Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K14

Options
  • 12-08-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone looking forward to this? I have gotten this NBA 2K for the last few years now and as brilliant as it always is, My Career (all I play) is madly frustrating at times. Got 2k13 again recently when it was briefly free on PS+ and came across the same frustrations, except now I couldn't use the My Life apps on facebook or Android for extra VC so made it even harder to get my skills up.

Anyway, Gave it one more go as Atheltic PG and after around 20 boring and awful games as starting SG for the Raptors (averaging 5 ppg and 8 assists) I demanded a trade. None of my chosen teams picked me but Pistons picked me up. Instant starting PG with more minutes than the rest of the team and averaging 25 pg, 8 assists and a few steals & rebounds. Now every game is I play is actually fun and brilliant. My guy still sucks with a 68 rating and Pistons can't defend for their life but it goes to show how being on the right team makes all the difference.

I wasn't gonna get 2K14 but this new lease of life is definitely making me interested. The new Path to Greatness could be a nice new twist to My Career and the 10,000 VC coins with preorder bonus is very tempting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

i dunno whether to get this or fifa. what would you recommend. usually get fifa every year. Kinda the same stuff over and over. I've never gotten a nba game on this generation consoles. I heard the 2k series is brilliant. With Gta5 coming out the week before fifa 14 I won't have the money to get both. Would you recommend buying 2k14 first or buy 2k11 to test it out to see if i like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

deadybai wrote: »
    i dunno whether to get this or fifa. what would you recommend. usually get fifa every year. Kinda the same stuff over and over. I've never gotten a nba game on this generation consoles. I heard the 2k series is brilliant. With Gta5 coming out the week before fifa 14 I won't have the money to get both. Would you recommend buying 2k14 first or buy 2k11 to test it out to see if i like it?

NBA 2k11 is where the 2k series peaked for me. That game was basically as far as they could push the boundaries on the current gen console. What happenned was majestic, and its a game I still return to, to do the Jordan challenges again and again. 2k sports have captured the essence of basketball brilliantly imo in their games. I've bought 2k12 and 13, and I have enjoyed both, the minor improvements that have come each year still lead to me pouring hours into the game. However with the new consoles dropping this Christmas I plan to buy only one xbox 360 game this year, that being GTA V. I won't have the finances to buy a next gen console this Xmas, and I know that 2k14 on the Xbox One/PS4 will be unbelievable, and that 2k14 on 360 would just leave me cold. So I will eventually get 2k14, but probably this time next year. I would wholly recommend sourcing 2k11 as your first experience of a 2k game. I would say also, that the learning curve with 2k is steep, but stick with it, because when you get it, that satisfaction is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HaribosAreNice

Can't wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any Deals about ? . Trade in deals or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Soby wrote: »
    Any Deals about ? . Trade in deals or anything ?

Did anyone get this yet? Any improvement on My Career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I've pre-ordered this along with my PS4 and hope to get it day one. I absolutely loved 13. Can't wait to see what 14 will be like on next gen.

Got it in the end. Yet to see any major differences from 13. Lot of it is the same. Blocks and stuff by AI are done better now ive noticed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Got this today, dont really see any difference at all from last year beside the blocking which has got alot better.
    Only got it as Ill be waiting till the second tide for PS4 and it was upgradeable.
    Hoping for something more from PS4 version tbh.
    Hopefully they will make the models in my player better one place EA has a huge advantage in making My Player alot more realistic

Aye only 1 of the few difference i noticed aswell , plus the updated roster , having said that the ps4 ad for it looks AMAZING , anyone on PS3 add me ;)

Trailer for the next gen versions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Trailer looks class, hopefully they do something about the created characters for my career and draft classes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Trailer for the next gen versions

Some of the footage there looks absolutely stunning. Wonder what the in-game graphics will be like though.

anyone got it , anyone find 3 point shooting at a bit tooooo hard now , getting A+ shots that wont even drop

Been watching Chris Smoove playing My Career on next gen, mad to play this now. I like the little stories going on in the cutscenes. Watching the vid, it looks you and ai teammates still miss easy shots but maybe that's until you get teammate chemistry up or better skills. Looking very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looks soooo good!

