Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So picked this up online today and looking forward to playing it. Brings me straight into the "Choose your MyPlayer" screen create my guy and it says "loading files" then "retrieving data from 2K servers" then brings me straight back into the Choose your MyPlayer screen. Before it was saying Can't connect to 2K servers and brought me back to the choose screen.

Anybody any idea on what I can do here? I am at a loss.

EDIT: Got it working had to delete all saved data I had of the game. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    So picked this up online today and looking forward to playing it. Brings me straight into the "Choose your MyPlayer" screen create my guy and it says "loading files" then "retrieving data from 2K servers" then brings me straight back into the Choose your MyPlayer screen. Before it was saying Can't connect to 2K servers and brought me back to the choose screen.

Anybody any idea on what I can do here? I am at a loss.

EDIT: Got it working had to delete all saved data I had of the game. Very strange.

Same for me tonight on PS4, 2k are aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Servers are ****ing , kept getting kicked backed to menu when upgrading my player , I can make a new one but cant load my save without it saying "requries a connection to servers.....". acknowledged they are aware of it at least on twitter , ive given up for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

How long before I can ask for a trade, like Im at the Bucks and were doing ok, its just well I dont like the bucks and want to see if I can get somewhere else

astonaidan wrote: »
    How long before I can ask for a trade, like Im at the Bucks and were doing ok, its just well I dont like the bucks and want to see if I can get somewhere else

You need to tell the GM you're not happy, then at the next meeting there's an option to ask for a trade.

It's a slow process, you probably have to play about 9/10 games from the point of telling him you're unhappy.

• Advertisement

You need to tell the GM you're not happy, then at the next meeting there's an option to ask for a trade.

It's a slow process, you probably have to play about 9/10 games from the point of telling him you're unhappy.
    Ive told him Im unhappy 3 times, all that keeps happening is me getting more time all the inconsiderate bastards are doing is bowing to my every whim

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ive told him Im unhappy 3 times, all that keeps happening is me getting more time all the inconsiderate bastards are doing is bowing to my every whim

So you're defo picking the ''no'' option then and not the ''want more minutes'' or ''unhappy with another player''..?.... It has to be the ''No'' option afaik, then the next session in the down option the trade option should appear.

Maybe you're too soon into the career, I didn't try it for a while.
    Actually started to wonder how you ask for a trade but had actually told the GM I wasn't happy in the previous session so had the trade option coming to me either way before finding out how to initiate it.

By the time I got my trade I was just about to start I think.

How are yous playing ?

I finished my first season with the Jazz yesterday. I hoping to ask for a trade to the pacers. The game sims the off season for you :(

A rated rookie showcase , interviewed by the team i wanted (OKC) and get stuck with the Jazz , oh joy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Soby wrote: »
    How are yous playing ?

Started on Christmas Day and had an ok rookie showcase. Ended up going to the Atlanta Hawks, and used the Locker Codes VC to make my guy pretty useful as an athletic point guard. Jeff Teague is ahead of me though, and I'd rather play at a team that needs a PG, so I'm going to ask for a trade asap and as to go to the Knicks, or the Heat.

Really enjoying it though! Jackson Ellis is a bit of a twat.

i meant more with the severs, bought €5 worth of VC there for the lols and its only available in the features option , which means from what im reading "my player" save is offline :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Trying to start a new career because my current MyCareer save appears to use VC but appears to be offline as the balances in MyCareer and the main menu are completely different. This is despite the fact I've never chosen to turn it into an offline game.

Just before the rookie showcase, I try to upgrade my player and every time I spend VC, it says I can't contact the 2K server. Then unless I reboot my PS4 completely, it tries to make me create a new MyPlayer when it puts me back on the main menu.

WTF is this sh!t. Don't want to continue my first game because of some f*ck up with the save, and can't create a new career because the server is f*cked.

2K are an absolute disaster. I've never seen such a shoddy online service in all my life. The game will not let me enter MyCareer mode at all now will an online connection to their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seems to be the same with all sport game servers. Its a joke.

Anyone have any idea how to get traded in this game? I constantly pick the top 3 teams that are interested me every time I ask for a trade and always get cannot for a acceptable trade message. I'm in my second season at the moment if that makes any difference.

Locker codes posted on twitter this evening. Not sure for how much
    Expires midnight PST- All Eyes On Me #LockerCodes PS4/XB1: N14PS-QZPQN-JNU2Q-JYQX5-4DHJ7 PS3/360: N14PS-3YV8Z-NGQCM-K61QF-HPBEZ #NBA2K14

Started the 2nd season with my player (At the NBA champions - The Wizards).

Again started off well and after a few games the usual suspects (OKC, Bulls, Heat) were interested in me.

Requested a trade and only picked the Bulls (who were most interested in me).

So finally got a move to...................... The Bobcats :rolleyes:

Lebron has moved to the The Magic this season and Melo to the Lakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Locker codes posted on twitter this evening. Not sure for how much

It's just for an animation for your player.

