Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Deal Breakers

Options

Comments

Get with the programme (GWTP!)!! :mad:

I forgot use of acronyms :)

I suppose you'd have to pretty blind to get into a relationship, and only then find out he's a smelly Hitler sympathiser with a God fixation, but some people are really good at showing their best side and only letting the truth slip when they feel settled and safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Excessive puking and/or pooing during coitus.

Whats excessive? More than once?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

You're very tolerant, most people would say any puking/pooing.

You haven't seen me :D A little is ok. It's what I've come to expect.

I forgot farting.

If he thinks farting is hilarious, he's a non-runner.

Candie wrote: »
    I forgot farting.

Damn those runners and their straight-faced serious farts. Actually, that would be really creepy - if some stranger was looking at you all serious-like, farted, and kept the same intense stare afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

Body odour would be a big no no for me. If he started to smell he'd be out the gap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

I forgot farting.

I agree with you on most point generally but not this!

My boyfriends farts excessively (Spanish. Healthy mediterranean diet. They all do.) and he always laughs after it as do I. Juvenile as it is, farting is a comical sound. He had to stifle it the first few months together and when he finally let one rip, I knew he loved me.

Not sure how I'll feel about it 20 years down the line though.

I forgot farting.

What do you expect him to do? hold it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Hairy muff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

UCDVet wrote: »
    For me, it's change. Maybe that's not fair, but I am who I am.

Every single time I've broken up with a girl, it's been because she's changed (or stopped misrepresenting herself) in some way that I didn't like.

I'm no prize pig....and I'm not that shallow. But I really can't stand when someone "let's themselves go". I mean, just be who you are...because that's what I'm signing up for. Whether it is gaining weight, or changing clothing styles or whatever. It really seems like there is this pattern where the cute girl you met at that party with a great body, nice face, good clothes turns into a frumpy chick wearing sweatpants to Eddie Rockets. Then, when you two do break up, she immediately reverts back to what she used to.
    I've not had that myself thankfully, but I've seen it with mates of mine's partners and not just the women either. I've seen blokes turn into slobs sofa surfing while chugging takeout watching the match. Check out their wardrobe, if there's a range of sizes like in a shop then not so good.
    THFC wrote: »
    With-holding sex to get something. Thanks, but no thanks.
    +1000.
    I suppose you'd have to pretty blind to get into a relationship, and only then find out he's a smelly Hitler sympathiser with a God fixation, but some people are really good at showing their best side and only letting the truth slip when they feel settled and safe.
    Oh people can be pretty blind. I've found the ladies to often be their own worst enemy on this score. Maybe because they can mistake horniness for affection more often, but men get blindsided by a nice rack often enough too. One tip, check out how they interact with members of the opposite sex when around you, cos that's likely how they're gonna treat you once the initial excitement has waned.

Tip two, forget if you think they're hot, listen and I mean listen to what they tell you about themselves. People's fave subject is nearly always themselves and they're usually brutally honest too, but often masked in jest. EG "Oh I can be a bit jealous" *tee hee, big eyes and smile* = I'll be searching through your emails to back up my "gut feeling" you're cheating. "I see your man looking at you" *stern face* = run to the effin hills.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

starWave wrote: »

He could be discreet, instead of roaring and bellowing about it.

He could be discreet, instead of roaring and bellowing about it.

Well yea, that's rude. but sometimes you can't stop the noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I find that chicks with extremely hairy fannies to be something of a turn off

What turns me off is someone who is overly dedicated to their jobs.

I have no problems with anyone achieving what they want but there are other important things in life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Her problem isn't with a guy farting, it's him being juvenile enough to think it's hilarious.

Her problem isn't with a guy farting, it's him being juvenile enough to think it's hilarious.

It is hilarious Anyone who cant appreciate a big strong fart is weird

Come on though. How awkward would it be if nobody laughed? If I let one out in the presence of my (theoretical) gf or other people I didn't want to fart in front of and nobody laughed I'd probably panic laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Baggy labia.

bonus points for playing a tune

bur wrote: »
    Baggy labia.

Yeah. That's an issue

• Advertisement

Come on though. How awkward would it be if nobody laughed? If I let one out in the presence of my (theoretical) gf or other people I didn't want to fart in front of and nobody laughed I'd probably panic laugh.
    Every single time though? What if you're together 3 yrs - will every fart still be funny or awkward?

bonus points for playing a tune

Defo. Farting the national anthem should carry bonus points in the leaving

Every single time though? What if you're together 3 yrs - will every fart still be funny or awkward?

Of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I find that chicks with extremely hairy fannies to be something of a turn off

Purely out of genuine curiosity Wacker, but have you ever, when in the throes of passion and you're confronted by shall we say by a rather hairy area, would you ever have said "Ehh, no, I can't do this!"...

Be honest now... :pac:

(I was going to ask Wacker would you attack her tackle with a weed whacker, but it was a bit of a mouthful :eek:)

If a man is ebulliently farting his approval of a political speech with a scowl upon his face, I can imagine that being pretty sexy. Otherwise it's pathetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Quaint Village

+1

No. Not the ones that happen in during sleep.

Of course
    No. Not the ones that happen in during sleep.
    Out of curiousity, how old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

How would the farters feel if their girlfriend took the same approach?

• Advertisement

How would the farters feel if their girlfriend took the same approach?

It's an awful, awful feeling.

Advertisement