Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Mark Shanahan Erins Own and Stephen Dalton De la Salle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Giveitfong wrote: »
    Who are the S Dalton and M Shanahan from Waterford who played for the University of Limerick in the Freshers League final yesterday? UL beat UCC in extra time. Patrick Curran was listed at right half forward for UCC and scored 1-7, 1-6 from frees. Conor Gleeson came on as a sub.
    Are you allowed play both football and hurling with the freshers? I'd love to see Gleeson choose the football and give it a real go for Waterford rather than be #26 for the hurlers in years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭HatchetMan7

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Are you allowed play both football and hurling with the freshers? I'd love to see Gleeson choose the football and give it a real go for Waterford rather than be #26 for the hurlers in years to come

Ya the Waterford footballers should build their team around Connor gleeson. Is he on the football panel or hurling panel or neither?

How is it that county teams playing on Sunday have already named their starting 15, yet Waterford haven't named their side and we are playing tomorrow. Either have offaly as far as i can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

How is it that county teams playing on Sunday have already named their starting 15, yet Waterford haven't named their side and we are playing tomorrow. Either have offaly as far as i can see.

All the Waterford hurling teams have been named after Friday night training so far (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭3ships

Dillon in for Bennett - only change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭seananigans

The Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Offaly on Saturday in Tullamore at 3pm has just been announced!
    1. Stephen O’Keeffe Ballygunner
    2. Shane Fives Tourin
    3. Barry Coughlan Ballygunner
    4. Noel Connors Passage
    5. Tadhg de Búrca Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount Sion
    7. Philip Mahony Ballygunner
    8. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo
    10. Kevin Moran (Captain) De La Salle
    11. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12. Jake Dillon De La Salle
    13. Brian O’Halloran Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    14. Michael Walsh Stradbally
    15. Michael Kearney Ballyduff Upper

The Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Offaly on Saturday in Tullamore at 3pm has just been announced!
    2. Shane Fives Tourin
    4. Noel Connors Passage
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo

I'm surprised to see Kearney and devine start again. There good young players with loads of potential, but I thought they struggled a bit in first two games. I'm sure shanahan and Colin dunford will get 15+ min. They will add plenty more competition in the forward line. That team should win by 6+ tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Deise189

2. Shane Fives Tourin
    4. Noel Connors Passage
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo

Looks like McGrath is sticking with a team that will remain mostly the same come championship. Kearney out for Maurice, Devine out for Daragh Fives (if fit, SOS otherwise) and one of the bennetts on for Dillon maybe. That would be a pretty good team for the Cork game IMO.

Deise189 wrote: »
    Looks like McGrath is sticking with a team that will remain mostly the same come championship. Kearney out for Maurice, Devine out for Daragh Fives (if fit, SOS otherwise) and one of the bennetts on for Dillon maybe. That would be a pretty good team for the Cork game IMO.

Ya I agree although wouldn't mind seen brick go full back. We have more options in the forward line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭carter10

I think you are underestimating his ability as a hurler, if he does go on to play hurling he'll be on the team or very close

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭carter10

O6Gr_d2rFb90I61wt_p4sQY6aSDw9nXpyPBQaMkmnPdU-E66q1n35KlGjsr3yWJLEsKLOjkiDgM=w1342-h547

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

He is a fantastic hurler

carter10 wrote: »
    I think you are underestimating his ability as a hurler, if he does go on to play hurling he'll be on the team or very close

At minor level he was top 5 footballer in Munster in hurling he wasn't top 5 in Waterford to be fair. He could potentially be similar importance in football to Waterford as declan brown or Matty Forde were for Tipp and Wexford.

At minor level he was top 5 footballer in Munster in hurling he wasn't top 5 in Waterford to be fair. He could potentially be similar importance in football to Waterford as declan brown or Matty Forde were for Tipp and Wexford.

Who would wish that on anyone? Being totally superior to all your team mates, but never winning anything other then personal recognition... When you retire viewed as a waste by every other county for not transferring and when you retire the county team is in a worse position then when you started.

