Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home sale in Belmont, Stepaside, Dublin 18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nakom

The park within belmont is not in ready at this moment in time and it'll not be ready for a while. Shouldn't be the maintenance charges for the first year much lower considering that there are no or little green area to maintain right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wallander

Good point Nakom.

I haven't seen how much is in the contract but it could be useful to see a detailed budget of what our fees for the first couple of years are paying for exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Jolisa94

Aikens Village has a park area too, so maintenance on that's included in the service charge of 320.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

What he means is there is no park there yet so why would you be charged service fees on it yet. However to counter that there is no sinking fund there yet either, any surplus from the first year would go into that by default, so having a realistic fee for the first year would be beneficial.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jolisa94 wrote: »
    Aikens Village has a park area too, so that's included in the service charge.

Aiken's village is really 3 different seperatley managed areas surrounding Belmont, I.e Grianan fidh, clon brugh, cluain shee. The park areas are mostly outside of these and managed by the council. Which is why they aren't in as good shape in general.

Belmont is situated on a site that was to be have been part of aikens village development. I.e aikens village is the whole area from the enniskerry road down the village road to the stream which is the border between belarmine and aikens village. I'd imagine the address is

Belmont
    Aikens Village
    Sandyford
    D18
    ?

Or at least that would be the address used if you wanted anyone to find Belmont.

• Advertisement

The address on all the marketing materials is Stepaside. Which i find a little odd because, as Copacetic rightly points out, the rest of Aikens village is Sandyford.

Bet we're all going to have great fun if that is going to be the actual postal address, Blemont, Stepaside vs Belarmine, Stepaside..... The postal service in Aikens Village is already hit and miss, we're always getting other people's post.

NinjaTruncs: I get what Nakom meant, my point was that if Aikens village pay 320 for a level of service that is comparable to what Belmont will have, then 600 euro is hard to justify. But then again, if the parks are managed by the council, that casts a different light on things. I always assumed that the park area to the south of the stream was part of Aikens village and that the section to the north was part of Belarmine, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll ask the management company today.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Jolisa94 wrote: »
    The address on all the marketing materials is Stepaside. Which i find a little odd because, as Copacetic rightly points out, the rest of Aikens village is Sandyford.

Bet we're all going to have great fun if that is going to be the actual postal address, Blemont, Stepaside vs Belarmine, Stepaside..... The postal service in Aikens Village is already hit and miss, we're always getting other people's post.

NinjaTrunc: I get what Nakom meant, my point was that if Aikens village pay 320 for a level of service that is comparable to what Belmont will have, then 600 euro is hard to justify. But then again, if the parks are managed by the council, that casts a different light on things. I always assumed that the park area to the south of the stream was part of Aikens village and that the section to the north was part of Belarmine, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll ask the management company today.

I think the belarmine side is still managed by their management company. Aikens village side isn't, that's why aikens village side has no lighting and the grass was allowed go uncut for 5 months this year getting to hip height! (As did grass on luas shortcut). Looked quite nice though so I don't think anyone was too bothered.

Didn’t notice!!! To be honest our interest in the place waned as our search for a new house meant we weren’t paying too much attention to an area we thought we would be leaving soon. But now that we’re in the process of buying the house in Belmont and we’ll be staying on indefinitely, its game on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Lillian123

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone who has received their contract, post details of how it says the service charge is calculated just for our information?

Thanks!

Our contract didn't specify, there was just a generic referecne to 'service charge' on page 14, but no detail. I asked the solicitor to clarify this point, so hope to have an answer soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jorg_East

The contract itself doesn't include it, but there is an additional paper with estimates for the following years. This is the estimate per house type for 2015 (only house from phase 2 ):

House Type|House Name|Estimate
    C|Laragh|449.79
    L||628.65
    B1|Powerscourt|423.71
    B2|Powerscourt| 423.71
    H1|Djouce|526.18
    M||501.96

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hudson123

All,

Just beware of the recent developments on the potential travellers sites around the Stepaside area - a number of sites have been approved in recent days including the site between Belarmine and Aiken's Village.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/plans-to-build-traveller-accommodation-in-south-dublin-move-forward-1.1655412

With travellers sites on the way and the Garda's station gone, there is only one way property prices in the area will go in the future.

There's plenty conversations on the topic on the Stepaside Facebook page. Check it out for more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

Hudson this has been discussed at length. If you look over the last few pages you will see that nothing can be done at present with the site as the council do not own it. If the plans go ahead at all it will be at least a few more years.

