Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 13/14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

KevIRL wrote: »
    No. Unlikely all your guys playing tonight will get more than 5 pts each. Decide which of them are least likely to and bench them instead

Ah yeah, that's what I'll do alright(it's actually 4 points he got as he got a yellow), still the temptation is there in the form of the unknown. Your team is a few points ahead of mine, I assume you'll be removing the armband from Giroud today???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Did it last night.

Left my keeper and one midfielder on that have 3 pts each

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i hope i don't regret not switching my captaincy to Ronaldo tonight. damn you Lewandowski, damn you! :rolleyes:

swoody wrote: »
    i hope i don't regret not switching my captaincy to Ronaldo tonight. damn you Lewandowski, damn you! :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat, should we be happy when Ronaldo scores tonight or not? I assume it's only zombies who left it on Messi and us Lewandowski guys who don't have him captained.

I'm in the same boat, should we be happy when Ronaldo scores tonight or not? I assume it's only zombies who left it on Messi and us Lewandowski guys who don't have him captained.

i hope he destroy's Kobenhaven. my worry is my midfield, i know Icso will play but i have my doubts about Kroos and Matuidi now. i wanted to play Bruno against Olympiacos but couldn't decide which one to drop so i left it as it was. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

forgot there's an early kick off for tonight's game.
    so didnt have the chance to make subs,
    damn. oh well. hahaha

isco's been benched :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rooney not in United squad.

swoody wrote: »
    isco's been benched :(
    Rooney not in United squad.

Double sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Question about CL Fantasy Football... Clean sheets are awarded if no goals are conceded in the first 60 mins. Is that right? I thought that's how it is, but Dante and Alaba (FC Bayern) seem to have lost theirs, even though Man City only scored in the 79th minute. Just wondering...

• Advertisement

same as fpl, if you are on the field when a goal is scored you cannot have a clean sheet, if you are on for a minimum of 60 mins in which time no goals are conceded you receive the clean sheet points.

57 points this week, currently 19 on the boards league

same as fpl, if you are on the field when a goal is scored you cannot have a clean sheet, if you are on for a minimum of 60 mins in which time no goals are conceded you receive the clean sheet points.

57 points this week, currently 19 on the boards league

Oh right. So a player only gets the points if no goals conceded AND he has been on for at least 60 mins. That clears that up so. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Group stage gameweek 3 starting tomorrow people,
    get your team ready !
    :D

Messi back in I think even though they've a tricky away game.

I'll leave Messi out for this week, I've a couple of injured players and it's a shame not to have all your squad playing the way the game works

Should I leave it on Lewandowski(goal and assist) or give it to Ronaldo at home to Juve?

Should I leave it on Lewandowski(goal and assist) or give it to Ronaldo at home to Juve?

Ronaldo :)

jma wrote: »
    Ronaldo :)

Very little in the difference for a finish Zlatan was the one to be on this week.
    I finished on 71, not bad at all considering I lost two clean sheets in the last couple of minutes on Tuesday.

Very little in the difference for a finish Zlatan was the one to be on this week.
    I finished on 71, not bad at all considering I lost two clean sheets in the last couple of minutes on Tuesday.

4 goals was good going alright.

Captain Ronaldo not looking too hot so far :(

• Advertisement

Captain Ronaldo not looking too hot so far :(

Bit better now :cool:

edit - an assist now to go with the goal

Had kinda forgotten about this after setting up my team yesterday, was keeping an eye on the scores last night and thought I lost the PSG clean sheet but I've just discovered that Marquinhos had been subbed by then:D.
    I've 35(was 43) points with 7 playing tonight, left Ronaldo's 9 points as captain, Lewandowski is the only other contender I have for it tonight.

Only Just remembered to make my subs for tonight. Leaving ronaldo as capt

Looks like being 74 points this week, although did take a 4 point hit. Almost worked out the captaincy and subs perfectly but Messi's late second means I lost out 2 points on the captaincy by leaving it on Ronaldo

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Diego Costa for Atletico Madrid is a must have player scored and assisted in his last 2 matches with 3 goals and an assist.

With some teams already qualified, expect rotation to start.

Any good source for UCL team news?

shayno90 wrote: »
    Any good source for UCL team news?

The Tuesday set of matches for the last gameweek all dont start till 19:45, that means we'll have the line ups 45 mins before the deadline.

No use to us for the next gameweek though as Zenit and Athletico kick off at 17:00

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

KevIRL wrote: »
    The Tuesday set of matches for the last gameweek all dont start till 19:45, that means we'll have the line ups 45 mins before the deadline.

No use to us for the next gameweek though as Zenit and Athletico kick off at 17:00

Ya annoying when you see your players down as doubtful. Luckily played Ibra yesterday but got caught out with Arda Turan.

Best to sort your team out straight after the gmwk ends and then hope for the best until the next one starts.

Will transfer Vladimir Weiss out, hasn't played last 2 matches.

Used the wildcard after gmwk 1, best time I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Is an assist not awarded for winning a pen in this? I don't seem to have got an assist for Pogba last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭tom_k

JokerD wrote: »
    Is an assist not awarded for winning a pen in this? I don't seem to have got an assist for Pogba last night.

In this game there's a category of "Penalty won" worth 1 point as opposed to the player getting an assist awarded.

So Pogba got 2 points for playing more than 60 mins, 1 point for penalty won and 1 point for 5 recovered balls making 4 points in total.

At least I think that's right.

• Advertisement

Interesting that the overall leader has neither Ronaldo or Messi. Finished on 75 (-2) for the week, just outside the top 6,000.

Advertisement