Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

What is it that she's actually done now, besides using some sort of strange Jedi mind-trick to give the appearance of substance to pure wind in some people's minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I see she is in the news again today - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/drugs-mule-michaella-mccollum-tells-of-long-ride-to-freedom-775743.html

I have to say I am impressed with her. She seems to have really learned a good lesson on drugs and the effects they can have on people and communities. Fair play to her getting her life back on track. It must have been hell what she went through over there...

45683458.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Best of luck to the two of them, it's actually ok to fcuk up in life, as long as you apologise and are truly remorseful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Best of luck to the two of them, it's actually ok to fcuk up in life, as long as you apologise and are truly remorseful

If only Hitler realized that.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

But is she truly remorseful? The other girl seems to be...and has faded into the background....but Michaela McCollum seems to like the limelight: I mean I'm around her age, and if I were caught smuggling drugs, and breaking the laws of a foreign country...Then get a light sentence for the crime, and spend it in a beauty salon in a Peruvian jail...I'd hang my head in shame: It's fine to screw up your own life, and take the consequences....but drugs ...serious drugs affect more than one person. Fine the system let her off lightly...but that should be the end of it....re-inventing yourself as a 'hot blonde' doesn't really work in your favour publicly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Which she hasnt actually done and is quite only sorry she got caught not that she did it

VinLieger wrote: »
    Which she hasnt actually done and is quite only sorry she got caught not that she did it

possibly but who knows, they did do some of the time though so theyve taken their punishment, they should be allowed to move on with their lives. very stupid mistake but thats life

"She said 'when one door closes, another door opens...'".

You'd think it's the last thing an ex prisoner would say...

"She said 'when one door closes, another door opens...'".

You'd think it's the last thing an ex prisoner would say...

should all doors remain closed always for all ex prisoners?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She's keeping her bake in the limelight for one reason - cold hard cash.

There's money to be made in this story, appearances on Late Late or Ray Darcy, or a book, or DJing or something.

I guarantee you, she will cash in on this somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

jimgoose wrote: »
    What is it that she's actually done now,
    She made a post on facebook, that's news now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

It was just a funny observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »
    She's keeping her bake in the limelight for one reason - cold hard cash.

There's money to be made in this story, appearances on Late Late or Ray Darcy, or a book, or DJing or something.

I guarantee you, she will cash in on this somehow.

Perhaps she is hoping for a go on celebrity big brother?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Could be, forgot that one.

But would some companies, TV shows etc be wary of paying an appearance fee to a convicted drugs smuggler?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,359 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

NIMAN wrote: »
    Could be, forgot that one.

But would some companies, TV shows etc be wary of paying an appearance fee to a convicted drugs smuggler?

'twas only a joke. Not a hope of a tv company wanting her to appear. At least not while there are TOWIE/Geordie Shore celebs that haven't appeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Perhaps she is hoping for a go on celebrity big brother?

Surely she'd be more suited to I'm a celebrity... GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

'twas only a joke. Not a hope of a tv company wanting her to appear.
    I don't know about that.

She'd be perfect for a short series on the illegal drug trade in a few locations around the world. She gets to 'investigate' drug trafficking and its effects, while revisiting her old prison, reflecting on her mistakes, and empathising with other mules in different places.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't know about that.

She'd be perfect for a short series on the illegal drug trade in a few locations around the world. She gets to 'investigate' drug trafficking and its effects, while revisiting her old prison, reflecting on her mistakes, and empathising with other mules in different places.

That would only work if she came across as genuine which she does not by a long shot!

blade1 wrote: »
    That would only work if she came across as genuine which she does not by a long shot!

Fair enough, I just know her history, but I don't really know that much about her and how she comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Stay thy hand, O righter of global wrongs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭johnny_tractor

i'd love a line of coke now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

There's a happy medium between going around for the rest of your life covered in sackcloth and ashes; and making great mileage out of a past crime.

If she does start writing books, appearing on chat shows etc. disguised as 'warning other young people' whilst done up like a Barbie doll and obviously basking in her notoriety I will be deeply unconvinced that she has any real remorse for what she has done.

If she just quietly puts her life together and disappears from public view I will be of the opinion that she was young, made a really really stupid mistake and has learnt a lifelong lesson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

i'd love a line of coke now

There ya go son, knock yourself out. :D

[img][/img]https://i.img.ie/0qx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

blade1 wrote: »

From the look of it,our Micheala enjoys some connections within the Republic's media organs....in some contrast to her former cellmate,who has remained largely silent and unrecognised in all of this....I'm wondering if she has'nt gone and got herself an agent ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

possibly but who knows, they did do some of the time though so theyve taken their punishment, they should be allowed to move on with their lives. very stupid mistake but thats life

Nobody is contesting the "Move on with your life" aspect,however,this surely can be achieved without the need for either RTE or INM,to craft articlettes around her new image ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Nobody is contesting the "Move on with your life" aspect,however,this surely can be achieved without the need for either RTE or INM,to craft articlettes around her new image ?

fair point alright but i think they should be given the right to move on, questionable approach to hows shes doing that alright

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So when is she appearing on Celeb Big Brother or somesuch ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

She won't be due to OFCOM rules on paying criminals.

& clever other girl; disassociate herself entirely from the poor white trash & now we can barely remember her name.

Advertisement