Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonic The Hedgehog

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭gavingaz

EnterNow wrote: »
    Sonic does not, nor should ever, talk.

He talks in de cartoon.

Just wundrn wot ppl tink about d Xbox version of Soinc, where he becums a wearwulf, I didnt lik dat 3rd person version I lik the side scrolin one on sega d most its deadly wit the coins an scarp brain zone an d atlants levl was so cool wot do u all tink let me know thnks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

gavingaz wrote: »
    Just wundrn wot ppl tink about d Xbox version of Soinc, where he becums a wearwulf, I didnt lik dat 3rd person version I lik the side scrolin one on sega d most its deadly wit the coins an scarp brain zone an d atlants levl was so cool wot do u all tink let me know thnks

I'm not trying to insult you but is there any chance you'll spell properly, I'm finding reading your posts a massive challenge!

Sonic Colors seems to be the best reviewed 3d Sonic game.
    Sonic Generations is fun as well.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not trying to insult you but is there any chance you'll spell properly, I'm finding reading your posts a massive challenge!

Sory, I hav dysleixa. I won't post anymore here. Sory. :(

I share dis acount wit my cousn, pleez dont close it he'll go mad. Sory for my spelin really sory guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

tumblr_lylnabqCX71r33yo7o1_500.gif

On a scale of 1 to 1 million how awful are you feeling at this moment?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Post as much as you want, it just looked a bit like text speak but if you can't help it then it can't be helped.

As for Sonic Unleashed, dreadful game. Even the side scrolling levels were naff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Parawind wrote: »

Dyslexia is one thing, but txt-spk is against site rules.

tumblr_lylnabqCX71r33yo7o1_500.gif

Its ok he didn no. Sory if i . Confusd anyone wit my spelin, its my fault

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Post as much as you want, it just looked a bit like text speak but if you can't help it then it can't be helped.

As for Sonic Unleashed, dreadful game. Even the side scrolling levels were naff.

Thnks Retrogamt. :) yes sonic unleashd was strange wit RPG elemnts an all, side acrolin sectins were very poor. which is your favorti sonic game

• Advertisement

U just used txt-spk when u describd txt-spk. Seems a bit iroinc doesnt it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

I know what your saying but his post clearly wasn't txt speak.

As for Sonic Galaxy lost world really looks set to be a return to form. I really enjoyed Generations and the all stars racing games. I think they are finally starting to recapture some of the magic of the sonic games gone by mostly by removing the really out there ideas they experimented with in recent times.

Keys to a good sonic game are simple, tight control, good level design and fast pacing. Throw in one or two interesting new mechanics as long as they feel nature and don't disrupt the flow of the game.

I know what your saying but his post clearly wasn't txt speak.

As for Sonic Galaxy lost world really looks set to be a return to form. I really enjoyed Generations and the all stars racing games. I think they are finally starting to recapture some of the magic of the sonic games gone by mostly by removing the really out there ideas they experimented with in recent times.

Keys to a good sonic game are simple, tight control, good level design and fast pacing. Throw in one or two interesting new mechanics as long as they feel nature and don't disrupt the flow of the game.

Yes parawind too many mad ideas in de New soinc games, I lik d racing one my favirite one is numbr 2 with tails I love tails and knuckles was cool but he wasnt as cool as Soinc Hedgehog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I know what your saying but his post clearly wasn't txt speak

Obviously, we know that now don't we? It wasn't clear at the time, especially looking at the users other posts elsewhere which were perfectly legible. It has been explained now that the account is shared between users (also possibly against the rules), & one user has dyslexia. You made a remark about the forum mod who was perfectly within his rights to highlight it.

@ gagvingaz, as Retr0 said, post as much as you like, we now know it's not txt-speak so carry on :)

Obviously, we know that now don't we? It wasn't clear at the time, especially looking at the users other posts elsewhere which were perfectly legible. It has been explained now that the account is shared between users (also possibly against the rules), & one user has dyslexia. You made a remark about the forum mod who was perfectly within his rights to highlight it.

@ gagvingaz, as Retr0 said, post as much as you like, we now know it's not txt-speak so carry on :)

Thnks lads. :) my cousin is settn up a new accunt . because I didn know you arent aloud share one so its sorted. Back on topic, wud anyone lik to see soinc and crash banbicoot crossovr sum day mayb next gen console

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not terribly tbh

I would expect most people to be ok at spellings
    plus, there's an awful lot of text speak that's seems to be spelled just fine.

sure as long as the topics are relevant we won't quibble

Not terribly tbh

I would expect most people to be ok at spellings
    plus, there's an awful lot of text speak that's seems to be spelled just fine.

sure as long as the topics are relevant we won't quibble

Yes lets keep on topic here lads. Wot does everyone think of crossovr wit Crash banbicoot on next gen would it b a good idea or just a fanboy fantasy

I never liked Crash all that much.
    And we should probably hope that Sega come up with a decent 3d game for their mascot before having a cross over of any type.
    That said, he's had some success in the Sonic&Mario Olympics tie-in's over the last few years.

