Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sami Jenkis

Hey folks, first post but thought i'd throw in my tuppenceworth. I'd agree that DLS are definitely the team that everybody's chasing. They're strong and compact all over the field. However, as the old cliche goes, it's all on the day and who's to say they can't be caught? If B'gunner, Mt Sion and Abbeyside win this weekend, then it would make for a DLS-Bgunner quarter final, which would be very interesting indeed.

When you take DLS out of it, there's really not a lot between 5 or 6 of the other teams. After their very shaky start, Ballygunner still have the fire power and talent to go all the way, however the loss of Wayne Hutchinson for the rest of the year is a big blow. It should be an interesting game against Passage this weekend, but one I can see the gunners coming out of.

Passage themselves are certainly on a high at the moment, apart from the obvious threat of Kelly they a young fit team, who have blended well together. May fall a bit short this year, but certainly a team on the up.
    Lismore have really been disappointing so far. From a team that I thought could be an outside bet to win it, their fate is out of their own hands this weekend. Their defence looks shaky with Shane Kearney a huge loss for them, as he has always been a reliable club player. They still have a lot of great individual players, and will be a tough game for anyone in the quarters if they get there. If results go for them on Sunday, I could see them playing Mt Sion in the QF, which should be a cracking tie. Although poor against Passage, they still have a very capable team, although the loss of M O'Neill and Galgey to serious leg injuries was a huge blow for them. Nobody has been saying much about fourmilewater who are quietly going about their business, maybe not in the same fashion as last year, but winning none the less. A very good team on their day, and one that teams will like to avoid in knockout.
    I also wouldn't wrote Abbeyside off yet. They are a big strong, physical team who are very direst, and with Pudge Hurney a serious handfull in FF, they are capable of an upset on their day.

For this weekend's games, I hear DLS are missing 7 or 8 players, including Moran and Mullane so you couldn't rule out a Tallow win, which would knock Lismore out! Although for all group games, I would predict Fourmile to beat Ballyduff, Lismore to beat An Rinn and DLS to beat Tallow in 1 group. And on the other side should be a cracker between Abbeyside and Dungarvan, with A'Side prevailing. After last week's great showing Gunners will be on a high, and I expect them to dispose of Passage. And Mount Sion should still have more than enough for Roanmore given their injuries and young Gleeson suspended. If all the above happen then it would make quarter finals of.....

De La Salle vs Ballygunner
    Mount Sion vs Lismore
    Fourmilewater vs Abbeyside
    Ballyduff vs Passage

Some crackers there!!!

P.s, apologies for the long 1st post!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭robopaddy

The Cccccccccccccc have rejected limericks appeal on technical grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

robopaddy wrote: »

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/3/2208131929-cccc-press-release/

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭lovelypoint

The CCCC is precluded by Rule 7.10 (n) from considering the objection: “No objection or counter-objection may be submitted on grounds that a referee had incorrectly allowed or failed to allow a score.”

That's a nice clause to have..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

Don't think that argument stands up really in fairness, pretty sure the ref didn't allow it because he felt obliged by Hawkeye, not because he actually thought it was wide. Hope Limerick will continue through the appeals process as I do genuinely feel they were shafted but it also allows us to stay nicely under the radar. After this weekend's senior games the minor games are being put back to allow a two week break from competitive games and by God do some of our lads need it.

• Advertisement

That's a nice clause to have..

A cop out. Basically trying to shaft responsibility on the ref who actually had a fine game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

A cop out. Basically trying to shaft responsibility on the ref who actually had a fine game

I wonder if this had happened to Dublin or Cork would it have been dismissed out of hand in such a derisory fashion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Are dls really missing 7 or 8 against tallow? The west side might be worth a few pound in the bookies @ 5/1

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Are dls really missing 7 or 8 against tallow? The west side might be worth a few pound in the bookies @ 5/1

Well as far as I hear, they're missing Ian Flynn, Moran, Twomey, Mullane, John Keane, and obviously Daniels gone for the year. The 1st 2 are the spine of their defence, and besides Dillon, Mul and Keane are probably their most prominent scorers. 5/1 might not be a bad outside shout.
    I've heard Abbeyside are around 13/8 to beat Dungarvan?? If so that's where my money will be going this weekend!!!

