Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 NFL Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

nerd69 wrote: »
    not a hope bridgewater is there in the second if he drops to late first someone will trade up for him or the browns will take him with the colts first rounder

Unless us Bolts trade our 25 spot to a team wanting to jump in ahead of Cleveland at 26, here's hoping!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭nerd69

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Unless us Bolts trade our 25 spot to a team wanting to jump in ahead of Cleveland at 26, here's hoping!!.

i think if he does as soon as he gets to about 13 people will start calling about trading back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

whys it saying something the skins and the eagles look like they could be two of the better teams in the league next year :confused:

Eagles have gone backwards losing DeSean and Foles is still a big question mark. The Skins gave up last year. I don't think many teams will fear playing them next season.

I'm predicting the Eagles to slide this year. They lost against all the decent sides last year; Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints.

A lot of people overrating Foles and the Eagles at the minute and same can be said for the Skins too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

not a hope bridgewater is there in the second if he drops to late first someone will trade up for him or the browns will take him with the colts first rounder

Theres a great chance he falls into the second judging by reports. Carr is a strong favourite to be taken ahead of him

glued wrote: »
    Eagles have gone backwards losing DeSean and Foles is still a big question mark. The Skins gave up last year. I don't think many teams will fear playing them next season.

I'm predicting the Eagles to slide this year. They lost against all the decent sides last year; Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Saints.

A lot of people overrating Foles and the Eagles at the minute and same can be said for the Skins too.

the eagles have lost desean on offense but got maclin back and brought in sproles also i think ertz will be one of the better receiving tight ends in the league this year. i agree that people are overrating foles he wont do what he did last year again but hes a reliable qb and i think we have a more rounded group of receivers this year and with a good draft and an extra year in the defense that side should improve.
    also bar the saints loss the rest of them where all in the first 4 games of a new regime after that they wend 9-3

with regards the skins there getting a few big names back on defense and suddenly have a very dangerous receiving corp. there key is rg3 (i dont think he will come back the same) if he comes back the same

its to soon to say anything before the draft but i think the eagles will make the playoffs again (although im massively biased) and i think the skins could get a wildcard spot
    Hulk Hands wrote: »
    Theres a great chance he falls into the second judging by reports. Carr is a strong favourite to be taken ahead of him

i cant see him dropping that far even if carr goes ahead of him i still think he will go i think its all posturing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I don't know! A lot of talk saying that he could! Or maybe that's a smokescreen! Who knows! I wish this draft was over already!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    I don't know! A lot of talk saying that he could! Or maybe that's a smokescreen! Who knows! I wish this draft was over already!

its probably one of the tougher ones to predict in years im delighted there not forecasting picks should be a lot of surprises this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Tonight or tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Really good article from Chris B. Brown over on Grantland (who, imo, is probably the best writer out there currently). On the debate of Bortles vs Bridgewater vs Manziel.

Good article. The Manziel decision is pretty fascinating. While, as a fan I'm looking forward to seeing him, as a GM I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to pull the trigger. Reading the article, I'd probably go with Bridgewater. On a rookie salary scale you don't really need them to be brilliant, just need them to be not terrible to give yourself a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tonight or tomorrow night?

Tomorrow night unfortunately. Still another day to wait :(

• Advertisement

nfl network analysts have a mock draft on the front page of nfl.com (they have a group of "experts" each with 2 or 3 teams to pick) some of the decisions are questionable but its great for getting you in a mood for the draft and if you play the vid for the first pick it plays through all of the vids in order.

As long as the Browns don't take Bridgewater, I'm happy. If they get him and a good WR the AFC North becomes a whole lot tougher.

Paully D wrote: »
    As long as the Browns don't take Bridgewater, I'm happy. If they get him and a good WR the AFC North becomes a whole lot tougher.

id love to see it the browns have some of the best fans in the nfl and they've consistently sucked itd be nice to give them something

I think this just about sums it all up at this stage:

BnDFmSQCMAEPKyv.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I have a lot of DBs going between picks 10 and 20. Anywhere between 4 and 7. Just between needs, visits, workouts, BPA etc. The unlikelihood of it is making it hard to a mock though :(

