Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Deal Breakers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Lazy, useless, unmotivated, dirty, ignorant and tacky

Oh and a lack of style puts me right off. Not looking for expensive labels, just well a sense of style

You just summed me up in 2 sentences.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

My two major ones are:

Wanting babies
    Religious

It would never work...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This post has been deleted.

Is this a euphemism? Because we're designed to breathe through our nose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭josip

simonsays1 wrote: »
    cheating
    lying
    Guys who are obsessed with their iphones
    lazy
    needy
    eats like an animal and bad manners in general
    has traditional views regarding women
    super religious and preachy about it. yuk!

This reads like a pen picture of an ex

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Is this a euphemism? Because we're designed to breathe through our nose

Although I do breathe through my nose (and mouth) I think they mean people who don't realise they're making a very audible wheezy whistle as they breathe. This is particularly annoying when sitting next to people in the cinema for example. Once you hear it it's all you hear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭Gambas

poor sense of humour
    poor intellect
    emotional baggage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

BillG wrote: »
    ...but did you notice how touchy, feely people are getting recently?

Haven't noticed a single difference. Except that I smell worse now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

My list seems really long comparatively - might be a clue here why I'm single.

No work-ethic / career apathy. Longterm doley (I'm not talking someone who lost their job & had to sign on) - absolutely no chance.
    No style. If you want to wear jeans, t-shirts & trainers all the time, no problem. But wear nice ones that are cut well and fit you. Same goes for suits or whatever.
    Hygiene. Bleurgh. My last romantic encounter ended swiftly when after moving things along to the next level he got up the next day, decided not to shower & go straight to work. He wasn't late or anythign he just wasn't bothered. I asked him did he shower every day, he shrugged.
    Racism, sexism. Self-explanatory.
    Passionless. If there's no fire, you're nothign more than friends.
    Fat, lazy & out of shape. I don't really care about looks because it's a matter of luck but there is no excuse for being a slob. (Ironically these always seem to be the blokes most critical of women's bodies.)
    Extreme grooming / vanity. You're a man, I'm a woman. Please behave accordingly.
    Excessive swearing. Is your vocabulary so limited you have to resort to sewer talk all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Katgurl wrote: »
    Excessive swearing. Is your vocabulary so limited you have to resort to sewer talk all the time?

Or my vocabulary's so excessive I have many fine swear words for a multitude of situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I hear ''long term unemployed'' mentioned a lot but any guy like that I've ever known has always had a woman - and I'm not necessarily talking about people you'd see on Jeremy Kyle either. The funny thing is, they all had tons of confidence despite their shortcomings. I guess quite a lot of those men are often put into the lovable rogue category.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

A few have already been mentioned

* Lack of in depth simpsons knowledge/ability to appreciate obscure quotes.
    *Farting. I don't want to know about it.
    *Religious
    *Really traditional views on life
    * Wants offspring
    *Constantly late for things
    *No passion
    *Racist/Sexist
    *Litters/doesn't care about environment
    *If they're not an animal lover ( I don't think I'd be able to relate to them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

bronte wrote: »
    A few have already been mentioned

* Lack of in depth simpsons knowledge/ability to appreciate obscure quotes.
    *Farting. I don't want to know about it.
    *Religious
    *Really traditional views on life
    * Wants offspring
    *Constantly late for things
    *No passion
    *Racist/Sexist
    *Litters/doesn't care about environment
    *If they're not an animal lover ( I don't think I'd be able to relate to them)

So your single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Too many women here want a sense of style and fitness in their men. They tend to be single, mainly because the men they're looking for are gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

So your single

No oddly enough...I'm royally screwed if this ever goes tits up though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

not being a nympho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Doesn't have sex before marriage

Wants marriage after sex..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

-Sexism

-Extreme grooming / vanity. You're a man, I'm a woman. Please behave accordingly.

I'm slightly confused, Is it not a bit sexist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

who_me wrote: »
    Wants marriage after sex..

Or you could say "wants sex after marriage" haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Too many women here want a sense of style and fitness in their men. They tend to be single, mainly because the men they're looking for are gay.

I think what they're really saying there is they don't want a fat bastard who goes to the pub in a tracksuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm slightly confused, Is it not a bit sexist?

Not when it comes from a woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Earlier join date/bigger post count than me, I couldn't live with that! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

- women who still own/buy teddy bears
    - bad teeth
    - bitchiness/scorpy
    - fattatating on the couch watching soaps all day

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭GTDolanator

No work-ethic / career apathy. Longterm doley (I'm not talking someone who lost their job & had to sign on) - absolutely no chance.
    No style. If you want to wear jeans, t-shirts & trainers all the time, no problem. But wear nice ones that are cut well and fit you. Same goes for suits or whatever.
    Hygiene. Bleurgh. My last romantic encounter ended swiftly when after moving things along to the next level he got up the next day, decided not to shower & go straight to work. He wasn't late or anythign he just wasn't bothered. I asked him did he shower every day, he shrugged.
    Fat, lazy & out of shape. I don't really care about looks because it's a matter of luck but there is no excuse for being a slob. (Ironically these always seem to be the blokes most critical of women's bodies.)
    Extreme grooming / vanity. You're a man, I'm a woman. Please behave accordingly.

Is your name karen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

So basically you want to go out with yourself?

Mine:
    Finding out she has a pre-conceived image of the man she wants. It only ends badly. You cannot be what she wants, no one can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

So a non-ignorant, knowledable, articulate, polite but passionate, driven but already successful man, who is also very clean, fit, healthy, active and well dressed but not too much of these as he may then not be manly enough for you?

.....would you like all of your cats now or would you rather start with one and annually add to your collection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Billiethepup

Never ending talk about their ex 'bitch' of a girlfriend! Don't wanna hear it, and when you don't shut up moaning about her I start to see her point!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Someone who expects me to pay for everything, went out with a woman for 3 months and every weekend we were out it was me that had to pay even though her weekly salary was double my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

A girl who has a good career but has to want kids too.
    Looks wouldn't be too high up there but a girl who puts some time into her appearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Someone who expects me to pay for everything, went out with a woman for 3 months and every weekend we were out it was me that had to pay even though her weekly salary was double my own.

This really grinds my gears. They never make it to date 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Extreme right wingittude
    Poor hygiene
    Being generally selfish/inconsiderate
    No effort in bed

Advertisement