Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 13/14

Options
12346»

Comments

Too quick for my edit! Code in my first post above. I'll leave this open for entry until kick off tomorrow evening to prevent anyone making multiple teams. All players welcome until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

just renewed the league i setup from last season.
    here's the code for anybody new that wants to join - 1210639-617117

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any way ye could merge the leagues? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

jebforever wrote: »
    Any way ye could merge the leagues? :D

Seems sensible. Any more takers. This is actually quite a good competition , particularly at the early stages..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Is it possible to merge the leagues?
    I don't know how to do it though. lol

• Advertisement

Nah don't think so, I was just messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Just delete the newly set up one and repost the code of the old one.

I've removed the code from my earlier post, and will join the established one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Now on to the tips lads, any must-have?

I'm thinking Messi,CR & Neymar, presume that'll be nearly half my budget

I'm looking at an attack of:

Fabregas - Matuidi - Pogba - Sterling
    Messi - Ronaldo - Welbeck

• Advertisement

Is the website down?

Is the website down?

Looks like it yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

NN215 wrote: »
    just renewed the league i setup from last season.
    here's the code for anybody new that wants to join - 1210639-617117

joined_ wheres united:))

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

redarmy wrote: »
    joined_ wheres united:))

Pleasing Van Gaals' wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

On a more serious matter, which league is the proper one, or shuld I just join the 2 and see which one remains active.

Have never made it past Semi final stages in this, somehow keep forgetting about it when the time comes.

Jeju wrote: »
    On a more serious matter, which league is the proper one, or shuld I just join the 2 and see which one remains active.

Have never made it past Semi final stages in this, somehow keep forgetting about it when the time comes.

The one posted by NN215 I assume is the main one, I appear to have been automatically included as I was in it last year. Crumbs (who I think still posts here sometimes?) won it last year as well as the Irish league.
    Are you out there crumbs, involved this year????

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Just joined, this is a cracking one once you don't forget to do your team which I always do for a couple of gameweeks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Are you out there crumbs, involved this year????
    Yes! I'm back for more. Crack Koke is my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Entered a team for this, haven't played it in a good few years. Height of laziness, but are the rules much different from FPL? Can you make subs/change captaincy during the gameweek? What's the story with transfers during the group stage?

Balls - read the rules there, seems you can make subs. I have a Monaco defender with 7 pts on the bench :(

If you can make changes, then can you bring in that monaco defender, no?

I had Ronaldo as captain, probably gonna switch that to Suarez as he 'only' got 9 points. Is there a time limit for these mid-gameweek changes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

If you can make changes, then can you bring in that monaco defender, no?

I had Ronaldo as captain, probably gonna switch that to Suarez as he 'only' got 9 points. Is there a time limit for these mid-gameweek changes?

You can only bring in players yet to play. I won't me making any subs as my 3 players on the bench. The only way my Monaco defender will get in is if two of my starters don't get a game as he is my second sub. Kagawa already didn't play so need one more.

Average enough tonight, Hulk, Ronaldo and Afellay the only ones to do anything for me. Will probably lose interest fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

cant make any changes, just showing a goalkeeper?? joke of a site:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Same as, have a player injured and can't change him. Want to change captain as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Same happened to me in GW1... wanted to change captain but couldn’t do it.
    Well... the armband stayed in brahimi (fc porto) and the bastard only scored a hat-trick...

Fixed now but ye need to work quickly as there's an early game in Russia.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

same rules apply as FPL?
    If a player "wins" a penalty that's later converted is it awarded an assist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Looks like I somehow won this league for the 4th year in a row!

It was a close run thing against Swiper and a couple of others and it went down to the last kick of the last match.

Crumbs wrote: »
    Looks like I somehow won this league for the 4th year in a row!

It was a close run thing against Swiper and a couple of others and it went down to the last kick of the last match.

Well done on that, I actually thought I had won it as I checked in just after the final whistle and I was top of the leaderboard, obviously Neymar's goal hadn't been included yet.
    I missed the deadline for the first semi finals when 6 transfers were allowed so I'll blame that;)
    It's a good enough game and certainly provides some extra interest on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

Advertisement