Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** CAO Offers - the OFFICIAL waiting thread - LINK to Points list in FIRST POST ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 whateverusay

Flabangav wrote: »
    I'm in Veterinary Med too :D

if we all get campus accommodation, we should try and get same house!..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

LCchancer wrote: »
    its all innocent hahahaha

We know what on your mind now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

In some ways, that's true.

They were anxious enough to get in there too though.

It would be probably be more accurate to say that both colleges were anxious to have it happen, and to happen in a positive way which allowed Froebel to keep elements of its identity and ethos which were important to it, and yet allowed Maynooth to become the first college in Ireland to offer professional qualifications to educators at all the levels: pre-school, primary, post-primary and adult education, all on the same campus.

Forgot about this, apologies.

Yeah, you've pretty much summed it up. The impression I got is that Maynooth were certainly as eager, if not more eager, to get Froebel there. Works very well for both sides, as you've outlined. But make no mistake, for the first few years anyway, Froebel will be as good as an autonomous college. It won't be for a few years until Maynooth start to put their stamp on the course so we've been told. We've gotten our timetables and there are only minor differences just to keep in line with exams out there. Only annoying thing is we start (not the first years for any freshers reading this) on the 2nd, whereas NUIM don't actually start for 2 more weeks afaik :(. Looking forward to the experience of a campus myself, but I don't want to leave Dublin at the same time, especially for a town that doesn't even have a cinema:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

THFC wrote: »
    But make no mistake, for the first few years anyway, Froebel will be as good as an autonomous college.
    Well, I can't see Maynooth saying "oh right, you're here, now we're changing everything!"

Would make no sense tbh.
    THFC wrote: »
    Only annoying thing is we start (not the first years for any freshers reading this) on the 2nd, whereas NUIM don't actually start for 2 more weeks afaik :( Looking forward to the experience of a campus myself, but I don't want to leave Dublin at the same time, especially for a town that doesn't even have a cinema :eek:
    Why so early, if your exams are the same time as the university?

Ah, it's obviously not Dublin, but there's a fairly good social life from what I know; would tend to revolve around the college a lot obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

7fGfdJ.jpg

:p

What site did you get the comparison thingy? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daleyford

Anyone heard any word from any of their colleges yet?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Daleyford wrote: »

Yeah got my NCI pack this morning, but they all seem to be missing the login details that they said should be included.....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hitchcock

Daleyford wrote: »

I got a welcome letter from Marino yesterday, for the B. Ed, promising a registration pack and login details before the end of August! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Got something for UL this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Daniel7740 wrote: »
    exact same as yourself only I got 405 points.
    ive been told that the points didn't come down in the second round last year :confused:

ill take engineering in cit if I don't get the second round offer though so im not to badly off

Haha if the points don't come down looks like we're both going to CIT! I'm gonna be doing Agriculture there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 TripShip

7fGfdJ.jpg

Where did you get this from!?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

Does anyone know what is involved on registration day in CIT?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Apopholis

So happy I got computer science in UCC. Can't wait to get started. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well, I can't see Maynooth saying "oh right, you're here, now we're changing everything!"

Would make no sense tbh.

Why so early, if your exams are the same time as the university?

Ah, it's obviously not Dublin, but there's a fairly good social life from what I know; would tend to revolve around the college a lot obviously.

I know, I was just explaining why I said what I said at first.

Don't know yet tbh, our exam timetable hasn't come out but we generally only have summer exams because of teaching practice. It says on our calender that we've exams up until the 7th June, but it's likely we'll be finished by the 24th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

7fGfdJ.jpg

Feck it, why didnt I go to RCSI, theres more guys there ;)

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Feck it, why didnt I go to RCSI, theres more guys there ;)

Might want to check the maths on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Might want to check the maths on that one.

