Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Lads, as a fairly casual Vikings fan (in that I watch the games online or when they appear on ESPN) I wanted to cling to the hope that we might improve a little this year.

Anything in this draft for me to cling too? Haven't been following it too closely.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,862 ✭✭✭nerd69

I am pie wrote: »
    Lads, as a fairly casual Vikings fan (in that I watch the games online or when they appear on ESPN) I wanted to cling to the hope that we might improve a little this year.

Anything in this draft for me to cling too? Haven't been following it too closely.

if ye grab teddy bridgewater in the first ye may be a playoff team immediately ye have good pieces around simularly to the browns a good qb and yere suddenly a very different proposition

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Knex. wrote: »
    Yeah, but compare that to say, the Giants. If Cruz goes down, we're ****ed! :pac:

You have Manningham Randle Jernigan and Cruz, what more do ye need ;)

You have Manningham Randle Jernigan and Cruz, what more do ye need ;)

a qb that prefers throwing tds to picks boooooooooooooooom :D

nerd69 wrote: »

I was going to say that but taugh that would've been to low.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

no doubt it'd be lovely to grab one of the stud reviecers in this draft to replace jackson but compared to our defense its farrrrrrrrrrr from a need

bill davis did an incredible job with that defense last year but he needs help or we wont be going anywhere

23rd rush defense
    32nd pass defense

Allen should improve again, Jenkins is a nice add. Need a corner though.

I was going to say that but taugh that would've been to low.

its never to low for me buddy :D
    glued wrote: »
    23rd rush defense
    32nd pass defense

Allen should improve again, Jenkins is a nice add. Need a corner though.

dont think allen will start if earl wolff stays healthy but he will be a handy backup iv herd rumors of haha clinton dix dropping i wouldnt mind him although taking an alabama defender may be dodgy he looks legit wouldnt mind pryor either

edit: also apparently haha has issued a "come and get me" to the eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I am pie wrote: »

I'd expect big improvements. Robbed us (well, Reese pretty much packaged and delivered to ye) of Joseph, who is a quality DT and ye made some nice additions in last years draft that should improve again.

I'd be scared if Vikings took, say, Bridgewater in the first, but likelihood is that they won't. His slide is a little odd, to say the least.

Vikings have a good core group of players really. Quarterback is obviously the glaring need. Not sure how ye are set at corner either though.

Bastards! :pac:

5GyYn46.jpg

2252c84d66dab8b36140ed4bb31e8c41172f912b671758f8086c0ccd3132589a.jpg

• Advertisement

look what sanchez bought im not gona lie butt fumble is growing on me

http://i.imgur.com/t8gipbt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone think Jimmie Ward could fall to the bottom of the second? Really would love to get him but afraid there is too many teams going after a safety.

Personally I would be shocked. I feel he goes at the bottom of the first or early tomorrow. Cracking prospect IMO.

Gotta love Twitter:

Lads saying that Eagles might trade Foles to the Texans and Draft Manziel :cool:

Kelvin Benjamin and Clinton Dix also on the Eagles radar

Gotta love Twitter:

Lads saying that Eagles might trade Foles to the Texans and Draft Manziel :cool:

Kelvin Benjamin and Clinton Dix also on the Eagles radar

i don't think i want benjamin unless he falls to us in the second

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Paully D wrote: »
    Personally I would be shocked. I feel he goes at the bottom of the first or early tomorrow. Cracking prospect IMO.

Agreed, think he could turn out to be the best safety in this class even if he is a little undersized. After him, Ha Ha and Pryor, i really dont like any other safety in this draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just a heads up lads, La Canfora will be tweeting picks before they're announced so you might want to unfollow him for the night if you don't want them spoiled.

The ESPN and NFLN guys have agreed not to, but I'm sure there will be others from say CBS and Fox that will do it, people like Pete Prisco would be a good shout.

i don't think i want benjamin unless he falls to us in the second

Same here, if we do go for a WR, i'd prefer it to be Beckham, i just see Big things with this guy depending on the offense he ends up in

Same here, if we do go for a WR, i'd prefer it to be Beckham, i just see Big things with this guy depending on the offense he ends up in

i wouldnt be fuming with beckham but i dont think he will last to 22 an if we trade up for a reciever after cutting jackson il be unhappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just a heads up lads, La Canfora will be tweeting picks before they're announced so you might want to unfollow him for the night if you don't want them spoiled.

The ESPN and NFLN guys have agreed not to, but I'm sure there will be others from say CBS and Fox that will do it, people like Pete Prisco would be a good shout.

If you are in here on Boards tonight, people will start tipping them too.

I'm undecided whether i want to know before its announced on TV or not. If they do then its the same as previous years but i presume others have stronger feelings on it. I enjoy the banter in here for the draft so it'd be a shame if people were avoiding the forum for that reason.

What do you guys think? Should we ban people from tipping the picks before they are announced in here?

Doesn't Mayock do it every year? Just before the pick is announced Mayock 'predicts' who the team is going to pick.

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    If you are in here on Boards tonight, people will start tipping them too.

I'm undecided whether i want to know before its announced on TV or not. If they do then its the same as previous years but i presume others have stronger feelings on it. I enjoy the banter in here for the draft so it'd be a shame if people were avoiding the forum for that reason.

What do you guys think? Should we ban people from tipping the picks before they are announced in here?

they cant really ban people for that can they?

im just not going to refresh the page for a few mins before each pick. i wont be avoiding here as i like seeing the different (more educated) reactions to the picks on here as opposed to other sites that tend to be lots of "booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" posts

glued wrote: »
    Doesn't Mayock do it every year? Just before the pick is announced Mayock 'predicts' who the team is going to pick.

they've only done it for one year and it was eisen brought in the no spoiling thing so hopefully he will have a word

i wont be avoiding here as i like seeing the different (more educated) reactions to the picks on here as opposed to other sites that tend to be lots of "booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" posts

Like the one from you when the Eagles trade Foles to the Texans and then draft Manziel ;)

Good programmes on Sky Sports at the minute if anybody is interested, they are showing the best Draft Busts, Classes, Steals and Trades til 6pm

Like the one from you when the Eagles trade Foles to the Texans and then draft Manziel ;)

:D never said my posts where educated

Mayock's Mock Draft

Not sure what to make of that, tbh. Manziel to Cowboys for a start, and then the likes of Donald going quite late.

Knex. wrote: »
    Mayock's Mock Draft

Not sure what to make of that, tbh. Manziel to Cowboys for a start, and then the likes of Donald going quite late.

id agree with you but iv learned against criticizing mayock i went all out against his pugh to the giants last year :(

on another note we get haha good days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

This is the best I can come up with. Just can't fit Manziel in anywhere, but I'm fully expecting a trade for him anyway and I didn't want to do any trades. If I'd kept going, I'd have had him and Carr going in the next few picks at the start of the 2nd round.

Q8gdoah.png

2CY7Dlv.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Raf32 wrote: »
    Agreed, think he could turn out to be the best safety in this class even if he is a little undersized. After him, Ha Ha and Pryor, i really dont like any other safety in this draft.

I couldnt agree more on this. Outside of these 3 the rest are late rounders at best.

I cooled a bit on pryor when he measured in 3 inches shorter than his listed at the combine, but I have come back onside and I would have him ahead of HaHa

Advertisement