Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Options
  • 18-08-2013 7:31pm

Edit: POINTS LIST HERE!

So less than 12 hours until the offers are out.
    Just out of curiosity, what is the lowest preference/choice you would be offered and accept without repeating?
    Personally, I've thought of doing ny first choice (Pharmacy in TCD) for so long that I'm not sure of I'd be comfortable in anything lower.

*******************************************************************************************************

Ok, we may as well make this one the official thread.

WORD OF WARNING:

Anyone trolling and (seriously) claiming to have inside information / got the paper early etc. etc. without being able to back up their claims will be banned.

In fact, we've asked for sitebans in the past for serious cases of malicious scaremongering, and the Admins have been more than happy to implement them.

No-one needs that crap, thanks.

R.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

I'm the same as yourself, I've thought about my 1st and 2nd choices so much that if I don't get either of them, I don't know what I'll do. Points-wise, I should be okay for both of them, so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Dropping No Eaves

If I don't get medicine, I think I'll be happy with TSM in Trinity (which I'm certain I got). After that, I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone here expecting to get LM080 (ELECTRONICS) tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sganyfx

1. Trinity TSM Mathematics and Economics - Unlikely
    2. Trinity Mathematics - Unlikely
    3. Trinity BESS - Highly Likely

I got 520 which was a disgrace for me :(
    Although I managed to get my second language French, after not doing Irish. Kinda a miracle as I had no prior knowledge or lessons in French, I just went in and sat the exams somehow getting a D2 at pass...

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm 30/40 points over last years points yet I still feel like I'm not going to have enough :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

55 points over what is needed for applied languages in UL .. I'm hoping they don't go up like 60 points or something now. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

Hi,
    I have applied for Arts in NUIG as my first choice. The points were 300 last year and im 5 points off if it does not go up. I understand that there are people with way higher points than the minimum 300 applying for this course who will get first preference, those using it as a back way to teaching etc. So are my chances of getting in on second or third round offers basically non existent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

CK204 :O

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Badger101

Hoping for Primary Teaching in St Pats. Was 470 last year and I got 465. Nervous to say the least!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

edelg wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have applied for Arts in NUIG as my first choice. The points were 300 last year and im 5 points off if it does not go up. I understand that there are people with way higher points than the minimum 300 applying for this course who will get first preference, those using it as a back way to teaching etc. So are my chances of getting in on second or third round offers basically non existent?

They're not non-existant, given that arts courses generally have come down over last few years, but you're certainly not home free. You will have a better idea once you see the first round points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

peekachoo wrote: »
    CK204 :O

Finance? If so see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

/ chat thread **

What the **** is this. A mutiny? I'll have yer head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

****ting a brick! Don't want anything other than 1/2 choice,

shawki wrote: »
    Finance? If so see you there!

oh my bad I meant ck402, always mix em up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

I just thought I'd start a thread for the CAO offers starting from tomorrow onwards.

Post below what you are hoping for, and where you would like to study it.

Also, who is staying up all night for the offers starting at 6am?

Post away lads! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭andrew369

40 points clear for arts muahahah

75 points clear for CS and IT

I'm hoping that some people would check for threads before creating unnecessary ones.

Join the party here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057018240

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Congratulations, OP, on this being the official 'Offers' thread. This thread is one of the highlights of my year, because it's full of drama and I always want everyone to be delighted at 6.00 a.m. tomorrow.

But honestly, there is, actually, more than one way to achieve your goal - so please everyone, don't panic or be too disheartened.

The CAO points race is farcical, in a way - driven by supply and demand, rather than by common sense. But the wit and character shown by people posting on these threads over the years proves to me that the youth (and mature students) of Ireland have talent and abilities that goes way beyond exam grades.

It will be all right in the end - and if it's not all right - it's not the end. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭weirdspider

I'm for pharmacy in TCD too OP :) In saying that I'd happily accept any pharmacy offer, I just want to get started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

peekachoo wrote: »
    oh my bad I meant ck402, always mix em up :pac:

I was wondering how you managed to change to finance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Words of encouragement from The Traveling Wilburys for all ye nervous ones out there :)

Well it's all right...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

I wanted to do Marketing in CIT, missed out by ten points, only dropped by 5 the past 3 years.

I'm now left with Hospitality Management in CIT, points wise I'm almost certain I have it.

Originally, I wanted to do Business Studies in CIT but long story short, I messed up my CAO.

Nonetheless, I'm happy with Hospitality Management but anything coins happen, everything happens for a reason lads, remember that! :)

Jade. wrote: »
    I was wondering how you managed to change to finance :pac:

that would end well. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Computing in NCI, 50 points clear so should be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I'm 70 points in the clear for Science at TCD, so I should be okay. :)

Still nervous though. I have a few friends who are 5-10 points above/below their respective courses and I want them all to get what they want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭ahmdoda

really hope pharmacy drops this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

I'm 70 points in the clear for Science at TCD, so I should be okay. :)

Still nervous though. I have a few friends who are 5-10 points above/below their respective courses and I want them all to get what they want!

every second person in carlow wants to do science :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Intu

I'm 5 points over the 440 needed for my course in DCU, needless to say I'm ****ting they will go up 10 and leave me screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭TehFionnster

I know it may seem ridiculous, but I care not.
    Is there any chance at all the points for medicine will drop?

Advertisement