Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My player is an 80 OVR point guard, I was drafted by the Atlanta Hawks and have sat behind Jeff Teague the entire time, despite him being 75 OVR and not putting up the numbers I do. In my last game against the Lakers I had 40 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 blocks. I demanded a trade hoping I could have a say in my destination and play somewhere with a mediocre PG like the Knicks, Heat or even the Raptors. Instead I had no say and got traded to the Portland Trailblazers, where I will play behind Damian Lillard. Very annoying. I would start again, but I've pumped a lot of VC into my player and have him at a level I really like, kind of gutted I can't be a starter in the league.

Also, the story in MyCareer's script isn't a great idea. I had a really solid game with limited minutes, I had the team in the lead at half, and got subbed in again in the 4th Q trailing by 24, I still finished at 26 points and good assists and rebound, yet I get called into the coaches office and told that I've been slacking recently? I'm the best rookie in the league and a stat popped up in the last game which said my efficiency currently rating is better than Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlin in their prime. Yeah, I'm slacking.

I had to start MyCareer. I got 43 points in the rookie showcase, but Jackson Ellis was drafted before me, despite me getting the cutscene where you out performed him.

I started with Portland, at least with Batum & Aldridge you have people to work with. Lillard usually holds the fort pretty well so the team don't get rode too badly while your on the bench. I'm only third in the running for rookie of the year, with 1/3 of the minutes of the #1 contender, I've more points than him, and more than 1/3 of the rest of his stats.

In one game I was subbed on in the 4th and we were down by 20 points. I had a dynamic goal to win the game, got it back to 1 point. Then three unforced turnovers from AI team mates, my opponents going 10 for 10 from the field, getting A- teammate grade, and my minutes were cut because I couldn't bring the team back to win.

In 2K13 when I managed to ask my GM to get Carmelo Anthony. Is there any option like that this time around where you can ask the GM to trade a player? The only thing I've seen is "I don't get on with player X, trade him".

Glad I started again so I can get the free VC from their facebook app, and I'm no longer stuck with the Jazz who are horrendously bad.

v3ttel wrote: »
    I had to start MyCareer. I got 43 points in the rookie showcase, but Jackson Ellis was drafted before me, despite me getting the cutscene where you out performed him.

I started with Portland, at least with Batum & Aldridge you have people to work with. Lillard usually holds the fort pretty well so the team don't get rode too badly while your on the bench. I'm only third in the running for rookie of the year, with 1/3 of the minutes of the #1 contender, I've more points than him, and more than 1/3 of the rest of his stats.

In one game I was subbed on in the 4th and we were down by 20 points. I had a dynamic goal to win the game, got it back to 1 point. Then three unforced turnovers from AI team mates, my opponents going 10 for 10 from the field, getting A- teammate grade, and my minutes were cut because I couldn't bring the team back to win.

In 2K13 when I managed to ask my GM to get Carmelo Anthony. Is there any option like that this time around where you can ask the GM to trade a player? The only thing I've seen is "I don't get on with player X, trade him".

Glad I started again so I can get the free VC from their facebook app, and I'm no longer stuck with the Jazz who are horrendously bad.

You're supposed to lose that game, you're always subbed back in to a 20+ deficit even if ye were winning when you left.

Wouldn't worry about being the top Rookie, I'm now pursuing KD for top NBA player.
    If you play 12 min quarters, you'll easily catch him. I dropped it to 8 for a good few games but still have about 13 games to make up the points difference(He's about 30 even and I'm about 25 now, climbing about .3 or .4 a game scoring generally 40-50)

One thing I don't like in MyCareer is the mid game task ''Take over the Game''... score 10 straight points for your team. I haven't achieved this once as it would mean negating team play, keeping the ball, taking bad shots and trying to get the ball out of a team mates who's about to score hands for a worse shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Usually when that one comes up for me I don't get the ball and one of my teammates scores straight away. :pac:

One thing I don't like in MyCareer is the mid game task ''Take over the Game''... score 10 straight points for your team. I haven't achieved this once as it would mean negating team play, keeping the ball, taking bad shots and trying to get the ball out of a team mates who's about to score hands for a worse shot.

