Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Watched the live stream, and I can officially say that Community is back :D Absolutely excellent start of to the season. Literally laughed more in those first 2 episodes than in the entire season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well that was back to form. Can we just pretend that Season 4 never happened?

Can't believe they managed to convince
    Chevy
    to do that scene...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Well that was back to form. Can we just pretend that Season 4 never happened?

You mean the gas leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Enjoyable first two episodes. Had to laugh at Gareth and his axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

damnit why did you move threads :(

was wondering why I was not getting my usual community thread fix with annie gifs.

good start to new season, felt very much like business as usual from a season 2 early season 3 era. Nothing overstated. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Can't wait for Duncan's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

That was amazing! Annie holding Jeff back after class was hilarious, and I love how they've reinvented the "study group".

Does anyone know if that was an actual voiceover from Scrubs or did they get Braff?

"Does anyone else feel weird doing this without ... *looks to the empty chair* Magnitude?"

FunLover18 wrote: »
    That was amazing! Annie holding Jeff back after class was hilarious, and I love how they've reinvented the "study group".

Does anyone know if that was an actual voiceover from Scrubs or did they get Braff?

"Does anyone else feel weird doing this without ... *looks to the empty chair* Magnitude?"

If they did get Braff, he was uncredited.

At first I actually thought they had used re-hashed footage of Chase, but was glad to see he actually appeared. At least he is showing some respect to the fans. I do hope they make reference to what happened to Pierce, although I'm sure it's safe to assume he died or something.

I'm gonna miss Troy, but the way they've set up the season, they've got enough background characters to fill in the void...

If they did get Braff, he was uncredited.

At first I actually thought they had used re-hashed footage of Chase, but was glad to see he actually appeared. At least he is showing some respect to the fans. I do hope they make reference to what happened to Pierce, although I'm sure it's safe to assume he died or something.

I'm gonna miss Troy, but the way they've set up the season, they've got enough background characters to fill in the void...

I think the hologram is the best excuse you're going to get. He had obviously been in some legal dispute over a sexist comment (classic Pierce) and the museum (best museum EVER!!) was compensation. Didn't he say "take it from someone who has no legal right to be here". I had to watch the first episode twice before I got some of the gags, references, and call backs

I think the hologram is the best excuse you're going to get. He had obviously been in some legal dispute over a sexist comment (classic Pierce) and the museum (best museum EVER!!) was compensation. Didn't he say "take it from someone who has no legal right to be here". I had to watch the first episode twice before I got some of the gags, references, and call backs

I think I'll re-watch both episodes tonight. I used to do that with season 1-3, stay up late to watch the new ep than have another look the next day in case I missed something. Needless to say, I did not do that with gas leak year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I didnt click the gas leak joke the first time, but when they said the 2nd time it clicked straight away and I had to pause to catch my breath.

that plus the troy comment about scrubs is such an imense win for the fans following the events of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Great to have it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Episode one was good, but episode two was fecking brilliant!

"Witness Intimidation Project" :D

Interview about
    Chevy cameo.
    :
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/01/03/community-how-the-season-5-surprise-chevy-chase-pierce-hawthorne-cameo-came-to-be?+main+twitter

Seems the feud is more between Chevy and Sony rather than him and Dan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wait a second, I just watched those two episodes... and I laughed. A lot. Could it be? :D That's the most restrained and genuinely funny the show has been in ages, a great start to the (old)new era; long may it continue! I always found Community more enjoyable when they dialled back the zaniness and those two episode felt like proof; heck I even found myself not completely hating the Dean (that'll take time, but the absence of those stupid costumes was a good start)

The gas leak comment was a perfect acknowledgement of the previous season - and on reflection, it kinda fits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

That was definitely better. The only thing that felt slightly overdone was the Nic Cage impression went on a little too long, but it was pretty funny.

Lots of references back to the good old days, some subtle, some not so much.
    Didn't Pierce stop Jeff walking out on the group in the very first episode? And the Save Greendale Campaign echoes Jeff accidentally founding the study group trying to get close to Britta, thanks to Abed inviting everyone else. That's also probably Magnitude's least annoying pop-pop.

