Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doubtful! She has 'milking it for all it worth ' written all over her. She is exactly the type who will do anything to maintain her notoriety whilst claiming to be an innocent.

Thankfully I don't think she has the likeability or personality to sustain it for long.
    I've heard nothing from her, I heard she did an interview but didn't watch it. Other than that she seems to be a favourite of the media. I kept hearing about her coming home to a fanfare and when I watched the supplied video it was just her walking out of the airport alone.

Maybe she is loving the attention, but everyone posting in this thread and the media are doing more to promote her than she has done. Unless she's sending out press releases?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've heard nothing from her, I heard she did an interview but didn't watch it. Other than that she seems to be a favourite of the media. I kept hearing about her coming home to a fanfare and when I watched the supplied video it was just her walking out of the airport alone.

Maybe she is loving the attention, but everyone posting in this thread and the media are doing more to promote her than she has done. Unless she's sending out press releases?

If she had of kept her head down like the scottish girl did people would have a lot more respect for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Celebrity chefs, hairdressers, lawyers and now it looks like we'll have our first celebrity drug smuggler.....

Returned home to a heroes welcome, like wtf? These people are scumbags who knew full well the consequences of their actions, end of.
    It's going to sound a bit MRA-ish I know, but the fact they don't have penises seems to play a huge role in this.

If I recall there were a few stories of Irish males in similar situations when this broke, whatever happened to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Well the interview circuit has started. All over today's papers.

She was top dog in the prison wing. She ran a successful beauty salon and made enough to pay someone to clean her cell and toilets. She bribed a guard to smuggle her in a mobile phone. Lots of pictures. The prison doctor fell in love with her and proposed. She rejected him.

Seems like she had a grand old time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Smondie wrote: »

She was top dog in the prison wing. She ran a successful beauty salon and made enough to pay someone to clean her cell and toilets. She bribed a guard to smuggle her in a mobile phone. Lots of pictures. The prison doctor fell in love with her and proposed. She rejected him.

There's a lot of stories circulating around Peru about her favouritism with the guards in the jail and what she got up too...

Surprised the media are giving her so much attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

There's a lot of stories circulating around Peru about her favouritism with the guards in the jail and what she got up too...

we'll have to wait until her late late show appearance for all the juicy details :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

She disgusts me :(

I think the story has all the chances of being a great film.

She should write a book, I have read books written by drug dealers & ex convicts. I'm sure thousands of people in Ireland have.
    I don't understand the huge amount of hate for this girl?

She did something wrong, served her time. Now she's getting on with her life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,282 ✭✭✭✭blade1

bubblypop wrote: »

She should write a book, I have read books written by drug dealers & ex convicts. I'm sure thousands of people in Ireland have.

What ever she has or hasn't done i think she just comes across as a not very likeable person.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

bubblypop wrote: »

I'd buy the book just for the craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'd buy the book just for the craic!

I'd download the "book" from somewhere for free, just to delete it. No doubt some rag will serialise it.

She's a proven liar....so if she wrote a book....assuming she'd be able to do something like that...It would probably be full of lies, and not worth reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Before everyone rushes to judgement consider these facts,

1. Independent offered her a substantial payment for first interview. She refused.

2. RTE offered no payment. She accepted.

3. Independent is known to dish out their own "punishment" against those that do not give them the respect they think they deserve.

Note how the stories only ever appeared in the Independant group until today's story in the mail.

What was her choice? Do a story and get slammed or get slammed anyway.

She was young and niaeve, she did something stupid. Anyone complaining about publicity need to vent their misplaced anger at the independent group. It is they who have made her headline story on over 2 dozen occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

astrofool wrote: »
    I'd download the "book" from somewhere for free, just to delete it. No doubt some rag will serialise it.

Aren't you a great person for saying that. There's more to life than harbouring such opinions about a simpleton that will disappear up the arse of humanity anyway.

As I said, I'd read the book if it happened, just to get her version of things. Then I could slate some of your opinions about it because you didn't read it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

astrofool wrote: »

Top Tip: Don't download the book in the first place and save yourself the trouble of having to delete it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's going to sound a bit MRA-ish I know, but the fact they don't have penises seems to play a huge role in this.

If I recall there were a few stories of Irish males in similar situations when this broke, whatever happened to them?

I think they escaped from prison shortly afterwards and made their way back to athlone, bus Columbia. That was two brothers or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Orielle wrote:
    She disgusts me

She's seriously hot and there's plenty of people condemning her who have at one time at least tried the waccy baccy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

So a young, foreign, non Spanish speaking prisoner on a relatively short sentence creates a business generating €250 a week profit inside a Peruvian jail? A place where that sum of money is probably worth the equivalent of about 20 times that? Do the Indo do even minor fact-checking any more? In an article about a proven bull****ter?
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/michaella-mccollum-on-prison-life-how-she-was-top-dog-earned-250-a-week-and-paid-others-to-clean-her-cell-34982722.html

Meh!! She's passable after her makeover: but 'seriously hot' ...in her own mind maybe.

There is a big difference between weed, and cocaine....She broke Peruvian law....and seems to have had a great time doing it: I wonder would a poor older Peruvian woman get the same treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Orielle wrote: »
    Meh!! She's passable after her makeover: but 'seriously hot' ...in her own mind maybe.

Google image search her name. She was fairly decent before the whole smuggling thing as well.

The other young one has a face like a bag of hammers, poor thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Google image search her name. She was fairly decent before the whole smuggling thing as well.

The other young one has a face like a bag of hammers, poor thing.

What do their looks have to do with anything? You sound like an obnoxious troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Billy86 wrote: »

These two got so much attention because their story started when Michaela's family lost contact with her and started a social media campaign to find her. When she turned up in a jail in Peru it was a huge scandal and then they started sprouting all manner of bullsh!t. There was a huge hook to their story and people were far more invested than when it came to light that two Irish lads had been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That not a review of the last orange is the new black season?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Giving people what they want I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I see she is in the news again today - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/drugs-mule-michaella-mccollum-tells-of-long-ride-to-freedom-775743.html

I have to say I am impressed with her. She seems to have really learned a good lesson on drugs and the effects they can have on people and communities. Fair play to her getting her life back on track. It must have been hell what she went through over there...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

DellyBelly wrote: »
    I see she is in the news again today - http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/drugs-mule-michaella-mccollum-tells-of-long-ride-to-freedom-775743.html

I have to say I am impressed with her. She seems to have really learned a good lesson on drugs and the effects they can have on people and communities. Fair play to her getting her life back on track. It must have been hell what she went through over there...

huh? you mean when she became Red from Shawshank Redemption? She has said she practically ran the prison when she was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

It must have been hell what she went through over there...

I'd say she's hard as nails.

She claims she was 'Bea' over in the Peruvian clink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

68136290.jpg

Advertisement