Well as far as I hear, they're missing Ian Flynn, Moran, Twomey, Mullane, John Keane, and obviously Daniels gone for the year. The 1st 2 are the spine of their defence, and besides Dillon, Mul and Keane are probably their most prominent scorers. 5/1 might not be a bad outside shout.
    I've heard Abbeyside are around 13/8 to beat Dungarvan?? If so that's where my money will be going this weekend!!!
    Jesus Tallow wouldn't be a bad shout so, they need a win to go through. Abbeyside down to 11/10 now! I was waiting for the ballygunner price to be posted up and I'd say a number of people are after backing abbeyside now. Be evens by sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Well its definitely Waterford v Galway Minors as Limerick were denied a replay.

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Well its definitely Waterford v Galway Minors as Limerick were denied a replay.

Whether this whole thing will have a psychological effect on Galway or whether it will galvinise them will be interesting to see. The powers that be will ve hoping for a waterford wun thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DeiseX

Does anyone know when the next stage of the Limerick appeal will be? Have they another avenue if they are denied by the CACCCCCCCCCC??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 chef89

De La Salle missing 7 or 8? Word on the street anyway, I'm backing Tallow at 5/1 anyway. A De la Salle loss would put Lismore out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

If this isn't sorted by 8th September, do we win by default? Not that I'm wishing for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭deiseach

Lads (and lasses, but in the context I think 'lads' is gender-neutral), what's the deal with the work in Walsh Park? What can we expect to be in place at the end?

deiseach wrote: »
    Lads (and lasses, but in the context I think 'lads' is gender-neutral), what's the deal with the work in Walsh Park? What can we expect to be in place at the end?

Tiered, concrete terraces with better access ? Just guessing, am curious too since I heard the announcement on wlr a little while back..

Tiered, concrete terraces with better access ? Just guessing, am curious too since I heard the announcement on wlr a little while back..

concreting the mud banks can slip on them dead handy ,the CB just asking to be sued

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Where is this 5/1 coming from? No odds online.

Looking forward ot the games, hope to head to a couple. Pity all the games are on at the same time but I get why its being done that way.

Where is this 5/1 coming from? No odds online.

Looking forward ot the games, hope to head to a couple. Pity all the games are on at the same time but I get why its being done that way.
    I was only guessing the price because that's around what they usually offer in this situation, it looks like the county champions against a struggling team but that's not the case this weekend if de la salle are missing 7 or 8 players. Is this game on sat or sunday night?

I was only guessing the price because that's around what they usually offer in this situation, it looks like the county champions against a struggling team but that's not the case this weekend if de la salle are missing 7 or 8 players. Is this game on sat or sunday night?

Tomorrow night:

De La Salle v Tallow @ Fraher Field
    Ballyduff Upper v Fourmilewater @ Cappoquin
    Lismore v An Rinn @ Clashmore

Sunday:

Abbeyside v Dungarvan @ Fraher Field
    Ballygunner v Passage @ Walsh Park
    Mounst Sion v Roanmore @ Kill

All games throw in at 7pm this weekend.

concreting the mud banks can slip on them dead handy ,the CB just asking to be sued

Not if they're tiered/ stepped..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

wheres the best place to park in Cappoquin?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭parish girl

Dungarvan

If you're heading to the match tomorrow, depending on how early you are there are parking spcaes just outside the grounds. But the teams will be there 45 mins in advance so they probably won't be there when you get down. They do have a yard in the grounds, but dunno if they'll open it or not given it's pay at the gate, maybe theyll; have someone there collecting money.

After that, you;d have to go up the town and look for parking spaces, not great really when it comes to parking.

About time we did somethin with dat place tho in fairness its an embarrassment

Anybody hear about Maurice Shanahan breaking his knuckle during the week??????

• Advertisement

weldone to Antrim u21s and their manager Kevin 'skin' Ryan. What a job he has done with them. Shame to think his own county board dont see him as good enough to manage his own county

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement