Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K14

Options

Comments

In my game as a PG I had a number of teams with green interest.
    Most were lower end teams but the Timerberwolves(ya they ain't a top 4 but they're pretty close) were in there, they were the only one I selected and that's where I was traded.

I was happy enough with that, have Love and Martin to work with.
    We're 5th since OKC are first seed overall but we're only a few games back so if I keep performing we'll win the conference, managed my first triple double in the last game and have myself up to about 82 now.

Can you just click one team you are interested in going to?

Feck maybe if I had of only clicked the Bulls I would have got my dream move :( :P

I though you had to click 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

v3ttel wrote: »
    Do you have any say in where you go?

I'm going to try force a trade from the Jazz as they are pretty shocking.

Same with the jazz also, they're woeful! So many shooting fouls....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone try online? I tried playing with my brother yesterday kept getting the 2k servers are down message everytime.

Feel free to add me on ps4, kinda bored of my career! psn is duffyftw

Can you just click one team you are interested in going to?

Feck maybe if I had of only clicked the Bulls I would have got my dream move :( :P

I though you had to click 3.

Ya it gave the option to pick 3 but I was only interested in that move so just picked them and left it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Xenji wrote: »
    If you download the new patch you will not be able to play all the modes offline as they have added a always online requirement, from the sounds of it, you can play Quick Game offline if you get past the MyCareer loading when the game boots up which can take several minutes. If the game doesn't detect an internet connection it should still load after 7 minutes, but with most feature disabled except Quick Game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731296

That's odd. Completely the opposite of what I experienced. I had problems starting the game (sittings loading the menus for 7 or 8 minutes) unless I disabled the network connection.
    Same with the jazz also, they're woeful! So many shooting fouls....

Everyone seems to be allergic to shooting the ball too. If I'm cold shooting, they'll even pass on wide open looks.

All the teams I'd like to go to have either brilliant PGs, or at least very solid ones who are more highly rated than my current pro (Bulls, Nets, Heat, Lakers, Celtics, Knicks). Either that or the entire team is one of the worst in the league (Magic, Suns).

I think if I ask for a trade from the Jazz I'll end up at the 6ers, Sacramento or the Hawks....3 teams I really don't want to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Just after reaching the play-offs with my SG for the Chicago Bulls.
    It's gas, I'm ranked as about the 42nd best SG in the NBA, yet I'm being plastered over every 2k magazine.
    If it wasn't for Derrick Rose, we'd not even be near the playoffs.

Also, any good tips for offense rebounds? I get a couple on D, but I can't even get to the glass when attacking.

Absolutely loving the game though. 3 seconds left on the clock, 2pts behind Orlando Magic, get a Dynamic goal "Make 3 Point shot", and make it. So satisfying! Especially when I'm about 25% with 3 pointers.

Just after reaching the play-offs with my SG for the Chicago Bulls.
    It's gas, I'm ranked as about the 42nd best SG in the NBA, yet I'm being plastered over every 2k magazine.
    If it wasn't for Derrick Rose, we'd not even be near the playoffs.

Also, any good tips for offense rebounds? I get a couple on D, but I can't even get to the glass when attacking.

Absolutely loving the game though. 3 seconds left on the clock, 2pts behind Orlando Magic, get a Dynamic goal "Make 3 Point shot", and make it. So satisfying! Especially when I'm about 25% with 3 pointers.

Were you drafted to The Bulls or were you traded to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Were you drafted to The Bulls or were you traded to them?

Drafted, I think they were 18th pick.
    The first time I turned on the game, (having not touched an basketball game since NBA Jam 98), I tried as a PG, and landed at Utah Jazz, they're inability to play ball, coupled with my inability to do anything made for some upsetting matches. So I tried a couple of 1v1 & 2v2 games, then returned and tried as a SG. Got a "B" in the Rookie Showcase, scoring 12/14 points.

I started a new career as a SG the other day and got drafted to the Hawks.

