Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

mikemac1 wrote: »
    There's a NFL Network version of that also

Down a shot everytime Mayock says "heavy legged waist bender" was one

I would imagine there was a "punters are people to "

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

This guy could be worth drafting....

7BNxgN.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This years new 'read option'. Throw option.

indeed the quadruple option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Looking at the odds on Paddypower do you guys think Clowney is as big a show in (4/9 fav) as they think he is? I think he probably might be the most talented and best physical specimen in th draft but with a 3-4 defense does he even fit the Texans?

Also one thing i would love to see would be Manziel somehow go to the Raiders. That would be some instant hit, he'd bring the crowds there big time, be very fun to see that. Doubt it will happen though with the Raiders having Pryor now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pryor was traded to the Seahawks.

Manziel to the Raiders? Certainly possible, not sure it would be a great fit for him though.

Was he traded yeah? Must have missed that -- perfect opportunity now :-)

Ah I know it prob wouldn't be the greatest fit but for purely a "fun" aspect I think it would be brilliant if it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

It'll never happen but as a Cowboys fan i hope we move heaven and earth to get Manziel to Cowboys Stadium...

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Looking at the odds on Paddypower do you guys think Clowney is as big a show in (4/9 fav) as they think he is? I think he probably might be the most talented and best physical specimen in th draft but with a 3-4 defense does he even fit the Texans?

Also one thing i would love to see would be Manziel somehow go to the Raiders. That would be some instant hit, he'd bring the crowds there big time, be very fun to see that. Doubt it will happen though with the Raiders having Pryor now.

has to be clowney at this stage if the texans stay at one the only other option is Bridgewater but they could probably trade back to mid first at this stage

brinty wrote: »
    It'll never happen but as a Cowboys fan i hope we move heaven and earth to get Manziel to Cowboys Stadium...

as an eagles fan id be happy if you did as well :D

• Advertisement

nerd69 wrote: »
    as an eagles fan id be happy if you did as well :D

Haha. I actually think he'll be a hit in the NFL. I know a lot of dual purpose quarterbacks have come a cropper (Tebow being the big one) but the number he put up in the tough SEC were seriously impressive. he wasn't just totting them up in the MAC or anything. He went into Alabama and put up unheard of numbers.

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Haha. I actually think he'll be a hit in the NFL. I know a lot of dual purpose quarterbacks have come a cropper (Tebow being the big one) but the number he put up in the tough SEC were seriously impressive. he wasn't just totting them up in the MAC or anything. He went into Alabama and put up unheard of numbers.

i think he has the potential to be very good but i think he has to sit for a year or so to try to improve a few things and the hype around him (and jerry jones interfering) wont allow that.

he has issues that need ironing out and if he starts day one i think he gets killed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Get your mocks up by the way lads! The more the merrier and we can see who gets closest on the day. I'll revise mine before Thursday night. Link to create your own is below, and if you somehow predict them all right the NFL puts you in a draw for a chance to attend the kickoff game:

http://predictpick.nfl.com/?icampaign=hp_hottopic_predictpick_picknow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Really good article from Chris B. Brown over on Grantland (who, imo, is probably the best writer out there currently). On the debate of Bortles vs Bridgewater vs Manziel.

Seahawks brochure that they give to agents of players that they want to sign as UDFA's. There's some nice statistics in there about which teams play their UDFA's the most in preseason, which teams move on failed draft picks the quickest, which teams have most of their players claimed off waivers etc:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/photo/2014/05/06/0ap2000000347146.pdf

In other news, Jay Glazer says the Browns are definitely not taking Manziel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

My hastily thrown together mock draft. If I'm honest I think the Rams might trade back with one of their picks, the Bucs or Vikes could trade up.

Edit: And then you manage to break my heart and ruin hours upon hours of work with this news Paully! :pac:
    Paully D wrote: »
    In other news, Jay Glazer says the Browns are definitely not taking Manziel.

alb8.jpg

My hastily thrown together mock draft. If I'm honest I think the Rams might trade back with one of their picks, the Bucs or Vikes could trade up.

Edit: And then you manage to break my heart and ruin hours upon hours of work with this news Paully! :pac:

alb8.jpg

Nice mock mate. I had him in at #4 to the Browns too. Spent about four hours just compiling the list and reasoning on Friday night and was fully convinced the Browns would take him until Glazer said that :pac: Oh well, the hard work is done now I guess, revising it far less time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Kiper and McShay both have him at 4, and I think Mayock has mentioned it also. I's still say it has a big chance of happening

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Kiper and McShay both have him at 4, and I think Mayock has mentioned it also. I's still say it has a big chance of happening

I think they all release one final mock either tomorrow or Thursday morning which will be interesting.

2 more sleeps now lads, it's better than Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Mack won't drop to seven.

• Advertisement

how did you link it

i think he has the potential to be very good but i think he has to sit for a year or so to try to improve a few things and the hype around him (and jerry jones interfering) wont allow that.

he has issues that need ironing out and if he starts day one i think he gets killed

Ah yeah he has a lot of issues that need ironing out alright and he will get killed if he starts Day 1 but what rookie QB wasnt? Even in his successful year as a rookie Big Ben was basically babysitting the offence. Other guys like the Mannings etc were sacked non stop their first year. Ryan and Luck while making a tonne of mistakes were probably the most successful in terms of passing and Newton to a lesser extent.

I do agree that the number one thing holding him back will be the hype that he generates esp if he heads to the Cowboys. I hope he is successful though as the NFL needs a few characters like him I think.

Seen a few reports from reputable writers that suggested the Cowboys just want people to think they might take him at #16 so someone may trade up to get him and they'll accumulate more picks.

Paully D wrote: »
    Seen a few reports from reputable writers that suggested the Cowboys just want people to think they might take him at #16 so someone may trade up to get him and they'll accumulate more picks.

They certainly could do with them. Looking by far the worst team in NFC East, and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭countbezukov

Knex. wrote: »
    They certainly could do with them. Looking by far the worst team in NFC East, and that's saying something.

whys it saying something the skins and the eagles look like they could be two of the better teams in the league next year :confused:

whys it saying something the skins and the eagles look like they could be two of the better teams in the league next year :confused:

Because they look far worse off than the Giants, who's issues are well documented. NFC East is a mixed bag and fairly unpredictable right now, but I would be very confident that they Cowboys won't win the division. You can't say that with certainty for any other team.

Also, big stretch for me to say Eagles and Skins will be two of the best in the league. They won't even be the two best in the Conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Have had a small bet on Kyle Fuller first CB @ 66/1

Pity there is no chance to lay off, into 5/1 now and still listed as Mayocks 1st CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Texans are going to take Clowney and then get Bridgewater at the start of the second!

Balls

• Advertisement

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Texans are going to take Clowney and then get Bridgewater at the start of the second!

Balls

not a hope bridgewater is there in the second if he drops to late first someone will trade up for him or the browns will take him with the colts first rounder

Advertisement