Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Division 7 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,138 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hold on, how is Meath Royals ahead of me in the table? We have the same 7 - 6 record, and we tied our H2H 1 - 1, but:

- I outscored him H2H 147.70 to 145.94
    - I have scored 1,165.36 overall to his 1037.38
    - I have a positive points differential (points for to points against) where his is negative

How is NFL.com deciding a tie breaker in this league when I’m leading all visible criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hold on, how is Meath Royals ahead of me in the table? We have the same 7 - 6 record, and we tied our H2H 1 - 1, but:

- I outscored him H2H 147.70 to 145.94
    - I have scored 1,165.36 overall to his 1037.38
    - I have a positive points differential (points for to points against) where his is negative

How is NFL.com deciding a tie breaker in this league when I’m leading all visible criteria?

Whoever is mod can check the settings and see what is selected for tiebreakers.

Honestly have no idea.

Edit: Had a quick look thinking maybe his divisional record was better but its working out 4-2 for both of you guys for me. Someone can double check though.

For the head-to-head tie, just checked and it's points for then points against if record is tied.

Since only the two of you 7-6 it should be straight forward, not sure at all why you missed playoffs.

David (Meath Royals) has manually corrected. Really classy move and a difficult situation for him as commissioner directly involved in the error. Fair play to him for this, and organising and running a great league all year icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

I wouldve thought after the head to head tie it went to divisional record. Had a quick look and Meath royals has the better divisional record of 5-2 where as LuckyLloyd has a record of 4-3 but i could be wrong. Happened in a league of mine last year and it came down to that after the head to head was a tie. It looks like the original playoff seeding shouldve stood. The Site is never wrong on these calculations when ive played. After record its head to head then divisional record and then it goes to points. Always starts with wins. Id double check with the higher ups but thats what i came up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

How do you check Divisional Record? I've had a bit of a search but can't find it.

Even if it was Divisional record that's really a **** way to decide things, no? It's not even published on the desktop or app so I assume you went through and worked it out manually.

Surely:

- points scored in the H2H games between tied teams
    - points scored generally over the course of a season

Are much better markers and a fairer way to decide between two tied teams?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Even if it was Divisional record that's really a **** way to decide things, no? It's not even published on the desktop or app so I assume you went through and worked it out manually.

Surely:

- points scored in the H2H games between tied teams
    - points scored generally over the course of a season

Are much better markers and a fairer way to decide between two tied teams?

It’s how it’s decided in real life football so it seems like that’s how they decided to do it for fantasy. Yeah I did it manually because it’s a rare enough occurrence. It’s the way it always works and the system that has been put in pace in every other league forever in boards so I assume it’s what we have to go with even though I’d agree it looks like Lloyd has been given the short end of the straw.

I wouldve thought after the head to head tie it went to divisional record. Had a quick look and Meath royals has the better divisional record of 5-2 where as LuckyLloyd has a record of 4-3 but i could be wrong. Happened in a league of mine last year and it came down to that after the head to head was a tie. It looks like the original playoff seeding shouldve stood. The Site is never wrong on these calculations when ive played. After record its head to head then divisional record and then it goes to points. Always starts with wins. Id double check with the higher ups but thats what i came up with

Yeah by the rules of heat to head tiebreakers it would come down to divisional record.

I thought it was a draw but may have counted it up wrong.
    Can look over it later but I suggest just clarify that because if one does have a greater head-to-head divisional then they have the playoff spot

From double checking scores and reading the other boards it looks like you need to reinstate yourself for the playoffs commissioner. Things might change in next years league but for now its Meath Royals who is the 6th seed.

• Advertisement

Need the Patriots D to pick up 2 points for me to scrape a victory in the first round of the playoffs.

Some extremely low scoring players, but bailed out by Gurley and Wilson.

Patriots D got destroyed. No TO's and gave up 27 points!

They picked up the 2 points I needed though and I scrape through by 0.64 points!

DDC1990 wrote: »

They picked up the 2 points I needed though and I scrape through by 0.64 points!

A close one!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

The Semi's are so close!

Garco wrote:
    The Semi's are so close!

Some let downs for me so far. Saints D was rubbish. Packers let Greg Olsen walk through them as well. Need a shootout between the Rams and the Seahawks.

Getting nothing from Gronk or Wilson at thr moment.

Could be decisive. Not going to be much in it at the end of the games.

Russell Wilson over Matthew Stafford is going to haunt me.

Gurley is trying to drag my ass over the line on his own.

Russell Wilson over Matthew Stafford is going to haunt me.

Gurley is trying to drag my ass over the line on his own.

And drag he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sherpalover

Good luck in the final. Can't see Ryan getting near enough to get me back in it.

Adamocovic wrote:
    And drag he did!

Oh boy he did. Gronk came up big as well in the second half. Need to make sure Mike Evans doesnt get -15 or something to go through.

• Advertisement

To lose because kamara went out on the first drive is frustrating.

It's going to be another tight one.

I am 23.60 points ahead (Hail Todd Gurley) with Alshon Jeffrey to play tonight.

Steelcox has Ju-Ju, Aghalor and Chris Boswell to play. I can see Ju Ju and Aghalor hitting 12 each, so I will need a big game from Jeffrey to keep ahead.

I need the Texans to find a defence from somewhere or I'm in big trouble.

Heuston ****ing me right up.

Boswell and Juju have decimated my lead.

Aghalor v Jeffrey for the win now.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Garco

Wow its tight.. 2 Eagles recievers go head to head..

Case Keenum will be reason i lose this

Garco wrote:
    Case Keenum will be reason i lose this

0 rec for Alshon.

Congrats

Congrats!

Enjoyed the season all told.

Are we going again here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I will anyway could I get a run through on the draft though I was on the site last year but couldn't find it starting on the back foot from day one but enjoyable all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is this happening lads or lack of interest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

I'm down to play anyway

Advertisement