I was playing well for around half a season with them and noticed on the trade interest screen that the Bulls were way out in front with interest in me.

Lovely I thought. Threw in a Trade request and was traded to the.......... 76ers :(

Even though I've been traded once - I had to get away from the 76ers. They are terrible.

So I've been traded to the Wizards. So-so record for the first couple of games but once they did a trade for Marc Gasol we have won 5 in a row.

Turning into a pretty good starting line up with John Wall, Marc Gasol and myself :P

Didn't agree with them trading Trevor Ariza for Jeremy lin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Played a little bit before my PS bricked, but is there a practice area? Missed the majority of my shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Is this game of high demand or what (for PS4)? Have tried a good few shops in Cork and its out of stock, its sold out in all cork argos's and I tried 2 gamestops as well but sold out again, its not even on smyths or xtravisions websites so i presume they dont sell them either.

Is this game of high demand or what (for PS4)? Have tried a good few shops in Cork and its out of stock, its sold out in all cork argos's and I tried 2 gamestops as well but sold out again, its not even on smyths or xtravisions websites so i presume they dont sell them either.

Sold out on Gamestop.ie and Gamesnash.ie as well

I'd say Amazon would be your best bet now of getting it before Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Notorious93

Sold out on Gamestop.ie and Gamesnash.ie as well

I'd say Amazon would be your best bet now of getting it before Xmas.

Ordered 3 games off them recently and they all arrived with cracked game cases and the disc floating around inside them unattached getting scratched, think ill just hold off until its back in stock whenever in stores

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp Gamesnash won't have NBA 2K14 back in until the new year. Weird how there's a shortage everywhere. I know Ireland wouldn't have the biggest sales for it but it doesn't help with such a small supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Does anyone know how to customize their player?

Anytime I try to add Armbands,Shoes or basically anything it won't show in game.
    I go back to the *myplayer* menu and everything has reset.

I haven't done the 2GB update yet so that might be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Even with delivery (or parcel motel I'f you got it) amazon would be a lot cheaper. Re trades I think you have a better chance if you just select 1 or 2 teams rather than 3 , shooting chart available from options menu in game for those having problems shooting

Many round here playing on XB1?.

Wouldn't mind getting a little group going where we play some friendlies.

This game suffers from community abuse with players just chucking up 3s the whole game(the player switching and lack of direction you can give means there's always a half decent look) being a continuing trend.

Honestly couldn't be bothered playing people who shoot pull up fast break 3s, just highlights what's wrong with this game on a ''Player Vs Player'' level but what also makes modes like MyPlayer so good(risk/reward i.e if I try to double the C, he'll kick it out to an open PG for a shot)

Wouldn't mind playing someone who wants to run different plays, use post plays, screens, drives and kicks and not call stupid double teams the whole game or throw silly passes up court.

GilbertoGalway is my GT.

Was I dreaming this :P

I'm nearly sure the other day I was flicking through the shop in my career and you could buy elbow pads, knee pads, sleeves etc for your player.

I have a few coins saved up now but I cant find them in the shop??

I'm on Xbox One BTW.

Soby wrote: »
    Even with delivery (or parcel motel I'f you got it) amazon would be a lot cheaper. Re trades I think you have a better chance if you just select 1 or 2 teams rather than 3 , shooting chart available from options menu in game for those having problems shooting

I just picked one team when I asked for a trade from the Jazz. The Celtics were the most interested, I picked them and only them.

Where do I end up? Memphis, of course......at least I have Randolph, Gasol, Prince, etc, to work with.

Left the Jazz bottom of the West even though I was scoring 30 points per night.

I don't understand how VC works in this game any more. I seem to have VC that I earn in MyCareer, can only be used in there. I have VC outside of that (using the locker codes app on Facebook) and it seems the only way I can use this is on the store to buy apparel and stuff?

In 2K13 didn't you have one VC balance throughout the entire game and you could take that wherever?