He is a great hurler, he won a minor as a 16 year old, he will be an important player for us there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

carter10 wrote: »
    I know, don't get me wrong I think he's a very good hurler, but he's going to have to compete with the Bennetts, Patrick Curran, Michael Kearney, DJ Foran, Cormac Curran, Colm Roche, Donie Breathnach, Brian O'Halloran, Paudie Mahony, Jake Dillon, Colin Dunford, Tom Devine, Ryan Donnelly etc for a starting place in the forwards. Can't see a place for him in the backline, I would hope Aussie Gleeson Tadhg Bourke and Philip Mahony/Darragh Fives will be our half backs for the next 5-10 years.

So with last years minor football team, we could get Gleeson, Jack Mullaney, Ciaran O'Neill, the 2 Guiry's, Conor Murray, Joe Allen and Michael Sweeney playing Senior in a number of years, I really think Waterford can make progress at Senior Football if they can get the dedication from these lads. I would love to see it happen anyway

Who would wish that on anyone? Being totally superior to all your team mates, but never winning anything other then personal recognition... When you retire viewed as a waste by every other county for not transferring and when you retire the county team is in a worse position then when you started.

He is a great hurler, he won a minor as a 16 year old, he will be an important player for us there yet

I'm sure declan brown inspired some of that tipp minor football team that won an all Ireland a few years back. Tipp football has improved a lot over the last 5/10 years. As for Wexford they were unlucky not to win a Leinster title with Matty Forde. Fair enough though if he is there or there abouts with senior hurling starting 15 then you couldn't fault him for playing hurling.

I'm sure declan brown inspired some of that tipp minor football team that won an all Ireland a few years back. Tipp football has improved a lot over the last 5/10 years. As for Wexford they were unlucky not to win a Leinster title with Matty Forde. Fair enough though if he is there or there abouts with senior hurling starting 15 then you couldn't fault him for playing hurling.

Tipp won the minor because they put great structures in place and fair play to them for that. They were probably inspired but a lot of people, but inspiration doesn't get you that far.

Ya he is right to stick with the hurlers if he is there or there abouts

• Registered Users Posts: 13 logbox

Has Shane Bennett withdrawn from the Senior Hurling panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

logbox wrote: »
    Has Shane Bennett withdrawn from the Senior Hurling panel?

I believe so. Leaving Cert coming up so priorities must be put in place. Wondering was his withdrawal brought forward seeing as he went playing soccer last Sunday and wasn't at the Tipperary game?

• Advertisement

cul beag wrote: »
    I believe so. Leaving Cert coming up so priorities must be put in place. Wondering was his withdrawal brought forward seeing as he went playing soccer last Sunday and wasn't at the Tipperary game?

He will be back in June once the leaving is done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

cul beag wrote: »

Is he back playing for glenview? Seriously talented baller aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Whats the craic with coverage today? Is it on WLR/Setanta?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

SOK
    Fives
    Coughlan
    Connors
    Deburca
    Gleeson
    Philip Mahony
    Barron
    Moran
    Dunford
    Paudie Mahony
    Jake
    Brian o halloran
    Brick
    Shane Bennett

Thats team i thought was starting

SOK
    Fives
    Coughlan
    Connors
    Deburca
    Gleeson
    Philip Mahony
    Barron
    Moran
    Dunford
    Paudie Mahony
    Jake
    Brian o halloran
    Brick
    Shane Bennett

Thats team i thought was starting

Tomas McCarthy has confirmed the same.

Here, does anyone know a website I can get WLR live on? Their own live player isn't working for me at all.

Here, does anyone know a website I can get WLR live on? Their own live player isn't working for me at all.

Try tunein app on android or iTunes

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Stream seems borked on tunein too
    Damn youuuu wlr

Stream seems borked on tunein too
    Damn youuuu wlr

Nooooooo

Midlands radio maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Midlands here