Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Limerick91 wrote: »
    I know I might get banned but I preferred Fiachna the past few weeks

:eek:

I will not not berate either of those gentlemen in future.

Lost the head a bit last night when I read the unctious comments but realise there is a huge fan base out there.

I was a bit ‘tapped’ and wish to apologise to all the fan bases of both artists.

Soz folk.
    No bother. It takes a bigger man to admit an error of judgement, Brendan.

Nothing wrong with a disagreement. Creedon won't be everyone's cup of tea. No problem there.

We are a bit protective about John, that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No bother. It takes a bigger man to admit an error of judgement, Brendan.

Nothing wrong with a disagreement. Creedon won't be everyone's cup of tea. No problem there.

We are a bit protective about John, that's all.

Nothing against the lad Ty, in fact quite like him.

It was just the intensity of the adoration of the man and the music which must be available on numerous platforms, on demand , that stirred my interest.....like the third coming of a serious deity.... .Well ..plus a half dozen cans of strong Czech lager....

Anyway.... John is a good guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Two from Mott :cool:

35 years since ‘Rum, Sodomy And The Lash’! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Not too many would give Gene Pitney an airing now. Great voice. Not sure that the cover of Summer Wine is the best that I've heard!!

Ah, Summer Wine; but I must admit, I prefer Nancy Sinatra

35 years since ‘Rum, Sodomy And The Lash’! :eek:

I heard it described as, “Rum, bum and sun”. :D

With Lee Hazelwood. Lana Del Rey does a great version

Quite apart from the fact that I find John Creedon easy to listen to, accent/timbre/you-know-what-I-mean, he does play an amazing, eclectic mix of music which is, to me, either evocative of the past, imaginative or simply new to me. Go John, go!

• Advertisement

Quite apart from the fact that I find John Creedon easy to listen to, accent/timbre/you-know-what-I-mean, he does play an amazing, eclectic mix of music which is, to me, either evocative of the past, imaginative or simply new to me. Go John, go!

Reminds me a bit of the 1980's film the Fog. Jamie Lee Curtis was dj'ing a radio station from the top of a lighthouse. Set a great mood!!!!

Mav11 wrote: »
    Reminds me a bit of the 1980's film the Fog. Jamie Lee Curtis was dj'ing a radio station from the top of a lighthouse. Set a great mood!!!!

Doesn’t Philip King not do that on ‘The South Wind Blows’? :D

Doesn’t Philip King not do that on ‘The South Wind Blows’? :D

Had to google that.:) I think you're right, tip of the Dingle peninsula .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Mav11 wrote: »
    Not too many would give Gene Pitney an airing now. Great voice. Not sure that the cover of Summer Wine is the best that I've heard!!

Ages ago he played Gene and I dropped him a quick email, saying that I heard him once described as a poor man's Roy Orbison. It drew out one of those long informative links discussing same that makes this show that bit better than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did anyone catch the piano solo last night? Before the Pogues trio. Wondering what's it called and who recorded it. It blended into a jazz song. I missed the credits.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did anyone catch the piano solo last night? Before the Pogues trio. Wondering what's it called and who recorded it. It blended into a jazz song. I missed the credits.

‘Willow Weep For Me’ by Thelonious Monk :)

sligojoek wrote: »

If you miss the credits, the playlists are published here:

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/john-creedon/programmes/2020/0805/1157575-john-creedon-wednesday-5-august-2020/?clipid=103465430#103465430

Saint Etienne, Motorhead, Steel Pulse...

Good man, John :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Saint Etienne, Motorhead, Steel Pulse...

Good man, John :D

Mattiel, John Cooper Clarke ....

Did Marianne Faithfull have a Mars Bar to go with her ‘Black Coffee’?

:eek: :pac:

• Advertisement

OYE COMO VA! :)

VagueFrayedHog-small.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I've got John's Number, written on the back on my hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

John again plays a song from the Northern Exposure soundtrack. Good enough for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

John again plays a song from the Northern Exposure soundtrack. Good enough for me. :)

A TV show I have always wondered about the lack of repeats of?

NIMAN wrote: »
    A TV show I have always wondered about the lack of repeats of?

Curious alright. TG4 showed it about 20 years ago but that's about it. Thankfully I have DVD & Blu Ray boxsets.

Don't normally listen to the radio after 7pm but I happened to be driving one night and heard some guy (John Creedon) playing a few tracks from, and talking about his fondness for, Northern Exposure. Since then I try to catch a bit of his show each evening.

Curious alright. TG4 showed it about 20 years ago but that's about it. Thankfully I have DVD & Blu Ray boxsets.

Don't normally listen to the radio after 7pm but I happened to be driving one night and heard some guy (John Creedon) playing a few tracks from, and talking about his fondness for, Northern Exposure. Since then I try to catch a bit of his show each evening.

It’s a nicely addictive show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,991 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I could only ever find Series 1 at a decent price.

Has it aged well? Now that many of us are in the habit of sitting and watching an episode of a box set each night, wondering would Northern Exposure be one worth starting again?

It has always, by a long shot, been my favourite show. I think it has, for the most part, aged well given that it was so oddball, quirky and set in the middle of nowhere.

Some NoEx box sets do not have the original broadcast music and should be avoided.

Two from Miss Armatrading!

Good man, John :)

• Advertisement

‘Letter From America’! :)

AH YEAH!

Advertisement