Paully D wrote: »
    It's just for an animation for your player.

Sorry.

I dont use them myself but I follow the chap that gives them out on twitter and said Id post them here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sorry.

I dont use them myself but I follow the chap that gives them out on twitter and said Id post them here.

No need to apologise mate, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I had used the code earlier in the evening as I seen it posted on Twitter hoping to get coins but alas, it wasn't to be :)

Tried a few single player games of MyTeam today.

I can't stick playing this game controlling a full team, the game mechanics flaws just come out to shine when you're trying to control everyone.

The AI can pass it where it wants, when it wants while your guys decide to go on cuts just as you're passing leading to constant turnovers.
    You have to learn off every players jump shots and FT's which is just a pain as its always been in this game.

Neither the 2k or sideline camera provides enough flexibility to control all five players, with the 2k camera just about edging it(but makes passing to certain players impossible since they'll be off screen, but playing PG is easier).

Just lost 2/2 against the AI in domination and been left extremely frustrated.

If the MyCareer didn't work so well, this game would be a write off for me. I seriously hope EA get their heads screwed on and make a good game next year. Don't exactly want to just play MyCareer all the time, some 5 player would be nice but it's just too frustrating(against AI and real players but the online problems are completely different i.e constant 3s etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Hey guys,

Would this game be worth it for someone who knows nothing about basketball? I played and enjoyed the Sega mega drive ones but haven't played one since. It does look amazing. Ps4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Would this game be worth it for someone who knows nothing about basketball? I played and enjoyed the Sega mega drive ones but haven't played one since. It does look amazing. Ps4 if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Ya you'll learn a lot playing MyCareer.

You'll start to notice what each position is mainly used for, and stuff like screens/post ups etc.

Can be a good intro to the sport actually.

It took alot off bitching and showing a lack off loyalty Andrew Bynum would have been proud off but I finally got a move to a club I wanted. Now the starting PG off the Toronto Raptors :D
    Dont think i will be winning the league anytime soon, just didnt want to play on Bucks, Wizards(Behind Wall) or the frickin Jazz
    So now my new plan is to stay with them till contract runs out, try win the league, then have a Lebron moment and sign for the Knicks, Lakers, Celtics or Dallas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

My player is an 80 OVR point guard, I was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks and have sat behind Jeff Teague the entire time, despite him being 75 OVR and not putting up the numbers I do. In my last game against the Lakers I had 40 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks. I demanded a trade hoping I could have a say in my destination and play somewhere with a mediocre PG like the Knicks, Heat or even the Raptors. Instead I had no say and got traded to the Portland Trailblazers, where I will play behind Damian Lillard. Very annoying. I would start again, but I've pumped a lot of VC into my player and have him at a level I really like, kind of gutted I can't be a starter in the league.

Also, the story in MyCareer's script isn't a great idea. I had a really solid game with limited minutes, I had the team in the lead at half, and got subbed in again in the 4th Q trailing by 24, I still finished at 26 points and good assists and rebound, yet I get called into the coaches office and told that I've been slacking recently? I'm the best rookie in the league and a stat popped up in the last game which said my efficiency currently rating is better than Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlin in their prime. Yeah, I'm slacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Murda Cook

Anyone know where I can buy this for PS4 in Dublin? Seems to be sold out everywhere :(

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My player is an 80 OVR point guard, I was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks and have sat behind Jeff Teague the entire time

Gets even more frustrating when you start drawing double teams if you haven't already.

It's not like they're smart ones the odd time in the corners, it's constant no matter where you are and then you'll find your players rarely make shots when you dish it off.

They always used to double before, but I remember back then it was the only time I was able to get to the basket as I used to struggle big time then doing that.
    Now it's basically give it up or lose it.

Decided to switch the shooting back to ''timing release'' I was under the impression the AI was subject to the same rules as me but open players are sinking 3s far too often.
    I switched to HOF and % at the same time and over the next few games noticed the AI were scoring nearly every 3 ball so decided to push it back to Superstar but it's not much different so what's the point in me using ''Real Player %'' when the AI are all working off ''Jump Stick timing''.

I'd love to play this game realistically, an open 3 should only be a marginally better shot than a contested one.
    I wouldn't mind my player missing more if the other 9 players were subject to the same rules. Can't adjust the sliders in MyCareer so you're just stuck with that system.

Another thing I noticed yesterday is that playing MyTeam plays run automatically. I decided to give it one more game and again when I went to pass it to another player he cut behind the opposition for an interception so went to the options thinking I had play calling on Auto but it was on manual.

On sale on PSN store atm , cheapest place else where would be amazon

• Advertisement

Ive played a good 15 matches for the Bobcats since being traded but haven't had one cut scene yet were you meet with the GM.

Also my agent said Kia are interested in being one of my sponsors. If I win 6 of my next 10 games they'll start sponsoring me and I would get a big bonus. I won 7 out of the 10 and nothing.

Advertisement