With that goal set, I was on 8 points in a row yesterday, next possession down, I see Aldridge standing on his own under the basket nobody within yards of him.

It was if it was like "take the free assist and 2 points for your team and fail the objective, because you'll miss the shot"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I decided to start again. I was really enjoying my player, and probably should have stayed with the Hawks, but I didn't like the Blazers, so I scrapped my 80 OVR PG and started again.

Had an ok Rookie showcase and got drafted by the Pistons, ok, Brandon Jennings is good but he's not Lillard, I was however the 4th PG on the team behind Jennings, Chauncy Billups and Peyton Siva. Didn't enjoy it. Got 5000 VC from the 2K app and put it into my guard making him 70 OVR but soon decided to try one more time, if I didn't like it I would stick with the Pistons.

Had a beast of a rookie showcase and got drafted 7th overall to the Sacramento Kings. Much happier. Isaiah Thomas is the PG but that's grand, only 1 other PG on the roster and he's crap. Demarcus Cousins is a beast to play with as is Ben McLemore. Only problem is my player is absolutely crap as I have no VC to spend on him.

• Advertisement

Finally got traded to The Bulls :D

D Rose and myself are going to lead this team to their first championship since 98 :P

Take them back to the good oul days

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In the previous nba 2k's I was mad to play with my all time favourite team the Bulls and have a proper career with them but I kept being forced to play SG and PG is hands down the best position to play in the series.

You a pg or sg?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In the previous nba 2k's I was mad to play with my all time favourite team the Bulls and have a proper career with them but I kept being forced to play SG and PG is hands down the best position to play in the series.

You a pg or sg?

SG mate. I prefer PG as well but I didn't think id get a move to the bulls and be starting PG with Rose there.

Im enjoying playing SG though.

Do you get a different rival as sg? Also is there a mode in this where you can pick jordan or another legend in my career?

Do you get a different rival as sg? Also is there a mode in this where you can pick jordan or another legend in my career?

Jackson Ellis is your rival no matter what position you pick. He'll always play the same position as your player.

I dont think you can pick any legends to play as in my career.

In my career game at the moment Lebron was signed by the magic at the start of the season and so far they have the worst record in the whole NBA after 20 games :P

• Advertisement

Ah here. Just started a game, I'm 7 for 7 from the field, and a converted plus 1, couple of rebounds, a block, I'm red hot offensive and warm defensively, never had such a great start a game before.............. and the game hangs.

Waiting for one of the Bobcats players who will not take a free throw. Two are standing in the one spot, nobody is at the line. The ref is holding the ball infinitely. Even a timeout didn't fix it.

Best start I've ever had to a game, never seen a game hang mid-game before........ have to turn it off now :mad: What are the bloody odds.

Playing 2k13 while waiting for 14, getting seriously pissed off with the losing streak from the pistons but the option to request has completely disappeared. 15 games later and still no option, very annoying. Looking forward to leaving 2k13 behind.

Is anyone here playing MyTeam?.

If anyone thought UT was bad for packs this is beyond annoying in comparison.

I've pulled 5/6 Centres(Hibbert in my first and the rest are silver wasters) and 5/6 Power Forwards(all silver) compared to ONE Small Foward and Zero Shooting Guards and Point Guards.
    Getting a bit fed up of it now, it seems 2k don't want you pulling skillful players so they keep giving you PF/C's. Think it's beyond a coincidence that I pulled 12 odd big men and zero guards.

An even better one is, I've been buying nothing but the Lakers 90/91 packs trying to pull Magic Johnson and I've had THREE Elgin Campbell's(C - Bronze), one Larry Drew(PG - Bronze) and two other PF's I can't remember their names(bronze and silver).

So bloody annoying to keep getting the same bronze C, 3 times.... god forbid they might remove the chances of getting a duplicate.

Also another thing is the Domination mode.

You play a team from the East or West and unlock a new team each game. There's 1 to 3 stars available, 4000 points to 6000 points.
    You get the 3 stars and you get a pack which contains a player from the team(this is where I pulled most of the big men).
    The 1/2 star packs just have contracts etc.
    Now here's the funny part.... the game makes absolutely no reference to attaining 3 stars(you don't want to waste time getting 1 or 2 and there's glitches where you dont get the 3 star pack if previous attempts yielded less) it just tells you to get over 6000 points.

