Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,676 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's bizarre how there is no practice mode in my career to get used to your players shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I'm with the Bucks too, and if I were you I would demand a trade. It took me around 30 games to get the starting PG even though Brandon Knight isn't great. OJ Mayo and Caron Butler are ok, but don't put up much points. Illyasova is the worst player on the team even though he starts. Sanders is a decent rebounder and I get a good few assists from him.

The only reason I haven't demanded a trade is the cause I we are currently leading the conference, so I'm going to hold out for this season.

Ah crap, I havent even played a game with the bucks yet, might do the draft again so. Only reason I was gonna give the bucks a go is that it would look like if replace knight quick enough.

Edit: ah feck, will give the bucks a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

You'll still get good minutes after a few games. I averaged 28 minutes even though I didn't start. I was even leading the league in scoring and assists and still took forever to get a start.

Is it normal to sit the bench 1st 2 games?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Started my season with the Bucks, think I had played 15 games for them about 10 off them MVP and still wasnt starting and thus began me demanding trades

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is it normal to sit the bench 1st 2 games?

Yep.
    I remember waiting nearly 4 games before I got my chance :o

Started on the 3rd game after someone got an injury. Did actually feel class finally getting called. My player is unbelievably bad fumbling the ball, passing directly to the opposition and missing easy shots. I'm getting some class blocks tho, especiallylly for a 6'1 pg.

Really wish I could test out different jump shots outside nba games.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Started on the 3rd game after someone got an injury. Did actually feel class finally getting called. My player is unbelievably bad fumbling the ball, passing directly to the opposition and missing easy shots. I'm getting some class blocks tho, especiallylly for a 6'1 pg.

Really wish I could test out different jump shots outside nba games.

Can't you just go to the court practice and try them there? I used to use it to practice tricks and shooting, but still terrible when I get the call from the bench lol

There is no court practice for My Player on PS4, really strange. It's like they kind of want you to be crap early on and learn to be better in the games. Yupp, mad to get called in by the coach, finally get my turn and make a balls of it haha. 4 games played (2 actually played, other 2 on the bench) and just became the 6th man with 17 mins after beating the Heat and getting respect of Lebron. Lets go Bucks!

• Advertisement

There is no court practice for My Player on PS4, really strange. It's like they kind of want you to be crap early on and learn to be better in the games. Yupp, mad to get called in by the coach, finally get my turn and make a balls of it haha. 4 games played (2 actually played, other 2 on the bench) and just became the 6th man with 17 mins after beating the Heat and getting respect of Lebron. Lets go Bucks!

I'm too lazy to turn on my xbox one but it's in the options at the main menu I believe. Have a look around in there and you should find it. You can practice on the court alone or in a practice match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

There is a practice court... But I don't think you can use your career player.

What you can do is buy the jump shop of a certain real life player and use them in practice.
    I found though just putting the release to fast is probably the best all around.

What you'll notice playing with teams is that some players release is exceptionally slow which means you'll often release early for fear of being blocked.
    It's makes no sense to use any players with a slow release as it's very hard to get used to and has the added penalty of being contested more frequently unless he's miles open.

Put it to fast and you don't have to worry about holding it for half a second.

I've used my pro in freestyle for sure. Can't remember where I went to do it but I did for sure. I was practising my shots for timing. I was sinking EVERY shot and then went and played a game in career and was awful as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If you don't want to miss a free throw again, get Steve Nash's free throw release for 200 VC, you literally press X for a second and either A- or A+.

Do ye use buttons or stick for shooting? I can't get used to the stick so just use square, even though it limits the kind of shots I can take.

Do ye use buttons or stick for shooting? I can't get used to the stick so just use square, even though it limits the kind of shots I can take.

The best thing you can do is try to stop using the button when attacking the hoop.
    I'm pretty sure you can't dunk using the buttons so you're limited to lay ups.

I use the button for a jumper and pump faking and then the stick for anything near the basket.

It can be tricky trying to get used to using the stick for the lay ups etc but just try to get the hang of it as it gives you more options.
    The buttons are fine for jumpers and more reliable than the dodge stick.... hate the entire set up and wish they left it as it was.

I use X, you can DEFINITELY use X to dunk, I've been slamming them down.

Yupp buttons work fine for dunking :)

After a game, I was checking out footage with Mayo from a previous game but the cutscene just seemed to stop. Then the next game finished and I was put straight into a training session with my team. After that the end game stats showed up like normal and I had 4 endorsements in my recent achievement list. Wasn't told anything about it. Are cut scenes missing? anyone else get the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

For the lads looking to play in the arena with your pro, it's under play now, as Shootaround.

• Advertisement

For the lads looking to play in the arena with your pro, it's under play now, as Shootaround.

Class, will have a look for that, are you on ps3 gen or ps4 gen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Class, will have a look for that, are you on ps3 gen or ps4 gen?

PC so ps3 gen I'd imagine.

Nah can't find it on ps4. I picked the same jumper and release as chris smoove and seems to be working great. Playing 10 min quarters and wrecking the opposition. Bucks teammates suck but I'm dragging them to victories. Really enjoying the career mode in this, much better than previous games.

I'm finding it hard to defend tho, usually no problem staying with my guy but in this they skip past me easy enough. My quickness is 88, maybe just need to get it into the 90's. Also no highlight video for player of the game is a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I use the button for shooting. I hate using the stick.

I might start to try the stick when attacking the basket. I don't think you can do a floater or a euro step, etc when using the button.

Became a starter after my 30th game, long time coming with my stats. As bad as the Bucks are, I always answered positively in situations agreeing with teammates, coach and GM. As much as I didn't agree sometimes, I think this helped as my teammate grade is at 92%, local support at 94% and gm at 100%, I'm finding the game an absolute joy to play. Finishing games on an A grade average, nearly always a double double and winning a lot of games. I'm playing 8 minute quarters so might put it down to 6 now or I might never finish a season!

How long until you get a shoe sponsorship? Absolutely loving everything apart from the horrific 2K Generic shoes!

Also, heres a crazy thought, are there enough of us on Xbox One to get a team going for 2v2 or 3v3 in The Park? Looks like a fun game mode. Add me if you fancy it, GT is same as username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    How long until you get a shoe sponsorship? Absolutely loving everything apart from the horrific 2K Generic shoes!
    I got them the game before All Star week, rockin bright Pink Nikes now :D

Decided to mess around with the Upload Studio feature on Xbox One and make a little montage of my rookie season so far in MyPlayer. The music was an obvious choice. If you're not arsed watching the whole thing, the highlight is killing Steve Nash will a spin move for the jam at 1:50.

• Advertisement

That vid is class man! Pity I'm on PS4, wouldn't mind putting my PG up against you!

My season took a bit of a dive with OJ Mayo saying he wanted the ball more and I can be his sidekick. STUPIDLY I agreed but now coach wants me to just keep giving him the ball. After wrecking my game as we just beat the bulls and I had 34 points & 14 assists to having an awful game then as the 'sidekick'. I gave Mayo a good few assists but got flamed after the game for not passing enough. Anyone else go this route? Anyway I can reverse my decision, tell him f*ck off?

Advertisement