Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

This manager rating malarky is fcuked for me.

I'm stuck at a rating of 33, despite winning a few games (and two european games).

So that's odd.

What's also odd, and I'm sure related to me managing before (when I was rated 13) then quitting for a year or so, is the following:

Total Manager Points 376
    Number Games 212
    Average Manager Points 1.77

So it's counting my games from before, but not my ranking? Cos I certainly haven't played 212 games since I came back ...

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

baza Rakus wrote: »

I'm stuck at a rating of 33, despite winning a few games (and two european games).

So that's odd.

What's also odd, and I'm sure related to me managing before (when I was rated 13) then quitting for a year or so, is the following:

Total Manager Points 376
    Number Games 212

So it's counting my games from before, but not my ranking? Cos I certainly haven't played 212 games since I came back ...

Anyone?

Probably a case of lots of managers collecting near to 2 seasons worth of points while you were taking your break...

And you are probably at the back of the queue of the hardcore 'residents'

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭gerp99

So that's odd.

Total Manager Points 376
    Number Games 212

Anyone?

I'm still 4th, says it all, id be lucky to be top 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

How do you check the ratings again? Curious to see how low I am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Mourinho wrote: »
    How do you check the ratings again? Curious to see how low I am :D

you're 38th

click on your name

f5966423313b018f976206e05be337e0.png

then club info

6bc6cdc5f154d20191cbd583595f3e80.png`

manager stats next

2c20cfdd3615e5c868e3453370cb4dac.png

boom

912c5976c43fae98c87d56412b1dea3c.png

you are schalke............right. :o

• Advertisement

Thanks very much woody :D Yes I'm lowly Schalke :P

Thanks very much woody :D Yes I'm lowly Schalke :P

it'll be a while till you can just click on color-globe-menu.png so.... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Thanks Swoody. I shamelessly robbed your post and made it part of Post No. 1. :D:)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Probably a case of lots of managers collecting near to 2 seasons worth of points while you were taking your break...

And you are probably at the back of the queue of the hardcore 'residents'

Still don't explain why it says I played 200+ games.

Still don't explain why it says I played 200+ games.

you dont have a great record at any club you've managed at except gala

a67a751f825aa8b1ca29d697a90f4579.png

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    you dont have a great record at any club you've managed at except gala

a67a751f825aa8b1ca29d697a90f4579.png

OK well you can keep avoiding the question and giving me these (albeit much appreciated) motivational talks, but none of this explains why I had a 13 rating when I quit Milan, and am now stuck on a 33 rating win lose or draw. It, like so many tings about this game we play, is unfathomable to me. Why, swoody? WHY??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

OK well you can keep avoiding the question and giving me these (albeit much appreciated) motivational talks, but none of this explains why I had a 13 rating when I quit Milan, and am now stuck on a 33 rating win lose or draw. It, like so many tings about this game we play, is unfathomable to me. Why, swoody? WHY??

Because you betrayed us by leaving - but really it's because your points total was frozen when you left, others took you over (20 in all) and now your total isn't growing faster than those ahead of you or slower than those behind you and hence you remain in situ

think positively!

your 33rd on 376, lyon are 34th on 369 and everton are 30th on 393, thats only 27 points (couldnt find 32nd), 27 points is a bridgeable gap you just needto going further in cup competions, getting on a winning run before they do and beat teams that give you 5 points instead of 3 in the manager ranking system. what i'd do i try winning the SMFA your in this seaon and fúck the league, that will give you 10 manager ranking points and an automatic spot next season, when/if you go down you should target winning the league and that gives you 10 points, win 20+ games for 60 points and get as far in the mickey mouse cups (the final) for another 10 points. bottom line is you could rack loads of points if the luck falls your way. most people in the top 10 achieved something do deserve there spot.

monitor eveton and lyon and keep saying to yourself that you'll catch everton, once you do move on to someone around 25th or further depending on your position and you'll be top 20 before you know it... :)

Because you betrayed us by leaving - but really it's because your points total was frozen when you left, others took you over (20 in all) and now your total isn't growing faster than those ahead of you or slower than those behind you and hence you remain in situ

Gasp. I never left yous YOUS LEFT ME! I was discharged, disgarded, tossed aside like a used Slush Puppie container cos I wasn't flavour of the month anymore! Sniff.

