Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

nerd69 wrote: »
    im the same exam on friday so i may have a few but cant go anywhere unfortunately unfortunately

how long does it last iv been watching it for about 10 years now and i can never remember

Starts at 1am and can't remember how long it takes but I guess 2/3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

im the same exam on friday so i may have a few but cant go anywhere unfortunately unfortunately

how long does it last iv been watching it for about 10 years now and i can never remember

Good luck with your exam mate. It'll run until about 4:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Steve Smith - Ice Ice Baby

HigginsJ wrote: »
    1st time I'm going to have company watching the draft as my 6 week old son plans to stay up for it ;) Nappy change will surely be required when Giants are on the clock!!!! Working Friday morning but used to no sleep at this point

Ah, congratulations mate :) I remember last year when you really didn't want Justin Pugh. The Giants pick.......Justin Pugh. I'm sure you'll end up waking the baby if something similar happens this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Paully D wrote: »
    Good luck with your exam mate. It'll run until about 4:30am.

cheers man. well passed the subject already so il def be staying up anyway

• Advertisement

Congrats Higgins!

HigginsJ wrote: »
    1st time I'm going to have company watching the draft as my 6 week old son plans to stay up for it ;) Nappy change will surely be required when Giants are on the clock!!!! Working Friday morning but used to no sleep at this point

congrats man with a 6 week old i suppose you would be up anyway hell be making sure you dont dose off:D

Ah, congratulations mate :) I remember last year when you really didn't want Justin Pugh. The Giants pick.......Justin Pugh. I'm sure you'll end up waking the baby if something similar happens this year :pac:

that was a weird pick mayock started reporting it that day but i dont think anyone had him in the first round until draft day

Knex. wrote: »
    Congrats Higgins!
    congrats man with a 6 week old i suppose you would be up anyway hell be making sure you dont dose off:D

Pugh was an odd one as he really wasn't someone I had heard of or considered, that being said he has been outstanding and I think he will only continue to get better. Zach Martin will annoy me if he is the pick this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Paully, being the current draft guru/nerd!, any chance of digging up those top 5 mock drafters again? I assume theyve all done ones at this stage?

• Advertisement

apparently the texans want 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder for the no1 over all not a hope they get that they seem to forget clowneys not a qb looks like jj watt and clowney are going to be on the same team next year wouldnt fancy playing them

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Paully, being the current draft guru/nerd!, any chance of digging up those top 5 mock drafters again? I assume theyve all done ones at this stage?

Majority of them waiting until tomorrow mate but Standig's is here - http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2014/2014-nfl-mock-draft.cfm?writer=10

McGinn's isn't out until tomorrow morning. Boris is usually the same although there was some talk that he moved jobs so may not be doing it any more, I'm unsure if that's true though. Kadar hasn't put one together since near the end of April so I'm guessing he'll be tomorrow as well and Kiper's is being updated in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Legend cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Going to miss the first round aswell due to work early on Friday. 12 hour shift too so no chance of just battling the tiredness for the day.

What time does day 2 picks begin at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Finally...

Draft-Day.jpg

Happy Draft day!

I'll stay up till at least the Giants pick at 12, me thinks, and see from there.

Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Enjoy lads, be back Sat morning. Fair play to those watching with work tomorrow - hardcore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Fair play to those watching with work tomorrow - hardcore!

The wise football fans booked Friday off work a long time ago :cool:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The wise football fans booked Friday off work a long time ago :cool:

I'd probably have done the same myself but unfortunately there is no day or night off from our twin baby girls. Respect to HigginsJ though - i'd be sleeping every opportunity i could.

Right need to unfollow this now and not get tempted by staying up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Mock I did up last night:

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina
    2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson - OT - Auburn
    3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A&M
    4. Cleveland Browns - Sammy Watkins - WR - Clemson
    5. Oakland Raiders - Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo
    6. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews - OT - Texas A&M
    7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Aaron Donald - DT - Pittsburgh
    8. Minnesota Vikings - HaHa Clinton Dix - S - Alabama
    9. Buffalo Bills - Zach Martin - OG/OT - Notre Dame
    10. Detroit Lions - Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M
    11. Tennessee Titans - Anthony Barr - OLB - UCLA
    12. New York Giants - Eric Ebron - TE - UNC
    13. St. Louis Rams - Justin Gilbert - CB - Oregon State
    14. Chicago Bears - Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech
    15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Odell Beckham Jr - WR - LSU
    16. Dallas Cowboys - Taylor Lewan - OT - Michigan
    17. Baltimore Ravens - Calvin Pryor - S - Louisville
    18. New York Jets - Darqeuze Dennard - CB - Michigan State
    19. Miami Dolphins - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama
    20. Arizona Cardinals - Blake Bortles - QB - UCF
    21. Green Bay Packers - Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State
    22. Philadelphia Eagles - Brandin Cooks - WR - Oregon State
    23. Kansas City Chiefs - Marqise Lee - WR - USC
    24. Cincinnati Bengals - Teddy Bridgewater - QB - Louisville
    25. San Diego Chargers - Louis Nix - NT - Notre Dame
    26. Cleveland Browns - Bradley Roby - CB - Ohio State
    27. New Orleans Saints - Dee Ford - DE/OLB - Auburn
    28. Carolina Panthers - Morgan Moses - OT - Virginia
    29. New England Patriots - Rashede Hageman - DT - Minnesota
    30. San Francisco 49ers - Jason Verrett - CB - TCU
    31. Denver Broncos - CJ Mosley - LB - Alabama
    32. Seattle Seahawks - Xavier Su'a-Filo - OG - UCLA

I really like the Manziel to the Jags move personally. There hasn't been talk of the Jags not taking a QB but I'm thinking it could be a smokescreen. Possibly the most irrelevant team in American sport, bringing in Johnny Football and all the publicity that comes with it is a no-brainer for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

If you thought Clowney's college tape is great look at his high school tape, it's just insane. He just towers above everyone else on the field!

If you don't have time to watch it all, just watch the first play in, he's like a rabid dog to say the least! :D

4:37 in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If the rumours regarding the Eagles trading up to get Watkins dont materialise, i would love them to get Odell Beckham, really think this guy is gonna be a Star.

Who do you think is most likely to be looking for a trade? Wouldn't surprise me if Tampa tried to move up and swap with Jags or Raiders in order to take Manziel, for example, if he was still on the board.

As a Giants fan, I really won't be able to guess with any confidence as to what way we pick until I see the way the first 10 pan out.

Probably, either Donald or Martin, judging by the noises. Obviously if someone like Mike Evans or Jake Matthews were still on the board, I think we'd go for them, but I doubt that they will be.

Still think Lovie will get his way and get Donald.

I think the Ravens will trade down, probably with the 49ers, but I hope not. If that sort of trade happens it will probably be for Beckham Jr, and I'd rather we took him ourselves. In any case, one of Ebron, Lewan, Beckham Jr, Dix, Pryor or Ward will be there and I'd be more than happy to take any of them at #17.

Though in fairness it's very hard to be critical of anything the Ravens do at draft time given their record and if we trade down and somehow land one of the above (it would likely be Ward at that slot) then I will be delighted. They're the main guys I want.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What time is the number one pick at? Gonna have to stay in the library until then to make up for the late night ahead!

kennyb3 wrote: »
    4:37 in :pac:

Very similiar to his play in the Outback Bowl (but slightly less violent)
    What time is the number one pick at? Gonna have to stay in the library until then to make up for the late night ahead!

Texans will be on the clock at 1am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Ebron to Buffalo and Donald to the Giants would be my early predictions.

Advertisement