the 'talk to' section here. Got all the fibre info and refund sorted. Those in the phone are a joke. Try PM'ing them with any problems, they are great to deal with.

can you post a link to this forum? how much refund you managed to receive and on what basis (e.g. who calculated downtime)??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Ahem....

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

Ahem....

That's near the 50 mark. Maybe the upgrade is half finished lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

tp25 wrote: »
    can you post a link to this forum? how much refund you managed to receive and on what basis (e.g. who calculated downtime)??

L(.)(.)K

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

gramo wrote: »
    That's near the 50 mark. Maybe the upgrade is half finished lol

Matt is not in Charlesland.

LEIN wrote: »
    Matt is not in Charlesland.

Why is he posting in the charlesland upc thread then 😩

• Advertisement

To make us jealous I suspect....

To make us jealous I suspect....

Brilliant lol

Has anyone seen any evidence of upgrade work?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Haven't seen anything and I was up to the village twice today.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Yeah, I've been up and down also and I haven't seen a thing.

...I've heard that they launched new satellite from The Baikonur Cosmodrome last night, it will be ready for full operation by friday, here is a photo proof:

space-shuttle-satellite-funny-pakistan.jpg
    UPC space shuttle

funny_satellite_device_1.jpg

Mission Control Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Kinikie

Yeah, I've been up and down also and I haven't seen a thing.

Speaking to reps on twitter and got refund sorted for last fortnight and they informed me that work is ongoing and they are working on a permanent solution although no details on their system about upgrade although thats not saying its not happening just the notes on Their system just saying "work ongoing"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 79 ✭✭Drweavil

Meanwhile...

At the UPC Network Operations Centre...

datacenter-monkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

God that's one ugly upc employee.
    don't get wasted at the christmas party would be my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Gargamello

After much giving out on facebook, twitter and UPC technical support I have received a 2 week refund, however they still will not (or cannot?) give a date when the problem will be fixed.
    I would encourage all those affected at this stage to complain, on Twitter, quoting the UPC Twitter handle @UPCIreland or post on their Facebook wall as they seem to respond very quickly to public complaints. It might give them a feeling for how many people are affected.
    A 5 second tweet is 100 times more powerful than a 20 minute wait on hold to their technical support.
    At this stage the problem is unacceptable and the fact the can't even give an estimate of fixing plus or minus a week is crazy.

Advertisement