Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

any chance of something like dentistry having a vacant place tomorow?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

ahmdoda wrote: »
    any chance of something like dentistry having a vacant place tomorow?
    There'll never be vacant places in a course as high demand as dentistry, the best you can hope for is a slight drop in round 2 from people being offered places in medicine or not taking up their offers for any other reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

Go can anyone answer me this please :)
    I got my first choice at 360, but only had 340. I'm eligable for HEAR but I haven't been told I got it through HEAR so how will I know if I did or not...? Thanks (:

Did you get the letter a couple of weeks ago saying that you were eligible for HEAR? If so, then yes, it's most likely you were given the points reduction from HEAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The Cheesepoo

MrNeeson wrote: »
    I think I'm going to be taking maths, biology, computer science and chemistry for the first year anyways!

I'll be doing Computer science and maths, with chemistry and probably one of the physics ones. Should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

When do the TCD TSM points become known to the general public?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Hamza Malik

So I'm wondering if I accept Optometry which is my third choice will I get any offers from my second choice (radiation therapy) from round 2 offers? I'm like 5-10 points off and I have Hear so I could get it.. so should I wait until round 2 or should i accept the first offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Yess, International Languages, here I come!

P.S: It went up by 25 points again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Conboy94

Hey! Will anyone else be doing BIS in NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

So I'm wondering if I accept Optometry which is my third choice will I get any offers from my second choice (radiation therapy) from round 2 offers? I'm like 5-10 points off and I have Hear so I could get it.. so should I wait until round 2 or should i accept the first offer?

Accepting a lower choice does NOT stop you from getting a higher choice if the points drop. The only reason not to accept it is if you Definately do not want to do it if the points on your higher course don't drop. You could be left with nothing however if your higher choice does not drop then though

polydactyl wrote: »
    Accepting a lower choice does NOT stop you from getting a higher choice if the points drop. The only reason not to accept it is if you Definately do not want to do it if the points on your higher course don't drop. You could be left with nothing however if your higher choice does not drop then though

Ok ill accept Optometry because Radiation therapy did drop this year.. so there's a chance I might be offered at round 2. Wish me luck :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Okay so got my offer letter in the post this morning and in the LC I got 490 points. Under my course choices it states I got 490 except under my first choice where it says 979 :O I accepted my first choice by email this morning cause it was only 410 anyway so what is with the 979?? Will I just leave it seeing as I have my course anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Pai Mei wrote: »
    Okay so got my offer letter in the post this morning and in the LC I got 490 points. Under my course choices it states I got 490 except under my first choice where it says 979 :O I accepted my first choice by email this morning cause it was only 410 anyway so what is with the 979?? Will I just leave it seeing as I have my course anyway??
    Are you eligible for HEAR/DARE?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yarghhh

If you have an offer for Science, you might still transfer into NPCAM before third year. 3 people in my course have started off as just doing physics/chem/maths through science and transferred into NPCAM with permission from the course director.
    /QUOTE]

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I very much doubt you can transfer. I just finished the NPCAM and transferred from science in second year but still needed the CAO points of my year. Also I was talking to the course director and the places were increased this year in a course that is made to be smaller sooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

MrNeeson wrote: »
    MH201 - Science in Maynooth.

Anyone else for it? :)

yep, see you there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Pai Mei wrote: »

I'd say its either due to HEAR/DARE schemes, or did you do anything extra for that course like an interview, portfolio etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 AoifeAoife

I have literally the exact same, but with my second choice being 979, I'm wondering as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Yarghhh wrote: »
    . Also I was talking to the course director and the places were increased this year in a course that is made to be smaller sooo....

By any chance,Do you know by how much they increased the number of places this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

applied languages in limerick with 25 points to spare :D anyone else up for it?

AoifeAoife wrote: »
    I have literally the exact same, but with my second choice being 979, I'm wondering as well!

I'm pretty sure it has something to so with the place you got offered on that course. A sort of special code for the CAO to use for themselves because whichever offer people got seems to have over 900 on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lollipops13

inthezone wrote: »
    I'll try my best to find them somehow. If I can't I'll most certainly ask for your help! Thank you.

Business Studies in UL. It was 375 last year and I was so sure my 400 would of had me covered, but the points are 410 (which I was shocked by!)

Hopefully (: Thanks!

Cant you just do business anywhere? Why must it be Limerick? Where did you get?
    Also don't panic yet, get some subjects rechecked and see then? Don't lost hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Every Computer Science course Ive looked at either went up by 5 points or stayed the same.

Big technology rush my ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Every Computer Science course Ive looked at either went up by 5 points or stayed the same.

Big technology rush my ass.

UCC went up by 90. NINETY. From 340 to 430. I'm only going into 6th year now but this does not make me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

I'm pretty sure it has something to so with the place you got offered on that course. A sort of special code for the CAO to use for themselves because whichever offer people got seems to have over 900 on the letter.

You're prob right :P It wasn't due to DARE anyway and I didn't need extra points so it prob wasn't HEAR either.

m0ynihan wrote: »
    UCC went up by 90. NINETY. From 340 to 430. I'm only going into 6th year now but this does not make me happy.

Well it was at least due to catch up but UCD, DCU, DIT, NUIG all fall into what I checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

Well it was at least due to catch up but UCD, DCU, DIT, NUIG all fall into what I checked.

It's about time people realised that there's great job prospects if you do it, but couldn't they have waited until I've finished my LC to realise that? :P

UCD actually didnt change at all. The supposed best one in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

I accepted an offer to trinity. Does anyone know when they send information about registration?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pandora13

Has anyone else accepted an offer to study history and political science in Trinity? XD

Guys what do you think.. I cant stop thinking about it.

I need 530 for radiation therapy.

I met all subject requirements to get a total of 505 (not my best 6)

I'm eligible for HEAR. Should I have gotten an offer? If not I'm appealing some exams hopefully picking up 5-10 points.

I'd appreciate any honest opinions here (:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Pandora13

According to one of the earlier posts, apparently they send an email around one or two days after you've accepted your course...congrats btw! XD

Advertisement