Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man your pumps, Wetherspoons are coming

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Now stocking in Blackrock Killarney red from Brehon. Sabotage from Trouble Brewing and one of the Cotton Ball beers. I couldn't make out which one which one ...shoddy eyes...

Edit. They also have Tobys cider

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Now stocking in Blackrock Killarney red from Brehon. Sabotage from Trouble Brewing and one of the Cotton Ball beers. I couldn't make out which one which one ...shoddy eyes...

Edit. They also have Tobys cider

The 3 cotton ball are in Dun Laoghaire, so I went for the Stout, €5.50, FIVE FIFTY! Back to cask Ale for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

The 3 cotton ball are in Dun Laoghaire, so I went for the Stout, €5.50, FIVE FIFTY! Back to cask Ale for me

Christ, back to Cask is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

not sure if it was mentioned they pulled out of the proposed douglas location in cork too much red tape.

Wetherspoons 1 VFI 1 in Cork results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Havent been in 'spoons in a good few months, have they increased the prices as feared? Anyone got a pic of a recent drink menu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

not sure if it was mentioned they pulled out of the proposed douglas location in cork too much red tape.

Wetherspoons 1 VFI 1 in Cork results

Had a look there. PP has been withdrawn. Doesn't mean another application won't be submitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Prices gone up again on everything although think Bengali gone down 25c. Heineken has arrived from the UK 5% and €4.50

Cotton ball have 3 different beers in and one from Trouble. Crafty Dan in too

D15 one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Everything up 25c (I think) in Dun Laoghaire this week

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I see this year's guest ale for St.Patricks Day is O'Hara's Red (brewed at Everards Brewery, Leicester). Recipe is apparently slightly changed to make it more suited to cask serving. Looking forward to cheap pints of it anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

irish_goat wrote: »
    I see this year's guest ale for St.Patricks Day is O'Hara's Red (brewed at Everards Brewery, Leicester)

Seriously? Do Carlow outsource any of their other brewing? First I've ever heard of it.

• Advertisement

Not G.R wrote: »
    Seriously? Do Carlow outsource any of their other brewing? First I've ever heard of it.

It's a Wetherspoons thing. They "import" brewers from around the world to brew in England just for their real ale festival. Dungarvan and Adnams have teamed up in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

irish_goat wrote: »
    It's a Wetherspoons thing. They "import" brewers from around the world to brew in England just for their real ale festival. Dungarvan and Adnams have teamed up in previous years.

Ah! I never put two and two together. D'oh! Thanks! :]

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Full list of the Spring festival beers here [PDF]. I fancy that Thunder Road/Adnams one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Heineken 3.95 in the Three Tun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Heineken 3.95 in the Three Tun.

How much have prices gone up by in general in the Three Tun? It always used to be one price increase behind Dun Laoghaire (~25c-50c cheaper), is it still?

How much have prices gone up by in general in the Three Tun? It always used to be one price increase behind Dun Laoghaire (~25c-50c cheaper), is it still?

Most prices are the same. Some of the craft bottles are up .25 some stuff has gone down .25c. All the new stuff is alot pricer €5.50 for Trouble Brewing for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Blut2

Most prices are the same. Some of the craft bottles are up .25 some stuff has gone down .25c. All the new stuff is alot pricer €5.50 for Trouble Brewing for example.

Do they still have the 'manager specials' or whatnot at around €2.50? Paying €5.50 for a beer seems a bit wasteful in TTT. Might as well go to somewhere a bit nicer at that price.

They still have the €2.50 ales alright. In fact last time I was there one was € 2. I'd imagine they're just seeing what people will buy. The Heineken was going down a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

They still have the €2.50 ales alright. In fact last time I was there one was € 2. I'd imagine they're just seeing what people will buy. The Heineken was going down a treat.

So what was the whole row with Heineken ?
    Are they now purchasing Heineken for tuppence if they have it on offer in their pubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

D Trent wrote: »
    So what was the whole row with Heineken ?
    Are they now purchasing Heineken for tuppence if they have it on offer in their pubs?

Heiniken Ireland were charging something like 40% more per 50L keg than Heiniken UK. So they've just cut Heiniken Ireland out of the loop and are importing from their own UK stock, which is why it's 5% abv not 4.3%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,095 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Good.

We need more publicans to do this, to drive more competition.

Excise is lower in Ireland, yet wholesale beer is dearer, due to dominant firms / oligopoly / cartel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

BeerNut wrote: »
    Full list of the Spring festival beers here [PDF]. I fancy that Thunder Road/Adnams one.

And Titanic as well. High time I check out what the fuss is all about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Kat1170

And Titanic as well. High time I check out what the fuss is all about :)

If served on ice, is should go down nicely

Geuze wrote: »
    Good.

We need more publicans to do this, to drive more competition.

Excise is lower in Ireland, yet wholesale beer is dearer, due to dominant firms / oligopoly / cartel.
    / a customer base which doesn't have an upper limit on what it'll pay for a beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Anyone know if the Forty Foot in DL are still doing the "includes a drink" option with food where you could pick from a small number of beers, spirts+mixer etc for an extra €2? Or has that been dropped with the price increases?

The website has a drinks menu, and a food menu, but no prices and no mention of any deals (at least that I could find).

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Forty Foot in DL are still doing the "includes a drink" option with food where you could pick from a small number of beers, spirts+mixer etc for an extra €2?
    It's standard across the entire chain so I'd say they still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Forty Foot in DL are still doing the "includes a drink" option with food where you could pick from a small number of beers, spirts+mixer etc for an extra €2? Or has that been dropped with the price increases?

The website has a drinks menu, and a food menu, but no prices and no mention of any deals (at least that I could find).

Yes they do

Had a laugh yesterday in Spoons. There was a letter to Tim Martin in the Wetherspoons magazine a few weeks back asking for beer mats and then these showed up.

beermat.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Tim Martin's reason for not having them was pretty good - he fidgets with them and tears them up (and knows that others do too) and knows the extra cleaning work required as a result!

Pretty essential on a shiny table though.

• Advertisement

Especially when serving keg beers as cold as they do.

Advertisement