In relation to the service charge people will have to wait and see what happens. I don't think there is a huge benefit in discussing it at length as the figures above are only estimates so actual figures may fluctuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hudson123

As to your point, that nothing may happen for a few more years... this is exactly why it should be a concern! Buy now and watch your property value deteriorate in a few years as the site developes and resident take up their holdings... That is a concern for me as someone who would have considered buying in the area!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

BIG debate on Stepaside Facebook page....very great concern being expressed about the halting site issue. I know it's been done to death here, but the Facebook page is bang up to date.

Worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

copacetic wrote: »
    I think the belarmine side is still managed by their management company. Aikens village side isn't, that's why aikens village side has no lighting and the grass was allowed go uncut for 5 months this year getting to hip height! (As did grass on luas shortcut). Looked quite nice though so I don't think anyone was too bothered.

The management fees on the Belarmine side reflect the cost of the grass cutting and then some!
    I live in the Plaza and still feel weak after opening this years bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Is that management fee the same every year? I know the first year in my place there was a payment that had to be made as part of a sinking fund so that the management fee was disproportionately high the first year and decreased in the second.

shoutman wrote: »
    Is that management fee the same every year? I know the first year in my place there was a payment that had to be made as part of a sinking fund so that the management fee was disproportionately high the first year and decreased in the second.

In the plaza? It has gone up since last year sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

cmore123 wrote: »
    BIG debate on Stepaside Facebook page....very great concern being expressed about the halting site issue. I know it's been done to death here, but the Facebook page is bang up to date.

Worth keeping an eye on.

do you have a link to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Bells 1978

Hi all,

I was clearly mentioned to me that the cost for the initial period would be in and around €100. Thereafter the fees would rise, which is pretty standard.

Don't be to concerned at the price of the management fees. Until the builders leave the site and the park, lights are up and running the charges should remain low. Then it will be up to the management committee (us the residents) to form a management company and appoint a property management company. Given there are so few services to be maintained the prices will very competitive.

Thereafter we will have to pay as required, landscaping, electricity and possible insurance. As previously noted these costs should be in line with Belermine.

• Site Banned Posts: 19 All ceminists are funts

Sigh,

Here come the Dubs yet again to overheat the property market and set in motion yet another crash.:(

Will people ever learn?:mad:

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Sigh,

Here come the Dubs yet again to overheat the property market and set in motion yet another crash.:(

Will people ever learn?:mad:

if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion please refrain from posting.

Thank you

• Site Banned Posts: 19 All ceminists are funts

if you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion please refrain from posting.

Thank you

"Location: Dublin" :rolleyes:

Okay, no problem, this is my final post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 x_Dave_Gels

Hi Shezafew,

Yes please PM those details when you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 M2014

Hi does anyone know
    1. what the plans are for the council housing, designated on the DLRCC planning attachment below by a 'H' and
    2. Is council housing the same as social housing?

This council housing area is close to Belmont and the entrance would most likely (I would think) be on the same road as the entrance to Belmont...just wondering about potential affect of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

Don't know about (1), M2014, but the answer to (2) would presumably be yes.

Incidentally, I had my lunch in the Step Inn the other day - very nice - and having mentioned to one if the staff that I was planning to move into the area, I found I was given a very warm and genuine welcome...

Very encouraging... good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jared20130204

Hi All,

Anyone else being put under serious pressure to send their contracts back even without this title deed issue resolved? It's getting like gun to head type situation. Seems like some solicitors are letting their clients sign with all these Nama acquisitions and AIB charges attached to their properties. I am baffled as to how anyone could buy a house without clean title deeds, but there you have it...it's happening.

Anyhoo, I shall keep all informed but I have pretty much lost hope the land registry will expedite this. The registration of the new owners has been "expedited" since last October. THe problem I'm thinking now is that, if this can't be expedited with so many people waiting to buy, there may well be some serious issues on the title.
    I suspect the agent and developer think they'll get more for the properties in phase three and are prepared to take the chance that enough solicitors will also sign off on the title deeds as they stand.

I hope it works out for all those that have signed but I couldn't take that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Hi Jared. We're in a similar situation and of a similar opinion. Makes you wonder about the other solicitors out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

Family member of mine signed contracts in phase1 after advise from his solicitor that he is happy to give an undertaking. Used a very reputible firm who had a large number of initial queries which were all satisfied over time. It most certainly wasn't a quick and easy process for them.

Advertisement