Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Deal Breakers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I couldn't have a relationship with a woman if she was:

A smoker

An Adam Sandler/Pitbull fan
    Very hairy

Q: What do you do if your girlfriend smokes after sex?

A: Slow down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

1 direction fan... Just, no!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Talking about soccer too much. Or at all, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

smash wrote: »
    1 direction fan... Just, no!!!

Probably shouldn't be seeking a relationship with a prepubescent girl anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

If they like playing mind games.

And if they like Ed Sheeran.

They have no goals in life.

If they have a ****e sense of humour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Trying to influence the type of car I drive

Ain't no woman going to come between you and your souped up Micra with the spinning rims!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Talking about soccer too much. Or at all, really.

I used to live with a good friend and him and virtually all of the larger group are obsessed with soccer. I have little or no time for it at all :o Every time I'd leave the living room to make a cup of tea or anything, the soccer would come on! My eyes would glaze over when there were friends around a lot of the time.

This would always come to mind.

They have no goals in life.

They might have plenty of goals in life. The just might all be related to WoW or increasing right forearm strength…

Ain't no woman going to come between you and your souped up Micra with the spinning rims!

Luckily for me I drive a proper car.

It's not something I would expect a gf to try and influence to be honest but I'm sure there are some out there who would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

It's not something I would expect a gf to try and influence to be honest but I'm sure there are some out there who would.

There are. My gf thinks almost all the cars I want and even have owned are "wankars". Her word. I think she's worse for judging people by their car. I loved my BMW and would happily buy another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

NothingMan wrote: »
    There are. My gf thinks almost all the cars I want and even have owned are "wankars". Her word. I think she's worse for judging people by their car. I loved my BMW and would happily buy another.

What kind of cars aren't wankars?

Well I have seen it first hand in the past, but not something I have seen happen very often.

Malari wrote: »
    What kind of cars aren't wankars?

From what I can tell, anything that looks in any way nice or a little flashy. So far, any BMW, most Audi's, any and all sports cars (wanted a 911 since I was 10 and still want one some day). I can't be sure exactly but any car I seem to point out that I like.

She loves her Micra though so not them...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

From what I can tell, anything that looks in any way nice or a little flashy. So far, any BMW, most Audi's, any and all sports cars (wanted a 911 since I was 10 and still want one some day). I can't be sure exactly but any car I seem to point out that I like.

She loves her Micra though so not them...

It's ok, she's wrong. As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Being nasty to animals - if they hate puppies they have no soul.
    Cheaters.
    Liars.
    Not being able to stand my interests for short periods of time.
    Inability to have some time alone.
    Being lazy.
    No sense of humour or ability to have a laugh and joke.
    Being immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

If they don't like Capri Suns and Green Pringles...

Tbf, wankars is a great word. I will say that Audis seem to have taken over BMWs as the wankar of choice - not the coupe version but the saloons. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of arseholes driving A4s and the like. I think they're pissed off by the fact their car is named after a sheet of paper…

Tbf, wankars is a great word. I will say that Audis seem to have taken over BMWs as the wankar of choice - not the coupe version but the saloons. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of arseholes driving A4s and the like. I think they're pissed off by the fact their car is named after a sheet of paper…

And to an extent I agree that a disproportinate amount of beemer drivers are arseholes too but they're still good, solid and beautiful cars (mostly). Same with Audi's. Don't judge the car, judge the driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Once people buy an Audi, BMW or Mercedes they do not have to obey the rules of the road. Well known fact.

Funny though, you'd expect that behaviour from the owners of proper luxury cars (Bugatti, Maserati, Bentley etc), but it's only in the pretend luxury cars (i.e, executive class segment)that people flaunt the ROTR. I mean come on, 5 Series BMWs or A6s are not exactly top of the luxury segment.

And to an extent I agree that a disproportinate amount of beemer drivers are arseholes too but they're still good, solid and beautiful cars (mostly). Same with Audi's. Don't judge the car, judge the driver.

Tbh, I don't really get hung up on cars that much and I wouldn't tend to judge people on the cars they drive (unless it's one of those rattly, souped up pieces of nonsense that inbred people seem to favour) but for some reason I have noticed that 9 times out of 10 on the motorway, it's someone driving an Audi that's going to cut you off or be rammed up your hole. And tbf, driving a high end car is a joy. Not one I get to do very often, sadly…

But I'm going to keep wankars. I think I'll use if for little boy racers though…

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Jesus, is this thread still going? You've all got ridiculously high standards, you snobby bastards, and you'll all die alone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

1ZRed wrote: »
    Jesus, is this thread still going? You've all got ridiculously high standards, you snobby bastards, and you'll all die alone

Mr "I won't date anyone shorter than me"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Mr "I won't date anyone shorter than me"!

Exactly. We're all going to die alone, so am I, cos I'm the tallest person there is :p

Profiling should never take the place of appreciating the design and engineering. This is a pet peeve of mine when people start criticising my choice of car because of the personalities of other drivers. I think it's completely juvenile.

1ZRed wrote: »
    you'll all die alone

Well at least we'll be dying in the presence of flawlessly perfect human beings. The consultants.

cantdecide wrote: »
    Profiling should never take the place of appreciating the design and engineering. This is a pet peeve of mine when people start criticising my choice of car because of the personalities of other drivers. I think it's completely juvenile.

Exactly. I drove my bmw for a year before I moved and in that time I did not become an aggressive, tail-gating, using the right lane til I can push in the front of the queue on the left lane, undertaking speed demon. I was still a courteous and safe driver and would be in a BMW, the corsa I have for now or the Porsche I someday want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

You catch her sucking off your Da

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Someone who didn't get on with my family would be a major one for me.

Also someone who's full of shiite or a know-it-all. Been there and don't know how I suffered it for as long ad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Once people buy an Audi, BMW or Mercedes they do not have to obey the rules of the road. Well known fact.

Funny though, you'd expect that behaviour from the owners of proper luxury cars (Bugatti, Maserati, Bentley etc), but it's only in the pretend luxury cars (i.e, executive class segment)that people flaunt the ROTR. I mean come on, 5 Series BMWs or A6s are not exactly top of the luxury segment.

FLAUNT: To exhibit ostentatiously or shamelessly

Do you mean flout?
    FLOUT: To show contempt for; scorn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Rasheed wrote: »
    Also someone who's full of shiite or a know-it-all. Been there and don't know how I suffered it for as long ad I did.

Bet he does...

Advertisement