Well compared to the other colleges it has a lower female to male ratio :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

I have course that was 8th on my list offered to me, but I want to see if I get offered anything higher in my 2nd round. If I accept the course that's being offered to me at the moment will I be unable to get an offer in the 2nd round?

mossy95 wrote: »
    I have course that was 8th on my list offered to me, but I want to see if I get offered anything higher in my 2nd round. If I accept the course that's being offered to me at the moment will I be unable to get an offer in the 2nd round?

If you accept your current offer you will still be offered a 2nd round offer but only if you are entitled to one. A place in one of your higher preferences may not open up.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

Hey quick few questions here, lets say my offer is accepted and the course is attended for the first few weeks, and subsequently I decided its not for me, dropping out.
    Am I required to pay all the first year registration fees and all that?
    Also, if I repeat the LC and take a course the following year, will I have lost my free fees thing for first year?

• Advertisement

You will loose the government tuition if you repeat second year. You could look for an internal transfer to a more preferable course but more than likely you would have to wait until next year or change college.
    AFAIK its up to the college to give you your student contribution back or not.
    More than likely yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bumblefoot

What site did you get the comparison thingy? :)

the website is coursehub :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Kirby2k07 wrote: »
    Hey quick few questions here, lets say my offer is accepted and the course is attended for the first few weeks, and subsequently I decided its not for me, dropping out.
    Also, if I repeat the LC and take a course the following year, will I have lost my free fees thing for first year?

If you drop out before October 31st (I think, it might be earlier in October) you wont lose your free fees when you start a new course. Check the fees section of the college website for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kirby2k07

Yeah I've looked at the tcd site and it says you have until 31rst of Jan to notify them that you have withdrawn, and do not lose "free-fees status". But it also states that the reason for this is to enable no payment of a second instalment, whatever that means??
    Can anyone tell when you are actually required to pay the 2335 registration fee? It'd kinda suck to throw two grand out the window....

mossy95 wrote: »
    OulDublinHead gave you the correct answer, Mossy, if you become entitled to an offer in Round 2 or subsequently it will be offered to you whether you have accepted or rejected a previous offer.

Do have a read of the CAO offers sticky here.
    Kirby2k07 wrote: »
    If you drop out before October 31st (I think, it might be earlier in October) you wont lose your free fees when you start a new course. Check the fees section of the college website for information.
    The date can vary between colleges; it all depends on when they generally send their stats / lists off to the HEA. Check their website; contact their Fees Office if anything is unclear.

It is VERY important if you drop out that you contact the college and officially withdraw / deregister.

Just not turning up and presuming that you are now officially withdraw is a very very bad idea ... yet people do it every year!

TCD start later than the others, so that may be the correct date. Be careful though that they're not just talking about paying the second moiety of the Student Contribution Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

If someone accepts an offer in the 1st round, but then gets a higher preference in the 2nd round and accepts that instead, when will the newly opened place (the one they vacated from the 1st round) be offered to another person? Would that be a 3rd round offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ReemAddict

Hi lads,

I created a thread for CIT freshers (first years). It's for students to communicate about the courses that they are doing etc. I think it's a good way to make friends, and even discuss courses etc. I would link the thread but I don't know how. It's called CIT STUDENTS 2013 so if you search it you'll find it. Have a glance at it anyway, sure what harm? :)
    Cheers lads! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

Has anyone gotten registration details from Trinity yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

Kenney wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten registration details from Trinity yet?

Nope! They're notorious for being slow with these type of things apparently

• Advertisement

welchy wrote: »
    If someone accepts an offer in the 1st round, but then gets a higher preference in the 2nd round and accepts that instead, when will the newly opened place (the one they vacated from the 1st round) be offered to another person? Would that be a 3rd round offer?
    Yep, though "3rd round" is pretty much informal ... offers sent out as they occur.

Tbh, there aren't usually many, as colleges often assume that they will lose some Rd 1 acceptances as a result of subsequent Round 2 offers, and that some offers they make themselves in Rd 2 won't be taken up, and offer slightly above the number of places they actually have to compensate for this.

Advertisement