• Advertisement

I don't understand how VC works in this game any more. I seem to have VC that I earn in MyCareer, can only be used in there. I have VC outside of that (using the locker codes app on Facebook) and it seems the only way I can use this is on the store to buy apparel and stuff?

In 2K13 didn't you have one VC balance throughout the entire game and you could take that wherever?

I've won VC playing normal online(single and team play) and in the Park which I've been able to use on my player.

I've also used VC from the locker app to boost my player(not sure how the app works exactly but I got a 5k code yest and have since used it)

MyTeam uses VC and some gamemode specific points.

I haven't encountered any separate VC balance accounts, maybe you played career without an internet connection and had the gamemode switch to ''XP''... that was an issue in previous years, if you made the mistake to launch the gamemode without a connection and pressed advance past the warning that was the career file effectively useless and there was no way to undo the change once you accept it(to stop boosting).

I've won VC playing normal online(single and team play) and in the Park which I've been able to use on my player.

I've also used VC from the locker app to boost my player(not sure how the app works exactly but I got a 5k code yest and have since used it)

MyTeam uses VC and some gamemode specific points.

I haven't encountered any separate VC balance accounts, maybe you played career without an internet connection and had the gamemode switch to ''XP''... that was an issue in previous years, if you made the mistake to launch the gamemode without a connection and pressed advance past the warning that was the career file effectively useless and there was no way to undo the change once you accept it(to stop boosting).

Nope, I'm only using VC. I know about the once off currency switching and I haven't done that.

I have 525VC on the main menu. When I go into MyCareer I've got 77VC (just applied a good few upgrades to my player).

Can someone double check their MyCareer vs the Main Menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Is anyone having Problems with NBA 2K14 Loading on the PS4? When i put the disc in, it gets as far as the load screen and then the screen has gone blank. Was working previously fine. Checked the disc and there isn't a scratch or smudge on it. Looks perfect to me. Game has always been kept in its box too.

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Is anyone having Problems with NBA 2K14 Loading on the PS4? When i put the disc in, it gets as far as the load screen and then the screen has gone blank. Was working previously fine. Checked the disc and there isn't a scratch or smudge on it. Looks perfect to me. Game has always been kept in its box too.

I had something similar a while ago. Try disabling the internet connection, and reconnect after the main menu has shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I had something similar a while ago. Try disabling the internet connection, and reconnect after the main menu has shown.

Just reinstalled it last night, and so far so good.

Folks this is my first NBA2K And im really struggling with it. Done all the training but in matches im struggling to score. especially the free throws. I can never score them and it says i always get a F.

Any hints or suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated as i love the game. Just can't play it very well. :o

Whats up with parks?

My player is rated 68 atm but when I go to parks its 25 apparently, no one will pass the ball and I miss everything when I get it.

Whats up with parks?

My player is rated 68 atm but when I go to parks its 25 apparently, no one will pass the ball and I miss everything when I get it.

I did notice a few people knocking around who were 25 on a recent visit, but played once or twice after that and didn't see it again.

ChrisSmoove had an issue in his MyPlayer where it actually reset to 25(all attributes were 25) and he spent money on VC to get back to where he was, when I saw the lads in ThePark I thought the same happened to them but maybe like you it was ThePark only.

Strange one.

Can anyone on Xbox One buy accessories like elbow pads etc for their my pro?

The option has just disappeared from my game.

I did notice a few people knocking around who were 25 on a recent visit, but played once or twice after that and didn't see it again.

ChrisSmoove had an issue in his MyPlayer where it actually reset to 25(all attributes were 25) and he spent money on VC to get back to where he was, when I saw the lads in ThePark I thought the same happened to them but maybe like you it was ThePark only.

Strange one.

I found the problem. Deleted that player, created a new one and I have my real ranking. I think the problem was I started playing MC while not connected to PSN or something like that, at least its working now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone notice when you try to usher someone out of bounds it becomes an auto blocking foul , i think its a bug

Or this bollox

Advertisement