Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football 13/14

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fpllad

Anyone want to join my UCL League, the code is: 1530264-472614

the GAA UCL Code also is: 1530264-479512

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will be taking a hit to get rid of Ronaldo and Messi but finding it hard to decide the replacements. Lewandowski is an obvious one and maybe Zlatan.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

Already made my transfer 2 wks ago but need to make another with Messi and Ronaldo out injured.

Might be worth getting Negredo as Aguero might be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Lewandowski and Negredo for me. Also got Vidal to come on for Di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have Ronaldo and Ribery to replace, obviously that means I can have anyone I want. Are any of the other big hitters likely to be rested or injured for this week? Already have Lewendowski

• Advertisement

Diego Costa hasn't travelled with the Atletico team for anyone that has him. Hard to know if Zlatan will start. Jackson Martinez could be worth a punt, Porto have to beat Austria Vienna at home. Negredo is a great shout too. Went for Benzema to replace Ronaldo, should be goals in the Real Gala game if the first match is anything to go by.

I had a bit of trouble with my midfield, both Ribery and Sam are out, I've put in Robben and Ramsey:eek:

Not sure when to play the wildcard in this, I've taken a 4 point hit the last few weeks because it seems very little for the two extra transfers. Wildcard might come in handier for the knockout stages to fit in home players between ties.

I'm currently 20th in the boards league, I see KevIrl right behind me, Fingers a couple of places further back, Crumbs is absolutely kicking ass, he posts here right(same guy???). What's the names of ye're teams to the rest of ye so we can ramp up the competition. Mine is Evil Gus Parkers XI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Diego Costa hasn't travelled with the Atletico team for anyone that has him. Hard to know if Zlatan will start. Jackson Martinez could be worth a punt, Porto have to beat Austria Vienna at home. Negredo is a great shout too. Went for Benzema to replace Ronaldo, should be goals in the Real Gala game if the first match is anything to go by.

fcuk sake..... already without messi, ronaldo and had put adriano in but he didnt travel either i hear...... and i had costa as captain. Bollocks.

Down in 36th spot so hoping Aguero and Zlatan deliver today.
    Benched Miranda who looks like getting the clean sheet away to Zenit.

Gmwk 5-6 are always the tough ones with rotation and injuries with some teams already qualified.

• Advertisement

Adrián Lopez scored if anyone has him

Raúl García with the assist

0-1 Atlético

Late goal conceded by Chelsea, no big score tonight, expect more tomorrow night from the other 7 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I'm currently 20th in the boards league, I see KevIrl right behind me, Fingers a couple of places further back, Crumbs is absolutely kicking ass, he posts here right(same guy???). What's the names of ye're teams to the rest of ye so we can ramp up the competition. Mine is Evil Gus Parkers XI
    Yeah, that's me. I've taken a risk on Dzeko tomorrow! :eek:

Very low average(14) from last nights games, I managed 37 including captain Lewandowski, down to 23 now after my transfers out for tonight. Moved up to 13 on boards league before the changes, hoping for a good return from Ibra tonight, assume he'll play a major part as PSG will want to ensure topping the group right?? Robben will surely play also as Munich have a few important players injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Forgot to change my team yesterday at lunch so had Messi and Ronaldo starting.

JokerD wrote: »
    Forgot to change my team yesterday at lunch so had Messi and Ronaldo starting.

i feel your pain.....

i got caught out on the early KO a few match days back and of course alaba goes and scores and keeps a clean sheet. dropped from 2nd to 10th in the boards league and top 1,000nd to top 10,000nd. playing catch up now with differentials like neymar yesterday (disaster) and tevez tonight. had the armband on jackson martinez yesterday but might switch it to tevez and see what happens.

Make your substitutions now before the early match at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Bit of a disaster for me. Negredo (captain hasn't played a minute). I was sure Aguero would be rested.
    Di Maria ended up playing and got 10 points. I have him on the bench.
    Marquinhos didn't start. And Alaba and Lahm didn't do anything for a change.
    At least getting Vidal in wasn't a bad move (he got a hat trick).

Edit: Negredo just came on for Nasri and scored in the 78th minute. At least something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

58 points (-4) this week, although Rooney only has 3 assists so far, expecting that to go up to 4 and another 3 points, sometimes recovered balls points dont get added till later also.