I have a lot of DBs going between picks 10 and 20. Anywhere between 4 and 7. Just between needs, visits, workouts, BPA etc. The unlikelihood of it is making it hard to a mock though :(

i had that with recievers and dbs

the eagles have lost desean on offense but got maclin back and brought in sproles also i think ertz will be one of the better receiving tight ends in the league this year. i agree that people are overrating foles he wont do what he did last year again but hes a reliable qb and i think we have a more rounded group of receivers this year and with a good draft and an extra year in the defense that side should improve.
    also bar the saints loss the rest of them where all in the first 4 games of a new regime after that they wend 9-3

with regards the skins there getting a few big names back on defense and suddenly have a very dangerous receiving corp. there key is rg3 (i dont think he will come back the same) if he comes back the same

its to soon to say anything before the draft but i think the eagles will make the playoffs again (although im massively biased) and i think the skins could get a wildcard spot

I'm not DeSean Jackson's biggest fan but the Eagles are losing a very productive receiver. He's a huge loss for the Eagles and particularly Chip Kelly's system who wants to stretch the field. Maclin hasn't shown the same ability and has to be a huge injury concern considering that knee was already dodgy coming out of college.

I like Ertz but a lot of people are overrating him. You have a lot of people suggesting that he's really going to 'break out' next season but as usual it's flavour of the month hyperbole in the NFL.

Foles for me was probably the luckiest QB in the NFL last season. He got off so many times throwing wobblers. As Chip looks to expand his offence I think the worse Foles will get. Let's see how he deals with adversity because I don't think he's anywhere near the player his stats suggest that he is.

With the Skins as you said it's all on RGIII. Nobody bothered with the Redskins until DeSean came into the building. Now all of a sudden they're going to terrorize the NFC East. I don't buy it. Also production on one team doesn't necessarily translate to another team. I'm also not sure of RGIII how RGIII is going to last because he seems to have the wrong attitude and just doesn't look durable at the minute.

You could have a situation in the NFC East where all four QB's could be out of a job come December.

Also outside of the NFC East who did the Eagles beat last year?

They lost all their big games Saints, Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs. They beat a lot of poor teams; Bucs (4-12), Raiders (4-12), Packers (without Rodgers)... excluding the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins. They lost all of their games against the better teams (Chargers, Chiefs, Saints and Broncos) and out of their other games they hammered the Bears and beat the Cards by 3. Lots of people were excited to see this new offence under Chip Kelly and the Eagles seem to be everybody's dark horse for next season. Everybody expects them to do better and go deeper into the play-offs. I don't. They have a much harder schedule this year and I can't see them winning 8/9 games.

I'm guessing by the end of the off=season the dynasty talk will be back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

With a monster draft the Eagles may challenge in the NFC. They're behind San Fran, Seattle, Green Bay and New Orleans now though and by quite a bit I think.

It would be nigh on a miracle for the Redskins to make that ground up. They were an abomination last year, and it extended far beyond RGIII's struggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

You could have a situation in the NFC East where all four QB's could be out of a job come December.

RGIII is locked in for the next few years at least (barring injury of course)

You obviously would be more clued in to the Foles situation than me so I will bow to you here.

Poor aul Tony Romo will have a great statistical season with 4/5 awful game defining mistakes. I still think he is set at QB for the Cowgirls for another few years (the Manziel to Cowboys would be fantastic if true but not happening) if the Cowboys can't sort there D-Line & pass rush in the draft I think they will win the NFC East as Romo is consistently the best QB in the division.

I am fairly concerned by the Giants. As it stands right now Eli has Victor Cruz and a bunch of could be's & nobodies to throw the ball to. If he fails Coughlin & Jerry Reese will fall 1st. I think our o-line is more than good enough if we can get a top notch TE and a decent WR to add to what's there. The RB's should (by default) be better this year than last.

HigginsJ wrote: »

You obviously would be more clued in to the Foles situation than me so I will bow to you here.

Poor aul Tony Romo will have a great statistical season with 4/5 awful game defining mistakes. I still think he is set at QB for the Cowgirls for another few years (the Manziel to Cowboys would be fantastic if true but not happening) if the Cowboys can't sort there D-Line & pass rush in the draft I think they will win the NFC East as Romo is consistently the best QB in the division.

I am fairly concerned by the Giants. As it stands right now Eli has Victor Cruz and a bunch of could be's & nobodies to throw the ball to. If he fails Coughlin & Jerry Reese will fall 1st. I think our o-line is more than good enough if we can get a top notch TE and a decent WR to add to what's there. The RB's should (by default) be better this year than last.

Giants have a huge problem next year. No option on the perimeter, all they have is Cruz in the slot. No big body to throw to in the middle and nobody outside. No run game either. I'm not confident; Add to that losing Joesph was a stupid decision and what JPP is going to show up next season; the one that was bullied by Tyron Smith or the beast that he has the potential to be? The secondary looks very good though. The most important question is which Eli shows up?