There's hope yet. Only 2 seasons and a movie to go!

MOH wrote: »
    That was definitely better. The only thing that felt slightly overdone was the Nic Cage impression went on a little too long, but it was pretty funny.

Lots of references back to the good old days, some subtle, some not so much.
    Didn't Pierce stop Jeff walking out on the group in the very first episode? And the Save Greendale Campaign echoes Jeff accidentally founding the study group trying to get close to Britta, thanks to Abed inviting everyone else. That's also probably Magnitude's least annoying pop-pop.

There's hope yet. Only 2 seasons and a movie to go!

I don't think we need spoiler tags for S01E01. A lot of call backs to the pilot; Jeff constantly leaving the room to meet other people, I think his excuse of going to the bathroom is a reference to him texting Abed "Say you have to go to the bathroom". The writers are so clever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I don't think we need spoiler tags for S01E01. A lot of call backs to the pilot; Jeff constantly leaving the room to meet other people, I think his excuse of going to the bathroom is a reference to him texting Abed "Say you have to go to the bathroom". The writers are so clever!!

Tags were more for anyone who hadn't watched both new episodes.

Liked the way they acknowledged some of the criticisms people have had about the last couple of seasons - particularly how all the characters have changed since we first met them, and gave them all a chance to improve themselves.

Except Britta - she just Britta'd it.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

really liked it, like was said already it was really understated in craziness terms.

When it ended, unlike the last season, I really wanted to see another one because I was interested in what was going to happen and not because I hoped the next episode would be a good episode.

It was only when reading the comments that I remembered that Jeff and Annie had a thing, it was like it never happened, I'm going to have to watch again to see if that is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Episode two was excellent. Love how the study group was able to come back together.

I found myself at times
    feeling sorry for Leonard and then at the end with Hickey. Seeing that tear on Troy's face made me realise how much I love his character

Good to see Pierce one last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

COMMUNITY'S BACK!! :D:D

I'm so thrilled at how good those episodes were! How amazing is professor Hickey? The end credits scene in episode 2 was funnier than the entirety of the gas leak season combined.

Oh if only Richard Dower were here now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episodes. Harmon didn't really hold back though with him tearing apart much of what was done during the gas leak (this must be a phrase that should be applied to other shows!). It was as if he was reading this thread and taking note of how people's characters had been dumbed down / shifted (e.g. Britta as an air head) and how ridiculous the Dean's use of ... Dean had become. And yet he managed to handle it intelligently and humorously into the plot rather than crudely.

Second episode brought on what will be more likely the tone of humour for the season. Professor Mike is good fun and hoping he's got a number of episodes ahead.

If this is the final 13 episodes, it looks like we might get a decent send off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Looks like we missed the "History of the Irish Potato Famine" class (yellow poster on the wall), I assume it was Prof. Cornwallis'...
    X2d2ZDcl.jpg

Oh if only Richard Dower were here now.

Eh. The ratings were pretty poor. I don't think he ever cared about the quality of the show, just the ratings.
    1.3 for the first episode, and 1.2 for the second. :(

Eh. The ratings were pretty poor. I don't think he ever cared about the quality of the show, just the ratings.
    1.3 for the first episode, and 1.2 for the second. :(

The ratings were always bad. They probably should've waited until next Thursday to start the new season anyway - still better than NBC's freshman sitcoms and on a par with Parks and Rec. Maybe when people hear it's actually good again, we might see an interest.
    Six Seasons and a Movie - don't give up on the dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It's NBC's top sitcom lads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Richard Dower's addition to the writing staff has been the key addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Could anyone remind of the gas leak? I've blanked out season 4

• Advertisement

phasers wrote: »
    COMMUNITY'S BACK!! :D:D

I'm so thrilled at how good those episodes were! How amazing is professor Hickey? The end credits scene in episode 2 was funnier than the entirety of the gas leak season combined.

I didn't get the end credits. What was that about?

Advertisement