Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facts of life you've found to be true

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People who make a point of declaring how "non-judgemental" they are, are always the quickest to express their judgemental opinion without even realising it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭xxerogravity

Licking peoples asses and being a fraud will get you everywhere. Be true to yourself at your peril.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

The saying "At times like this you find out who your real friends are" rang true last year for me. A big thing happened and not one of them were there for me.

If something looks too good to be true, then it is.

If you spend too long planning the future, you forget to live in the present.

Dogs love you unconditionally, cats have clauses.

Even if it's only a day past its use-by date, don't risk it.

On the day of the most important interview of your life, you will have a very bad hair day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Kagawa10

Alcohol does impair your boner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

Never trust a fart.;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Candie wrote: »
    If something looks too good to be true, then it is.

If you spend too long planning the future, you forget to live in the present.

Dogs love you unconditionally, cats have clauses.

Even if it's only a day past its use-by date, don't risk it.

On the day of the most important interview of your life, you will have a very bad hair day.
    Dogs have owners, cats have staff.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Good girls go to heaven, bad girls go everywhere.

Meatloaf was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

YOLO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

efb wrote: »
    YOLO

Should be YODO= You only die once. You live every day til then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

If it seems too good to be true, it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

When making a decision, your initial, gut reaction is nearly always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

mikemac1 wrote: »
    On their deathbed nobody wishes they spent more time in the office

Well I'm a young 'un but have seen far too many co workers made redundant and all those late evening unpaid and working through lunches didn't save them.

Or get ignored at promotion time.

Working free overtime in an office if you are not the owner or top brass getting a bonus is a suckers game.

Indeed, if you're working longer than you're supposed to for free then more fool you.

KKkitty wrote: »
    Should be YODO= You only die once. You live every day til then.

same as "life is short", life's the longest thing you'll ever do!

The phrase "never judge a book by it's cover" is nonsense. In the context of not judging people on their appearance, yes. In the case of not judging books by covers, horseshit. book covers tell you the title, author, and a brief summary of the book itself is handily written on the back, this is somewhat useful in finding books you might find of interest to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

You can't please everyone and not everyone will like you.

Your parents are only human.

Most people mean well.

A suntan is skin damage.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Never bring up stuff that's been bothering you with a partner or friend while drunk.

Realise that your future might not be in the country you were born.

Keep smoking till you're 30 and you'll be grand. After that you're ****ed.

When you eat a **** load of onions, your breath stinks; you might not be able to smell it but you smell seriously pongy (I eat a lot of onions and this news was broken to me recently).

Always carry around a pack of kleenex in case you have to clean your bum on a night out or use public loos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

You can't please all of the people all of the time. I should stop trying!

Always carry around a pack of kleenex in case you have to clean your bum on a night out or use public loos.

Stop the thread....what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

That cash is always king...

WD-40 can do almost anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

The Silent Majority aren't. In both cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Confidence is what you need if you want to succeed.

Friends are the people that keep trying even after you don't keep appointments.

Money holds back many great oppertunities.

Experience is vital and valuable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The cowardly, stupid and gullible outnumber you greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

Nazis are often portrayed as handsome and cool, though flawed, heroes. The truth is that they were, in general (yes, a 'generalisation.) a bunch of moral, ethical and intellectual degenerates. Who'd have thunk!

Weevil wrote: »
    Nazis are often portrayed as handsome and cool, though flawed, heroes. The truth is that they were, in general (yes, a 'generalisation.) a bunch of moral, ethical and intellectual degenerates. Who'd have thunk!

Everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭worded

Fantastic stuff altogether, lads. 8/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I see your point but then you're in danger of being seen as a clock watcher

Proper order. Everyone needs to be a clockwatcher and stamp out this idea that the company is more important than your time. If only everyone could stand up to these bully boy tactics. Someone will say "we'll get someone else to do your job" - if everyone took the same attitude of standing up to this ****, then that threat wouldn't exist. The alternative is to fire all your staff, cool, run the company by yourself then.

The whole notion of having everyone compete against each other is ludicrous. It's just a method to ring every last drop of productivity out of you, with the promise of a scraps.

If I'm expected to be at work at 09:00 on the nose for fear of reprisal, I expect the same courtesy to be out the door at 18:00 or whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Those who are a**holes do indeed get what's coming to them.......due to...yep you guessed it, being an a**hole.

Everything in life that you think is bad and will never end does. Accept that and realise that for most of us in our lifes there is more good than bad.

People can change. It is only the negative perceptions we place on these people that don't.

Stand up for yourself. People always give the "not worth it" shtick. It always is. Head held high, self pride and dignity are all our rights in life to have, don't let someone cheapen that. (obviously this does not apply to dangerous physical situations. Best advice: get outta dodge)

Do what you want in the spectrum of reality. If you want to be a free spirit and live in the woods go do it. Don't complain when you're low on money and that. If you're unhappy in your job leave.

Don't listen to your parents about the future. That's yours and you do whatever you want with it. If all they want to do is see you happy. Then they'll let you go be happy.

Sitting down and doing nothing is one of lifes greatest pleasures. Pure freedom. It's not a waste of time if you enjoy it. I know I do.

Never assume anyone you think to be in a lower job (cleaner,binman etc.) is stupid. A lot of these people are smarter then you will ever be. Most people can read. Just because you decided for college and he/she didn't mind or wanted to do that work means nothing.

People only care for the "good old days" when their lifes are crap. So don't have a crap life. Go out and do the things you want to do. Who says the fun ever has to stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

krudler wrote: »
    same as "life is short", life's the longest thing you'll ever do!

The phrase "never judge a book by it's cover" is nonsense. In the context of not judging people on their appearance, yes. In the case of not judging books by covers, horseshit. book covers tell you the title, author, and a brief summary of the book itself is handily written on the back, this is somewhat useful in finding books you might find of interest to you.

Just because its the longest thing you do, doesn't make the phrase wrong, if anything its a saying that I've defo found to be true. And in the context of time, 80 years or so is nothing. I've lived a quarter of my life and it has gone in an instant, to think that childhood is genuinely the longest part of life(new experiences, and remember how summers seemed to drag on for eternity back then) really brngs home how true that phrase is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

You will rarely change anyones mind about anything and even when you think you have the other person is probably just letting on so you'll stop badgering them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Beer before you lick her, not as bitter

Advertisement