After playing a few games, you'll get fed up of getting 1 star and search the internet for the answer.
    It has nothing to do with winning.... there's a secret hidden system the users have been sharing information on for weeks to discover the formula.

So basically if you want 3 stars on the first attempt, you have to play bronze only players... you need 80 points and you need a player with 20 points and some others with 10.
    There's speculation that you need 8 blocks and 4 steals but I've got it 4 times in a row now and one time had a player without 20(got 6040 so only scrapped it).
    The only way you're getting 80 points though is fouling the entire game as its 6mins a 1/4 and if you play normally you'll barely break 40.

Only 2k could devise a game mode where the methods to playing are kept secret and the only way to get the top prize is by fouling intentionally and running quick plays.
    You'd think it would be based off winning, but that's apparently too obvious.

Just trying to play this till I get 5 players to play online with, but since I keep pulling PF/C one after the other I'll never have 5 gold players to play with(most online have Wilt, Jerry West etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

So you can't stream the audio though ps4 due to the bloody soundtrack , load of ****

I have this odd thing where the sound doesn't work on my PS4 the odd time I started it. Loaded up my career last night, went straight into a cutscene. Turned up my TV, couldn't hear anything. I was hoping the decision in the cutscene would tell me wtf was going on, but it was like. "So are you in" with yes or no as the two answers.

Turned it off, got the sound back, played 3 games since that, the cutscene never reappeared. Presume it was some sponsorship thing that I missed out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Picked this up on ps4 as an impulse buy there. Tell me I'll like it despite not knowing anything about basketball and having not played a basket game in 15 years

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Picked this up on ps4 as an impulse buy there. Tell me I'll like it despite not knowing anything about basketball and having not played a basket game in 15 years

You'll like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

You'll like it.
    Too much if my going to bed at five in the morning all week are anything to go by :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

You'll like it.

..if you love internet stores for single player items and start-up speeds entirely dependant on how good your internet connection speed is.

Good game, still crippled by terrible infrastructure.

Syferus wrote: »
    ..if you love internet stores for single player items and start-up speeds entirely dependant on how good your internet connection speed is.

Good game, still crippled by terrible infrastructure.
    100% agree, But the game it self is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Can you not do quick games in next gen no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Soby wrote: »
    Can you not do quick games in next gen no ?

NBA Today?

9 games left in my career first season, will be seriously pissed if I dont get rookie off the year.
    Sadly I showed I had as much loyalty as Lebron had for Cleveland :o and played for 5 teams but Im with the Lakers now so happy out :D
    Wish there was a way off demanding the keep Pau Gasol, hes so easy to get assists for unlike a certain Chris Kaman :mad:

Still looking for this and sold out of all shops, wonder if any will be getting it back in. I know it's always hard to get a hold of NBA 2K after initial sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dunno what platform you're after, but this was posted over in Xbox Forum yest - you can pick it for Xbox One for €39 delivered here

Yeah PS4 still full price pity, thanks man.

So cant get Circus Shot trophy even though Ive done it 3 times now, getting a bit frustrated at it, has any one found a way around this :mad:

Got a loan of this off one of the lads, didn't expect this kind of jump in gameplay from last gen, it's just class! Got 10th draft to portland but I might play through it again as I can't see myself replacing lillard anytime soon.

Got a loan of this off one of the lads, didn't expect this kind of jump in gameplay from last gen, it's just class! Got 10th draft to portland but I might play through it again as I can't see myself replacing lillard anytime soon.

I'm in January of my first season, and it looks like I'm going to be starting instead of Lillard soon. In Portland you have some decent players to work with. If you go to the Jazz, etc, not so much.

• Advertisement

I restarted and got drafted to the Bucks this time. I don't think Brandon Knight is a superstar PG? Not looking forward to playing with the Bucks but gonna push on with them anyway, too many unskippable long cut scenes to start again.

Also, can't remember that last time I paused and looked at replays so much. The graphics and animations are just superb.

TzbGAdV.jpg?1

Advertisement