Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic The Hedgehog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Is that the originally planned layout? I always just assumed it was alphabetical, final zone excluded of course...

That's interesting, I've never noticed that they were alphabetical :D

Here's a bit from SonicRetro about the level order;

This zone (Labyrinth) was originally supposed to be the second zone instead of the fourth, according to the unaltered Level Select menu. It is theorized to have been switched with Marble Zone in terms of level placement due to its higher difficulty.

So all that thinking goes on the level select menu I believe - but maybe it just happens to be alphabetical and all the theories are wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Really? I was sure that the Labyrinth Zone was 2nd, at least on my GG!

(Then again, it's been a long time! :o )

Master of the Universe

Really? I was sure that the Labyrinth Zone was 2nd, at least on my GG!

(Then again, it's been a long time! :o )

Ive read some theories that the first Sonic Game Gear game is really close to the fabled missing Sonic proto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ive read some theories that the first Sonic Game Gear game is really close to the fabled missing Sonic proto.

Missing proto?

Master of the Universe

Missing proto?

Never heard about that no? Watch the Waynes world segments where theyre in a studio with Sonic running on monitors in the background - it aint the same as regular Sonic.

Fairly sure the clip is on youtube. Would link but am on my phone!

Sega have been asked to dig it out of their vaults but it cant be found.

Which is weird as there have been leaked builds of all the other games.

• Advertisement

This??

Master of the Universe

Cant play videos on my phone but from the first frame I think thats it yeah. Ad for Noah's Arcade with Sonic in the background? theres a bit of green hill (with an enemy removed from the final version +but in the game booklet) and some Starlight Zone too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

gavingaz wrote: »
    Just trying to start a decent chat. It seems that moderators are the only ones allowed to post/have an opinion/chat without receiving a warning or being scrutinised for only having a handful of posts. You have to start somewhere, we don't automatically have 10,000 posts. No need to be suspicious of newcomers lads, that's how you meet new people. That paranoia is bad for the soul. Get out more.
    I know EnterNow has covered this but seeing as it's my post you're quoting I'll just give you the situation as I see it.
    Anyone can post a thread about anything.
    There.
    But to create a general area within the forum for users to post about, well, anything is rather the domain of the moderators.

Thus has nothing to do with post count.
    I would not post in another forum, creating a general thread on any subject, however relevant to that forum topic it might be.

The other matter is the defensive tone of your post. That was unnecessary, no one here picks on anyone, aside from picking on Atavan and Retr0, occasionally I too come in for flak due to my superior taste in games

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I too come in for flak due to my superior taste in games

Where's that beer spitting gif when you need it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

occasionally I too come in for flak due to my superior taste in games

tumblr_mq4ookiOFe1sppmago1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I won a sonic 2 t-shirt in a competition in some comic to celebrate the release of sonic 2 way back when, pretty cool it was too. man i rocked the **** outta that shirt, wish i still had it, the boys in the bog were pretty jealous let me tell you

Master of the Universe

This??

Had a look and that clip and it's much shorter than the one I remember. Must have been taken down due to copywrite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Is that the originally planned layout? I always just assumed it was alphabetical, final zone excluded of course...

Surely if it was alphabetically it would have been

Green Hill
    Labyrinth
    Marble
    Scrap Brain
    Spring Yard
    Star Light

Imagine that layout.

And don't call me Shirley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I was actually playing Sonic 4 the other night. I'd only ever played the demo, which I was never impressed with. I blew through the first few stages and had a bit of fun with them. I didn't realise how off everything really felt till I got to the spots where you were jumping across rotating cards and being blasted out of cannons. It all swiftly fell apart then.

This thread had me in the mood to break out the early games tonight though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

deathrider wrote: »
    I was actually playing Sonic 4 the other night. I'd only ever played the demo, which I was never impressed with. I blew through the first few stages and had a bit of fun with them. I didn't realise how off everything really felt till I got to the spots where you were jumping across rotating cards and being blasted out of cannons. It all swiftly fell apart then.

This thread had me in the mood to break out the early games tonight though.

Sonic 1 is the best game ever, I have Sonic and all, it's a bit of a problum lol I wear the costume at Halloween too, what's your favorit episod of the Sonic cartoon

Sonic 1 is the best game ever, I have Sonic and all, it's a bit of a problum lol I wear the costume at Halloween too, what's your favorit episod of the Sonic cartoon

I have Sonic curtains in my room I meant lol. Sonic CD was great too I love all the Sonic games they are the best games I have evr plyd

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have Sonic curtains in my room I meant lol. Sonic CD was great too I love all the Sonic games they are the best games I have evr plyd

Aren't Super Mario World and Yoshis Island not far far better? Also they've never made a decent 3d Sonic have while even the worst of the 3d Mario games, Super Mario Sunshine, is a far better game than the best Sonic game in 3d, Sonic Colors.
    Of course, that's just my opinion

Master of the Universe

Aren't Super Mario World and Yoshis Island not far far better? Also they've never made a decent 3d Sonic have while even the worst of the 3d Mario games, Super Mario Sunshine, is a far better game than the best Sonic game in 3d, Sonic Colors.

Super Mario World is but Yoshis Island isnt. Beautiful game but crazy overrated. Cant bring myself to finish it due to repetative bordom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Mario World is but Yoshis Island isnt. Beautiful game but crazy overrated. Cant bring myself to finish it due to repetative bordom!

Really? I thought Yoshi's was full of really creative level design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

super mario sunshine > mario 64

there, i said it.

• Advertisement

Mario, in a Sonic thread? Get the fugg...:D

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Really? I thought Yoshi's was full of really creative level design.

It's the whole egg throwing mechanic that had me board to switching it off. It's just repetitive and dull.

I find a lot of the time when folks try to add some gimmick thing like that to a platformer (similarly the FLUDD gun in Mario Sunshine and most recently in my experience, the water gun in Mighty Switch Force 2) it just becomes a chore and a bore to use.

Stopping all the time to fire an egg/put out a fire takes something away from the flow of the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

super mario sunshine > mario 64

there, i said it.

At least you didn't say sonic adventure.

Sonic is Da best. He can run rely fast and Tails can fly him out of any problums, and he is funy like in de cartoon, he is always telln jokes. Mario only says Mama Mia or Letsa Go, Sonic is much funier

Sonic is Da best. He can run rely fast and Tails can fly him out of any problums, and he is funy like in de cartoon, he is always telln jokes. Mario only says Mama Mia or Letsa Go, Sonic is much funier

Sonic does not, nor should ever, talk.

Master of the Universe

I really liked (and still like) the original Sonic cartoon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sonic does not, nor should ever, talk.
    Which they got right in Generations. Well at least with classic sonic. That other lanky bastard can piss off

I thought Sonic Colours VO and script was done well. It really took the piss out of how ridiculous the sonic's storylines have been and how gullible all the characters are.

Master of the Universe

Lanky Sonic - just no! He should always be a little stout tubby fellow.

In fact, has anyone played the Sonic 1 hack where he 'eats' the rings and gets fatter?

The fatter you are the slower you get. If I remember correctly, you die if you get too obese.

Only way to lose weight is to run it off :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I agree. I've started it a bunch of times, but never finished it. I've actually just restarted it on GBA the other day. Determined to see it through this time.

Advertisement