Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Deal Breakers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

NothingMan wrote: »
    Exactly. I drove my bmw for a year before I moved and in that time I did not become an aggressive, tail-gating, using the right lane til I can push in the front of the queue on the left lane, undertaking speed demon. I was still a courteous and safe driver and would be in a BMW, the corsa I have for now or the Porsche I someday want.

I borrowed my sister's Prelude for a couple of weeks and I swear I was never at the receiving end of so much aggression in my life. In one case I had a middle aged woman with three other white haired ladies come against me on the wrong side of the road and when she stopped looking out the side window and figured out she was about to be in a huge crash, she swerved back onto her side of the road and started shouting and gesturing at me. I did nothing but glare at her. I'm certain if it hadn't been the Prelude, she would have had a bit more humility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

What the hell? I was expecting this thread to be full of "small tits/dicks" (delete as applicable) and here's you all talking about cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Caonima wrote: »
    "small tits/dicks"
    Not really deal breakers tbh!

We have more class than that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

If they don't like Capri Suns and Green Pringles...

What? Your deal breaker is they be over 12 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

What the hell? I was expecting this thread to be full of "small tits/dicks" (delete as applicable) and here's you all talking about cars.

We've matured a lot around these parts!

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    We've matured a lot around these parts!

Which parts? Private parts? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

mitosis wrote: »
    You catch her sucking off your Da

Bit harsh no? What if your da is really hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its all true, Audi A6 driver on the M50 this morning, weaving in an out of lanes like a scene from Ronin when the busy traffic in all 3 lanes was moving at a very decent lick and everyone was getting where they wanted to be, there he was steering by draping one elbow over the wheel making exasperated gestures with the free hand as if to say "you inconvenient people are just ruining my day, dont you know who I am". You know who you are Mr 131-D in Grey with the S-Line spec

Meanwhile last night, spotted 06 Aston Martin Vantage driver a decent way back in my lane doing bang on 100 kph, driving passive defensive all the way until I slowed up so I could catch a listen to the engine and he made a perfect lane change, blipped the gearshift and eased past me doing never more than 110 before retaking his lane immaculately, sound driver, lovely motor

Relationship deal breaker? Being utterly drained by the permanent sour puss look on her maw.......

cantdecide wrote: »
    I'm certain if it hadn't been the Prelude, she would have had a bit more humility.

Casual prejudices = deal breaker

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Bit harsh no? What if your da is really hot?

If your Da was dead, then that's definitely a deal breaker

• Advertisement

Rasheed wrote: »
    Someone who didn't get on with my family would be a major one me

Yeah that's a very good one actually. I get on great with my family, spend time at home regularly and there is a very high possibility I will end up living very close or even building a house right beside my home place at some point so it couldn't work with someone who didn't get on with my family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

mikom wrote: »
    Looks like Noel Edmonds.....

Mr Blobby is ok though

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

If my other half was racist that would be a deal breaker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,712 ✭✭✭✭josip

Well at least we'll be dying in the presence of flawlessly perfect human beings. The consultants.

Unlikely. Peak dying time would be around 4-5am. Most consultants won't be in before 7*. Best we can hope for is a registrar. More than likely it'll be the night nurse but he/she'll be at the station covering 30 patients waiting for a call. If your family aren't there you'll probably depart this mortal coil alone.

* One notable exception being Prof O'K***e, a hero who tends to preemies eyes at 5.30am in Holles St.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Yeah that's a very good one actually. I get on great with my family, spend time at home regularly and there is a very high possibility I will end up living very close or even building a house right beside my home place at some point so it couldn't work with someone who didn't get on with my family.

Deal-breaker: Someone who wanted to live next door to mammy.

Malari wrote: »

This

There are lots of people living 'on the acre' their parents house was built on. I think you'd be a fool not to take advantage of a free site if it were suitable. Maybe moving into the same estate so you can be with your ma might be a different kettle of fish.

There are lots of people living 'on the acre' their parents house was built on. I think you'd be a fool not to take advantage of a free site if it were suitable. Maybe moving into the same estate so you can be with your ma might be a different kettle of fish.

Well, a free site comes with a cost I guess, doesn't it!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Depends on the mammy though. Some lads mightn't be able to move far from their home because of a farm. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a free site.

Yeah, I'm similar to that. I'm very close to my brothers and parents and if a partner couldn't deal with that or didn't click with them, they're gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Depends on the mammy though. Some lads mightn't be able to move far from their home because of a farm. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a free site.

how bigs your dowrey ;-)

I wouldn't turn my nose up at a free site.

A bit of road frontage is no deal breaker :pac:

This

Farm at home that I will eventually be taking care of along with lots of land on which I would have a free site on and be able to built a fantastic house in the way I want it.

I think its a pretty sad reflection of people who think wanting to live close to your family is a deal breaker. It doesn't even make any sense. I think its good to keep family close. My dads home house (where my aunt lives with her family), my home house (which dad had built) and hopefully my place could all be a stones throw from each other which is a nice touch imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

When it's a 'trap'.

how bigs your dowrey ;-)

Huge!!

A bit of road frontage is no deal breaker :pac:

Hard beat the road frontage. That and milk quota and I'm sold! Jesus I come across as such a farmer.......

Farm at home that I will eventually be taking care of along with lots of land on which I would have a free site on and be able to built a fantastic house in the way I want it.

I think its a pretty sad reflection of people who think wanting to live close to your family is a deal breaker. It doesn't even make any sense. I think its good to keep family close. My dads home house (where my aunt lives with her family), my home house (which dad had built) and hopefully my place could all be a stones throw from each other which is a nice touch imo.

I appreciate you're close to your family, as am I, but I find the idea of literally living next door to my family very parochial and constricting. I miss my family more when I'm away from them; if we were next door, we'd be sick of the sight of each other.

Also, I grew up in the sticks and since moving away I've had absolutely no desire to go back there to live.

Yeah, well a partner has to live next to the in-laws then. Whole other story. Ooooh, no thank-you, dear.

I appreciate you're close to your family, as am I, but I find the idea of literally living next door to my family very parochial and constricting. I miss my family more when I'm away from them; if we were next door, we'd be sick of the sight of each other.

Also, I grew up in the sticks and since moving away I've had absolutely no desire to go back there to live.

I'm pretty much the opposite, I never really wanted to leave (and only moved out at 23), I go home lots and very much look forward to being able to move back in the area again. Lots of my friends still live around and some are already working away on building houses at their home places in a similar way.

We would never get sick of each other or anything like that. I'd much prefer to be around than be missing my family.

I wouldn't find it at all constricting in anyway to be honest either.
    Yeah, well a partner has to live next to the in-laws then. .

And whats wrong with that if the person gets on with the in-laws? If they dont well we are back to the deal breaker of not getting on with family members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm pretty much the opposite, I never really wanted to leave (and only moved out at 23), I go home lots and very much look forward to being able to move back in the area again. Lots of my friends still live around and some are already working away on building houses at their home places in a similar way.

We would never get sick of each other or anything like that. I'd much prefer to be around than be missing my family.

I wouldn't find it at all constricting in anyway to be honest either.

And whats wrong with that if the person gets on with the in-laws? If they dont well we are back to the deal breaker of not getting on with family members.

It's not a matter of not getting on with your in laws nox it's just that some people may feel smothered by them. Myself included. I value my space too much.

Advertisement