Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

I got A2's in Biology and English (HL), B1 in Irish (HL) and C1 in ordinary maths so I don't really understand.

Min OB3 is needed in maths, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

buyer95 wrote: »
    Me too, see you there:D

Me three :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I got A2's in Biology and English (HL), B1 in Irish (HL) and C1 in ordinary maths so I don't really understand.
    Look at your maths grade vs. the minimum requirement.

Tough to be so close, it might be worth re-checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

oncex wrote: »
    You needed a b3 in maths. Oh my god I am so sorry

Oh now I look very stupid indeed! Sorry to bother you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

It's no bother at all. Good chance in a recheck of going from a C1 to a B3. Hopefully you're happy with your second choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Hope you're okay that sucks after getting the points. What did you get offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

oncex wrote: »
    Hope you're okay that sucks after getting the points. What did you get offered?

I got Biomed in DIT but I was set on science in UCD if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

It can have a few part-time courses, not usually though.

It may be between 2 different definitions of full-time ... a course is considered full-time by the HEA if it carries 60 ECTS credits per year, but if the teaching is blocked together, people are expected to find time for study at home, it can in practical terms be part-time in that you don't need to be on campus full-time.

In that case will SUSI recognise it as a full time course and approve his grant?

This is the course he got offered:

Institute Link: http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/course?id=40

Qualifax Link: http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=2611

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭crow2

Lads,now that I accepted my CAO offer will they contact me by phone or email on what I have to do next ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

dan786 wrote: »
    In that case will SUSI recognise it as a full time course and approve his grant?

This is the course he got offered:

Institute Link: http://www.it-tallaght.ie/index.cfm/page/course?id=40

Qualifax Link: http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=15?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=2611
    If it's considered full-time by the HEA, yes.

Look at the top of the Institute info, it says it can be taken either full-time OR part-time.

That may be where the confusion derives from.

Higher Cert (120 credits) in 2 years would be the normal full-time configuration; I can't see there being a problem tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

crow2 wrote: »
    Lads,now that I accepted my CAO offer will they contact me by phone or email on what I have to do next ?

Your college will post out details on the next relevant steps to take in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what the chances of 2nd round medicine offers are? if the courses are full, does that mean there wont be any 2nd round offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

missed first choice by 5 points ahh!! roll on second round!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

can someone put me out of my misery and tell me what the chances of 2nd round medicine offers are? if the courses are full, does that mean there wont be any 2nd round offers?

Very unlikely. Last year, RCSI was the only undergraduate program to send out second-round offers, and in that case, it went down by one measly point.

If there is a second-round offer, it is safe to assume that the maximum it will go down by is 5 points, but that in itself would be an absolute miracle.

Graduate entry in UCC went down by one point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anyone where to find if points went down for some colleges? just curious!

However I got my first choice in NCI!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Anyone where to find if points went down for some colleges? just curious!

However I got my first choice in NCI!

http://www2.cao.ie/points/l8_rnd1.htm

should help :)

Vivara wrote: »
    Very unlikely. Last year, RCSI was the only undergraduate program to send out second-round offers, and in that case, it went down by one measly point.

If there is a second-round offer, it is safe to assume that the maximum it will go down by is 5 points, but that in itself would be an absolute miracle.

Graduate entry in UCC went down by one point too.
    ...biopharmaceutical chemistry it is then

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

Woo Veterinary Med in UCD :) anyone else?

YES!! :) I'm sooo happy! I'll b seeing u in a few weeks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 adamb123

I got English and Religion Secondary Teaching in Mater Dei!Anyone else? It dropped by 20 points so I was well in there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

...biopharmaceutical chemistry it is then

How far off are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

NCI sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eilisnina

law and society in dcu YESSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

fewtins wrote: »
    How far off are you?

You get in fewtins? CONGRATS YOU SEXY BÁSTARD!!

fewtins wrote: »
    How far off are you?

well i got the HEAR programme so i think ive just missed out by a few points :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭olazbabes

That sucks. maybe other people got higher than 510.as well as hear and dare scheme applicants have reserved places.

You get in fewtins? CONGRATS YOU SEXY BÁSTARD!!

Awwwwww yeyeyeahahehah :P Thanks PF.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Woo Veterinary Med in UCD :) anyone else?
    YES!! :) I'm sooo happy! I'll b seeing u in a few weeks! :D

I'm in Veterinary Med too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Kenbob

Anyone get offered Law (DN600) in UCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mundungus portfolio

Lads im in a heap of sh*te here, I hop ye can help me. I got accepted into my course this morning.Also my friend, after missing out on they're top choices, got the same course as me. The problem is I REALLY don't want to go to the same college as this person. I'd prefer not to get into detail but basically they have been dragging me down since national school and I can't deal with them for another 3/4 years.

I haven't accepted my course yet,but what I'm wondering is if I reject my course (2nd choice) now,is there a chance of me my 4th choice as I missed out on my 3rd??
    Please help me

• Advertisement

Lads im in a heap of sh*te here, I hop ye can help me. I got accepted into my course this morning.Also my friend, after missing out on they're top choices, got the same course as me. The problem is I REALLY don't want to go to the same college as this person. I'd prefer not to get into detail but basically they have been dragging me down since national school and I can't deal with them for another 3/4 years.

I haven't accepted my course yet,but what I'm wondering is if I reject my course (2nd choice) now,is there a chance of me my 4th choice as I missed out on my 3rd??
    Please help me

Afraid not, you might get your first choice in second round, but you can only get offered higher preference courses.

Advertisement