Picking up AC4 & BF4 but I think i'll be getting this as well.
    Haven't bought a Basketball game since NBA Homecourt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The rival (Jackson Ellis) is suck a dick, but I love having that in there. I got drafted to the Suns and he went to the Pelicans. We met in the 4th game and I shut him down - 0 points, 0 assists. He had to admit on social media that I was better because of a bet we placed before the game :D.

If felt good, especially after I got annihilated by him at the rookie showcase.

10/10 on next gen for this. Even if you don't like basketball that much you will probably enjoy it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not a big fan of basketball, but that looks pretty damn good.

The head of nba live 14 has written an open letter apologizing for the poor quality of their game. They are going to work non stop on improving gameplay, tutorials, graphics and animation. Not looking great for ea's precious ignite system.

Can't wait to get stuck into 2k14 on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get stuck into 2k14 on ps4.

For someone who hasn't played NBA 2k in a long time. How easy is it to get in to?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Holy crap, saw alot of clips for NBA2K14 for the PS4. Seriously making me consider buying the PS4 earlier than expected.

NBA2K13 was , by far, the most enjoyable sports game I have played in years. Before that, the last basketball game I played was NBA Jam for the PS1

I have heard so many fans of FIFA and PES talking about the features in NBA2K when discussing improvements to My Career/Be a Pro/ Becoming a Legend.

Seriously the PS4 stuffs looks mega

While it is now surprise that the PS3 version is the same as last years, its a pitty. Could have tied me over for a few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

How in depth is the career mode? I'm assuming you can create a player and get him up through the ranks?

Kiith wrote: »
    How in depth is the career mode? I'm assuming you can create a player and get him up through the ranks?

NBA 2K always had a great career mode. I think the main downfall for me is the 80+ games in a season, can take a while to get through. You make a player and then for the 1st time in the series, exclusive to next gen, there are cutsceneswhic show your agent getting you invited to the NBA draft, a game that scouts watch and then NBA teams taking turns picking new players in the anual draft. During the 1st game, you come across another player and as far as I'm aware, you can make friends with him or become rivals. I have seen some rival videos and they seem like a laugh to have a bit of a story in the background.

I'm really stuck on whether to get NBA 2K14 or Assassins Creed Black Flag this week. I'm leaning towards NBA but still not sure.

Just ordered this off Gamesnash to arrive with my PS4 on Friday. CAN NOT WAIT!

Just ordered this off Gamesnash to arrive with my PS4 on Friday. CAN NOT WAIT!

I'm loving it on Xbox One mate.

Mainly playing my career. Got drafted by the 76ers as PG. Finding it tough but in a good way. You know you dont want to sink every basket in your 1st game and have 20+ assists. Feels like you are really starting from the bottom and you have to improve which I like.

The cut scenes and all really add a lot to it.

Highly recommended.

Excellent man! How are you finding the rebounds this year? Last year, my teams ai could not catch a degensive rebound.

Also, is the passing improved? Always had to use player select and pass but would prefer pointing the stick towards my chosen teammate and press x.

Lastly, you befriend or become rivals with that guy from the draft?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Preordered this on this PS4 a while ago, no word about 10000VC. Must be ps3/360 preorder bonus.

Excellent man! How are you finding the rebounds this year? Last year, my teams ai could not catch a degensive rebound.

Also, is the passing improved? Always had to use player select and pass but would prefer pointing the stick towards my chosen teammate and press x.

Lastly, you befriend or become rivals with that guy from the draft?

Sorry mate only saw your post now.

Defensive rebounds seem to be fine.

I cant really comment on the passing because I like to use player select. If I'm going make a run at the basket though I just turn it off.

I didn't know you could befriend him. He said something to me in the hallway after the rookie match at the start, I gave him a respectful answer back but he was still talking thrash to me and my agent :D

Ah right, I read that if you be nice to him enough, ye will become friends. Feck that though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

When you have a free, how are you meant to score? I have tried pressing the Square button on the PS4 , but i always seem to miss. First time playing NBA 2K14 But no matter what i do, i cant score a free. Any help please?

Advertisement