Sometime the words hurt, man. Sometimes the words hurt!
    swoody wrote: »
    think positively!

your 33rd on 376, lyon are 34th on 369 and everton are 30th on 393, thats only 27 points (couldnt find 32nd), 27 points is a bridgeable gap you just needto going further in cup competions, getting on a winning run before they do and beat teams that give you 5 points instead of 3 in the manager ranking system. what i'd do i try winning the SMFA your in this seaon and fúck the league, that will give you 10 manager ranking points and an automatic spot next season, when/if you go down you should target winning the league and that gives you 10 points, win 20+ games for 60 points and get as far in the mickey mouse cups (the final) for another 10 points. bottom line is you could rack loads of points if the luck falls your way. most people in the top 10 achieved something do deserve there spot.

monitor eveton and lyon and keep saying to yourself that you'll catch everton, once you do move on to someone around 25th or further depending on your position and you'll be top 20 before you know it... :)

OK. You lost me at "think". But reading between the lines I just need to get relegated then win the league, whilst also winning the UEFA cup. Peazy. Reckon I'm relegated already so that's half the battle!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm 28th on 394, which is only one point ahead of 30th so I'd say it's close from here on up.

32nd

BOOM.

I don't know if Mac will want to wait to see if it was a phobia's resignation was a mistake, and if it was he can still be reinstated as Everton chief, but for now I'll still formally invite applications for the new vacancy.

:)

Applications for Everton now open : (Subject to Mac's authorisation.) :)

Closing Deadline : 22nd July 2015 @ 22:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    Everton | 69.5m | 35 | 89 | 184.6m | 1

Managers Applying for the SL Benfica vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    | | | | |
    | | | | |

Plenty cash there to buy some good youth added. Pity the cash will prob be pilfered by the Chairman by the time a new manager arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I never thought I'd want to leave inter Milan but I think maybe iv done all I can with them? (Or maybe it's just my pain relief making me feel woosie! )

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Wilberto wrote: »

Managers Applying for the SL Benfica vacancy :

The SL Benfica board would like state that they are very happy with the performance of their manager, he is doing a fantastic job of pushing for promotion and the club are not looking to replace him.

I think you forgot to edit your copy and paste

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Plenty cash there to buy some good youth added. Pity the cash will prob be pilfered by the Chairman by the time a new manager arrives.

It's a good chance for one of the managers lower down the rankings though. I mean, when we're so close to the end of the season the more experienced managers that will be higher than them will want to finish off the season with their current clubs if they're actually in with a shot of achieving something.

Applications for Everton now open :

Managers Applying for the Everton vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    | | | | |
    | | | | |

:D:D :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »

| | | | |
    | | | | |

:D:D :pac:

Il put my name in the hat please.

Irish Goldberg | Internazionale | 25 | 407 | 1.67 | 244
    | | | | |

Oh well. There goes my earlier theory out the window! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

New Everton manager to be unveiled and job vacancy at Inter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Il put my name in the hat please.

Your the new manager of Everton if you still want it?

MrMac84 wrote: »

:) tho it is strange to be leaving inter. Iv aplied for the Everton job.

Applications for Internazionale now open :

Closing Deadline : 24nd July 2015 @ 00:00

Internazionale | 7.4m | 61 | 89 | 255.3m | 1

Managers Applying for the Internazionale vacancy :

| | | | |
    | | | | |

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I would like to apply for the inter Milan job please.

Currently manager of dynamo kyiv

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

Any chance of getting the job before tonight's matches and more importantly before the chairman sells any non Everton players and looses all the cash?

Advertisement