Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Conboy94 wrote: »
    Hey! Will anyone else be doing BIS in NUIG?

I'll see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 andreafarrell1

Anyone doing European Studies in ITT??

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Claire1456

Did anyone see the jump in commerce courses in NUIG and UL? And commerce and French jumped from 495 to 525 in nuig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahcons

adamb123 wrote: »
    I got English and Religion Secondary Teaching in Mater Dei!Anyone else? It dropped by 20 points so I was well in there :)

I'm heading there as well, don't anyone going though haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shteve12

Anyone else get Primary Teaching in St. Pats?? Just accepted it their ...... feeling ***king professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

shteve12 wrote: »
    Anyone else get Primary Teaching in St. Pats?? Just accepted it their ...... feeling ***king professional

Congrats - that's honestly a great achievement.

(and you'll feeling even more professional when you're a teacher, pointing out the difference between 'their' and 'there' to the kids....:P Guess you hadn't much sleep last night - we'll put it down to tiredness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Kenney wrote: »
    I accepted an offer to trinity. Does anyone know when they send information about registration?

From what I remember last year it was about a week after acceptance, not too long but felt like a lifetime! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can't believe the points for MH001 shot up to 495:eek:

For anyone that got it you're not going to Maynooth, you are going to Froebel;) It'll be drilled into you soon enough:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Every Computer Science course Ive looked at either went up by 5 points or stayed the same.

Big technology rush my ass.

NCI normal computing down 50

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Pai Mei wrote: »
    You're prob right :P It wasn't due to DARE anyway and I didn't need extra points so it prob wasn't HEAR either.
    Whether you needed the extra points or not, if you were accepted for HEAR you will have a HEAR "score" and that's what that sounds like.
    THFC wrote: »
    For anyone that got it you're not going to Maynooth, you are going to Froebel;) It'll be drilled into you soon enough:P
    Aren't this year's first year's starting in Maynooth from Day 1? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Whether you needed the extra points or not, if you were accepted for HEAR you will have a HEAR "score" and that's what that sounds like.

979 of a score :pac: I don't think they gave me a few hundred extra points :D

Pai Mei wrote: »
    979 of a score :pac: I don't think they gave me a few hundred extra points :D
    They're not points in the normal sense; it's a different system which scores under the various criteria for HEAR as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Anyone have any idea why NCI computing went down 50 from last year? Everywhere else has gone up.

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why NCI computing went down 50 from last year? Everywhere else has gone up.
    I don't *know* why, but one very common reason why points for a course would buck the normal trend is that the college has increased the number of places available this year.

It's all about supply and demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

UCD stayed the same which was a bit of a surprise

UCD stayed the same which was a bit of a surprise
    Not impossible that they bumped their numbers up a bit either; I know I was talking to a CS senior lecturer in one of the other colleges back in March, and he was saying that they had discussed increasing their intake, but they were already over capacity in terms of computer labs etc., and just felt it would be impossible / unfair to all students.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think the reason UCD didn't go up was simply because the points were so high already, I'd imagine anyone aiming for at least 470 would be thinking general science etc.

Hopefully it's just a case that NCI made more places available and it's not a case that the course is brutal.

Also, I think it's looking bleak for me getting into DIT in the 2nd round, 5 points out but the points didn't drop last year in the 2nd round at all.

You can do Comp Sci from General Science?

Why is it even called Computer Science? Its engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

You can do Comp Sci from General Science?

Why is it even called Computer Science? Its engineering.

No, it's computer science. "Real" computer science is a subset of mathematics.

No, it's computer science. "Real" computer science is a subset of mathematics.

Im saying that its Computer Science but its in the School of Engineering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

NUIM science didnt move, that was a suprise, and NUIG science jumped 25! I was well suprised by that :P

HugsiePie wrote: »
    NUIM science didnt move, that was a suprise, and NUIG science jumped 25! I was well suprised by that :P

Did yer meeting today clear your mind at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Im saying that its Computer Science but its in the School of Engineering.

In UCD? I thought UCD had their own "School of Computer Science" or something.

I think the reason UCD didn't go up was simply because the points were so high already
    Could be a factor too; if they had a particularly high-points intake last year for example.
    I'd imagine anyone aiming for at least 470 would be thinking general science etc.
    Hmm, lots of typical CS candidates would have a vague interest in gen sci but would be deliberately placing CS ahead of it on their ranking.

Most CS nerds tend to be CS nerds to the bone tbh! :pac: :pac:

Oh no in NUIG. I was surprised at UCD 'cause they spun themselves as the best college so I thought they would top most lists and go up a few points.

I was surprised at UCD 'cause they spun themselves as the best college so I thought they would top most lists and go up a few points.
    Lol, every college do that to an extent, and UCD are big into it.

You expect them to say "well if you don't get college A, B or C, consider us, coz they're all better!" ?

No but I dont remember being hit with so much "WE'RE NO.1, WE'RE NO.1, WE'RE NO.1,!!!" by any other college.

No but I dont remember being hit with so much "WE'RE NO.1, WE'RE NO.1, WE'RE NO.1,!!!" by any other college.
    ... and UCD are big into it.
    ;););)

I'm saying no more, because I would start to sound very cynical! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Did yer meeting today clear your mind at all?

She made me more comfortable with the idea of repeating and my cousin made me more comfortable with the idea of going to college, so Im still in 2 minds, but less.........well doubtful/afraid of either option

Im still mulling it over

• Advertisement

Thats an improvement at least.

Advertisement