Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peru drug smuggling case - READ OP BEFORE POSTING

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

This sounds like a bit of banter gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Its only a newspaper interview but shes already coming across as a lot more contrite and remorseful than the Michaela one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Allyall wrote: »
    Her (the Scottish ones) Lawyers didn't come in with a fanfare and badmouth the legal system over there. Amongst other things.

Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its only a newspaper interview but shes already coming across as a lot more contrite and remorseful than the Michaela one.

I would say that is because for the first time in her life she has realised actions have consonances. A fair amount of people get well in to adulthood with out ever been picked up on anything.

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote:
    I would say that is because for the first time in her life she has realised actions have consonances

Assuming you meant consequences I think its even more basic than that. I think shes just honest enough to admit, you know what, I was an eejit, acting the big 'I am'
    , doing drugs, living the rebellious life thinking id have a great story to tell my mates. I got caught, it was a fair cop and I deserved all I got. Thank **** I'm free'.

Had michaela done the same id have a little respect for her. As is, with all her, 'it wasn't my fault, I never did drugs, im just an innocent who's now found religion ' ****e talk, shes done herself no favours.

I can see perhaps the Scottish one never being heard from again but I fear michaela is the type who will court as much publicity as she can for as long as she can.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Michaella McCollum arrived back in Dublin tonight

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/764547106849824768?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    Convicted drug smuggler Michaella McCollum has arrived back in Ireland after being released from prison in Peru earlier this year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I wonder if they checked her luggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Which chat show first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Which chat show first?

7 O'Clock show?

....I'll get my coat :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

What is she doing in Dublin I thought she was from Northern Ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Simon2015 wrote: »

Had to drop off a few packages before she headed home...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

Heading over the Dochas centre with a briefcase alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

timthumbni wrote: »
    Had to drop off a few packages before she headed home...

Bet she wishes Parcel Motel was around a couple of years ago...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think she was born in Co Monaghan and moved north later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Michaella McCollum arrived back in Dublin tonight

Thats me sorted for the night!
    Anyone else up for a party?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

She'll be glad to finally get those drugs out of her. They have to have been uncomfortable up there all this time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

We let just about anyone in.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭donalh087

On a lighter note, it must be really crap to leave home so young, go off on a mad adventure, get jailed as a drug mule in South America, become internationally renowned, and..... when you finally get home ...... your family doesn't even turn up at the freakin' Airport ! Maybe that's a problem right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Would have been a perfect opportunity to smuggle a load of drugs in to the country. They'd never suspect that she'd try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

donalh087 wrote: »
    On a lighter note, it must be really crap to leave home so young, go off on a mad adventure, get jailed as a drug mule in South America, become internationally renowned, and..... when you finally get home ...... your family doesn't even turn up at the freakin' Airport ! Maybe that's a problem right there.
    They collected her from outside the airport and there was a big party for her last night....so don't feel too bad for her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Celebrity chefs, hairdressers, lawyers and now it looks like we'll have our first celebrity drug smuggler.....

Returned home to a heroes welcome, like wtf? These people are scumbags who knew full well the consequences of their actions, end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

FalconGirl wrote: »

Returned home to a heroes welcome, like wtf? .
    This is not to any working - class area. Fans with nice cars. No need for any of these types who need public transport

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Simon2015

One thing I notice about McCollum is that she seems to have zero remorse for what she did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

One thing I notice about McCollum is that she seems to have zero remorse for what she did.

and why should she have any?

I'm sure she regrets it but I don't get this public opinion that she should apologise and beg forgiveness.
    We are nothing to her and she is really nothing to us either.
    She owes nobody anything bar her family and supporters who actually helped her.

The rest of ireland just sat on the sidelines and bitched about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Orielle

Why shouldn't we bitch about her....she's a first class airhead....and a criminal who got off too lightly. Let's hope we don't hear any more from or about her.

Orielle wrote:
    Let's hope we don't hear any more from or about her.

Doubtful! She has 'milking it for all it worth ' written all over her. She is exactly the type who will do anything to maintain her notoriety whilst claiming to be an innocent.

Thankfully I don't think she has the likeability or personality to sustain it for long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

Orielle wrote: »
    Why shouldn't we bitch about her....she's a first class airhead....and a criminal who got off too lightly. Let's hope we don't hear any more from or about her.

of course we can bitch about her...I've no issue with that

my point was she hasn't done anything that we the public deserve an apology for .
    she owes us nothing....we are merely observers of this .

Advertisement