Too many changes and questions about the Giants to really evaluate them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Romo will need to be a man possessed- that roster is abysmal.

Outside Hatcher who's gone and Lee, who's a crock, their defense was phenomenally bad.

I'm not DeSean Jackson's biggest fan but the Eagles are losing a very productive receiver. He's a huge loss for the Eagles and particularly Chip Kelly's system who wants to stretch the field. Maclin hasn't shown the same ability and has to be a huge injury concern considering that knee was already dodgy coming out of college.

I like Ertz but a lot of people are overrating him. You have a lot of people suggesting that he's really going to 'break out' next season but as usual it's flavour of the month hyperbole in the NFL.

Foles for me was probably the luckiest QB in the NFL last season. He got off so many times throwing wobblers. As Chip looks to expand his offence I think the worse Foles will get. Let's see how he deals with adversity because I don't think he's anywhere near the player his stats suggest that he is.

With the Skins as you said it's all on RGIII. Nobody bothered with the Redskins until DeSean came into the building. Now all of a sudden they're going to terrorize the NFC East. I don't buy it. Also production on one team doesn't necessarily translate to another team. I'm also not sure of RGIII how RGIII is going to last because he seems to have the wrong attitude and just doesn't look durable at the minute.

Also outside of the NFC East who did the Eagles beat last year?

They lost all their big games Saints, Broncos, Chargers and Chiefs. They beat a lot of poor teams; Bucs (4-12), Raiders (4-12), Packers (without Rodgers)... excluding the Giants, Cowboys and Redskins. They lost all of their games against the better teams (Chargers, Chiefs, Saints and Broncos) and out of their other games they hammered the Bears and beat the Cards by 3. Lots of people were excited to see this new offence under Chip Kelly and the Eagles seem to be everybody's dark horse for next season. Everybody expects them to do better and go deeper into the play-offs. I don't. They have a much harder schedule this year and I can't see them winning 8/9 games.

I'm guessing by the end of the off=season the dynasty talk will be back again.

i guess we will have to wait and see i do think ertz will break out (he just got better and better as the season went on after a few drops to start the year) but its a wait and see, foles is the same i agree he threw a few wobblers and i saw a few defensive backs drop picks in the cards game he actually threw a terrible pick and it was brought back for holding i think. i think he will be a very good qb not a superstar but he has a hell of a lot of weapons around him even with desean gone.

with regards there schedule last year its hard to argue with the fact that they only beat soso teams but i wouldnt pay much attention to the losses the offense was finding itself you cant see it changed a lot after the denver game and vick started all them games.

we will just have to see your right though there schedule is a lot tougher this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Watching NFL Network and Heath Evans unsure why Bridgewater will be a bust, he just has a physic feeling telling him so

I watched this show for analysis :/

HigginsJ wrote: »

i could be wrong but i think elis in a boot thorough training camp as well that wont help i think (again stupid saying this before the draft) the giants could finish last in the nfc east at the moment

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Watching NFL Network and Heath Evans unsure why Bridgewater will be a bust, he just has a physic feeling telling him so

I watched this show for analysis :/

heath evens is probably the worst analyst on any of these shows to be fair i dont know why hes there they really have the b or c team out tonight

i could be wrong but i think elis in a boot thorough training camp as well that wont help i think (again stupid saying this before the draft) the giants could finish last in the nfc east at the moment

He is back "running" at the moment, shouldn't miss training camp. I agree that we are set to finish last in the East at the moment. We have huge needs at TE, WR, OG, C, DE, OLB, S.

Any plans for tomorrow night then fellas? I'm up early on Friday so it's a pretty boring one for me, a few cans and snacks at home.

Any plans for tomorrow night then fellas? I'm up early on Friday so it's a pretty boring one for me, a few cans and snacks at home.

im the same exam on friday so i may have a few but cant go anywhere unfortunately unfortunately

how long does it last iv been watching it for about 10 years now and i can never remember

So the 2014 NFL draft is allowing top players to pick "ring walk" music

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24553733/nfl-draft-players-get-choice-of-walk-out-music

Instead of focusing on what they may pick I was wondering what tunes you can think of for current & former players/coaches

JaMarcus Russell - The Lazy Song - Bruno Mars

Mike Vick - Who let the dogs out - Baha Men

Tony Romo - Oops I did it again - Britney Spears

Bill Bellichek

Any other suggestions??

• Advertisement

1st time I'm going to have company watching the draft as my 6 week old son plans to stay up for it ;) Nappy change will surely be required when Giants are on the clock!!!! Working Friday morning but used to no sleep at this point

Advertisement