Is there such a thing as a Crash Bandicoot fanboy?

I never liked Crash all that much.
    And we should probably hope that Sega come up with a decent 3d game for their mascot before having a cross over of any type.
    That said, he's had some success in the Sonic&Mario Olympics tie-in's over the last few years.

Is there such a thing as a Crash Bandicoot fanboy?

I know a few peple who hav all d Crash games and say hes betr than soinc n Mario, they are incorect no one wil beat sonic

I have a feeling no one is going to win this current debate.
    I understand your attachment to the blue hedgehog but his series of games are simply no match to those of Mario.
    That did the first wave of Sonic titles on the Megadrive were incredible, sadly undone by the list of dreadful games launched since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love the 16 bit Sonic games but they have nothing on the mario series. Not many platformers can claim to come close though.

I love the 16 bit Sonic games but they have nothing on the mario series. Not many platformers can claim to come close though.

I lik Mario dont get me worng I just realy lik Soinc. Does anyone here lik knuckles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I dunno lads but I think that Bubsy is quite possibly superior to both Mario and Sonic.

Kidding aside, sonic 1 is one of my favourite games from my childhood. Never had a megadrive myself but the kid next door did but he was shoite at Sonic. I had an audience of about 15 lads from the neighbourhood watch me complete it in the sitting room with the curtains drawn. Most of them I wouldn't have even got on with but my Sonic skills was the bridge that linked us all on that faithful day.
    Sonic 2 I enjoyed as well but only because myself and my uncle could both play it together.
    Didn't really have any interest in Sonic after that and the next few games I played were my younger brother's awful stuff on the gamecube.
    Mario is and was a far superior series of games and I even liked Mario more. Sonic can go do one, with his sneakers and 'cool' attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh the sonic poster graced my wall for years.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I dunno lads but I think that Bubsy is quite possibly superior to both Mario and Sonic.

Kidding aside, sonic 1 is one of my favourite games from my childhood. Never had a megadrive myself but the kid next door did but he was shoite at Sonic. I had an audience of about 15 lads from the neighbourhood watch me complete it in the sitting room with the curtains drawn. Most of them I wouldn't have even got on with but my Sonic skills was the bridge that linked us all on that faithful day
    Sonic 2 I enjoyed as well but only because myself and my uncle could both play it together.
    Didn't really have any interest in Sonic after that and the next few games I played were my younger brother's awful stuff on the gamecube.
    Mario is and was a far superior series of games and I even liked Mario more. Sonic can go do one, with his sneakers and 'cool' attitude.

This sounds lik Stand buy me part too haha all we need is cory feldmun to play de part.
    Sonic wil not 'go do one' he is de best man he wold beat Mairo and Luig wit his hands tied behid his bak lol

Maybe so but he hasn't starred in a game that came close to mario and luigi's :P

Sonic is fundamentally a hard character to implement in 3d.
    Level exploration takes a back seat as he runs through the stages, making each level into a glorified quick time event.
    So they slow him down with some enemies and rails to ride but it still feels lightweight or, worse still, plain broken.

Mario had never been in a broken platformer.
    The worst of his 3d adventures, Sunshine, is better than the best of the 3d Sonic games, if not better than all others at the time.
    Crash, Spyro, Sly Raccoon, none of their games are as good as Sunshine but all of those efforts are, themselves better than any given 3d Sonic game.

Crash Bandicoot 3 is the only one I'd rate. 1 and 2 and really devoid of variety and get dull fast. Also depth is hard to judge in those games in the behind the character sections making jumping a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Crash Bandicoot 3 is the only one I'd rate. 1 and 2 and really devoid of variety and get dull fast. Also depth is hard to judge in those games in the behind the character sections making jumping a pain.

Sorting through all my games lately while moving house, and I discovered that I have pretty much all of Crash's PS1 games except for the second one. Now, I've never liked his stuff, so I'm not sure how they ended up in my collection. Girlfriendo noticed that I had Crash 3 though and so she's been playing it on and off for the last month or so. I'd never played that one before, but it's actually good craic. I was surprised (and a little sickened) when I actually found myself enjoying it.
    Still though, I wouldn't be going out of my way for a go of it.

• Advertisement

Guys if somone decidef to make a Soinc Hedghog movie who do u. Think wold do his voice?

Advertisement