We shall see!

Hey fellow Champs league players, is there anywhere to get reasonably accurate predicted lineups for these games, I appear to have a very depleted squad and don't have much time to study what's what.

Messi still out, Ibra rested, Robben injured, many teams with nothing to play for, this could be very tricky!

• Advertisement

Hey fellow Champs league players, is there anywhere to get reasonably accurate predicted lineups for these games, I appear to have a very depleted squad and don't have much time to study what's what.

Messi still out, Ibra rested, Robben injured, many teams with nothing to play for, this could be very tricky!

Bump! Anywhere to get predicted lineups without too much trawling??

Bump! Anywhere to get predicted lineups without too much trawling??

I found the Sports Republic app the other day and that has a good CL section in it. I haven't been able to find a decent website though. From what I've seen so far:

Man City
    Silva is back and may feature. Nastasic and Yaya out. Hart likely to play.

United
    Rooney back, Vidic, Evra and Smalling out. Kagawa could feature.

Chelsea
    Luiz and Oscar trained with squad yesterday and could feature

Madrid
    Ronaldo is back and Ancelotti said "he will play on Tuesday without any problem." Bale also expected to play. Benzema may be rested again in favour of Morata.

Juventus
    Pirlo is out until after Christmas

Barcelona
    Messi, Valdes and Dani Alves are out.

PSG
    PSG expected to rest Ibrahimovic, Marco Verratti, Alex, Thiago Silva and Gregory van der Wiel with qualification already assured

Group A Possible starting lineups

Man United: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Giggs, Kagawa; Welbeck, Rooney

Shakhtar: Pyatov; Srna, Kucher, Shevchuk, Rakitskiy; Hubschman, Teixeira, Costa, Fernando, Bernard; Adriano

Real Sociedad: Bravo; Gonzalez, De La Bella, Carlos Martinez, Inigo Martinez; Xabi Prieto, Bergara, Ros; Agirretxe, Vela, Griezmann

Bayer Leverkusen: Leno; Spahic, Toprak, Donati, Can; Rolfes, Bender; Hegeler, Castro, Son; Kiessling

Group B Possible starting lineups

FC Copenhagen: Wiland ; Jacobsen , Mellberg , Sigurdsson , Bengtsson ; Gislason , Claudemir , Delaney , Toutouh ; Braaten , Jorgensen.

Real Madrid: Casillas ; Carjaval , Llorente , Pepe , Marcelo ; Casmiero , Illaramandi ; Bale , Isco , Ronaldo ; Morata.

Galatasaray: Muslera , Eboue,Chedjou , Kaya , Nounkeu ; Melo , Inan ; Bruma , Sneijder , Yilmaz ; Drogba.

Juventus:Buffon ; Barzagli , Bonucci , Chiellini ; Leichsteiner ,Marchiso , Vidal , Pogba , Asamoah ; Tevez , Llorente

Group C Possible starting lineups

Benfica: Artur ; Pereira , Luisao , Garay , Silvio ; Fejsa , Matiz ; Gaitan , Perez , Markovic ; Lima.

PSG: Sirigu ; Van der Wiel , Marquinhos , Thiago Silva , Maxwell ; Mataudi , Motta , Moura , Lavezzi ; Cavani , Ibrahimovic.

Group D Possible starting lineups

Bayern Munich: Neuer; Lahm, Boateng, Dante, Alaba; Martinez; Muller, Thiago, Kroos, Ribery; Gotze

Manchester City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko

Group E Possible starting lineups

Chelsea: Cech; Cole, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic; Mikel, Lampard; De Bruyne, Hazard, Mata; Eto’o

Steaua Bucuresti: Tatarusanu; Latovlevici, Szukala, Gardos, Prepelita; Chipciu, Tanase, Bourceanu, Neagu, Popa; Piovaccari

Schalke: Fahrmann; Uchida, Fuchs, Howedes, Matip; Neustadter, Boateng, Farfan, Draxler; Szalai, Meyer

Basel: Sommer; Voser, Ivanov, Schar, Xhaka; Stocker, Serey, Frei, Mohamed Salah, Mohamed El Nenny; Streller

Group F Possible starting lineups

Arsenal: Sceszney ; Jenkinson , Koscielney , Mertsacker, Monreal ; Flamini , Arteta ; Walcott , Özil , Cazorla ; Giroud.

Napoli: Reina ; Maggio , Fernandez , Britos , Armero ; Inler , Behrami ; Callejon , Pandev , Insigne ; Higuian.

Marseille: Mandanda; Fanni, Mendes, Diawara, Mendy; Thauvin, Lemina, Imbula, Cheyrou, Payet; Gignac

Dortmund: Weidenfeller; Grosskreutz, Friedrich, Kehl, Durm; Aubameyang, Blaszczykowski, Reus, Piszczek, Mkhitaryan; Lewandowski

Group G Possible starting lineups

Atletico Madrid: Courtois ; Insua , Godin , Alderwield , Luis ; Tiago , Koke , Garcia ; Adrian , Villa , Costa.

Porto: Helton ; Danilo , Otamendi , Mangala , Sandro ; Fernando , Defour ; Josue , Gonzalez , Lica ; Martinez.

Austria Wien: Heinz Linder; Kaja Rogulj, Manuel Ortlechner, Hosiner, Murg; Kienast, James Holland, Dilaver, Daniel Royer, Suttner; Fabian Koch.

Zenit St. Petersburg: Yuri Lodigin; Domenico Criscito, Neto, Alexander Anyokov, Nicolas Lombaerts; Danny, Shirokov, Faizulin, Arshavin, Axel Witsel; Hulk.

Group H Possible starting lineups

FC Barcelona: Pinto ; Montoya , Puyol , Mascherano , Adriano ; Busquets , Xavi , Iniesta ; Neymar , Sanchez , Pedro.

Celtic: Forster , Lustig , Ambrose , Van Dijk , Izaguirre ; Kayal, Mulgrew , Stokes , Commens , Forrest ; Samaras.

AC Milan: Abbiati; Poli, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Nocerino; El Shaarawy, Balotelli, Kaka

Ajax: Cillessen; Van Rhijn, Veltman, Moisander, Ligeon; Klaassen, Blind, Serero; Schone, Hoesen, Fischer

would you like predictions as well......?

Cheers for the thought Swoody but those predictions are very dodgy, Ibra hasn't travelled with PSG and Evra is injured, Hart certain to start for City etc

Cheers for the thought Swoody but those predictions are very dodgy, Ibra hasn't travelled with PSG and Evra is injured, Hart certain to start for City etc

so cavani will be up top with Pastore starting. put buttner in evras place and switch costel and hart. every other line up is bang on i think.

who you worried wont play?

Thing is I won't be at a computer when the lineups are announced, I'd like to know with some certainty that Ronaldo and Ribery will start in particular.

Thing is I won't be at a computer when the lineups are announced, I'd like to know with some certainty that Ronaldo and Ribery will start in particular.

Ribery starts as does Ronaldo......

Man Utd: De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Büttner; Young, Giggs, Jones, Januzaj; Kagawa, Rooney.

Bayern: Neuer - Dante, Thiago, Ribéry, Mandžukić, Boateng, Götze, Lahm, Müller, Alaba

Manchester City: Hart, Kolarov, Lescott, Demichelis, Richards, Fernandinho, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Navas and Dzeko

Real Madrid: Casillas; Arbeloa, Nacho, Pepe, Marcelo; Xabi Alonso, Modric; Isco, Benzema, Bale, Ronaldo

Juventus: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pogba, Marchisio, Asamoah, Tevez, Llorente

Gala: Fernando Muslera, Chedjou, Semih, Gökhan Zan, Eboue, Melo, Sneijder, Selçuk, Riera, Drogba, Burak Yılmaz.

PSG Sirigu; Traore, Marquinhos, Camara, Digne; Rabiot, Motta, Pastore; Moura, Cavani, Menez.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Site has crashed, mid wildcard :(

If I cant this through, I'm done

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Site has crashed, mid wildcard :(

If I cant this through, I'm done

1378853178811.gif

just squeezed my transfers in there with 10 seconds to go.... :pac:

Advertisement