Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Pat Kenny being very biased here. Already brought up Sadam Hussein and Hitler in reference to bibles. The American fella is well able for Pat in fairness to him.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BillyBird

Cole wrote: »
    Fair enough...but I don't listen to Pat for that.

Same here, Trump is a clown but I don't get why so much time is spent on him by Irish stations. Not like we don't have our own clowns to worry about. Or if you're doing foreign clowns why just/mainly Trump/Johnson.

BillyBird wrote: »
    Same here, Trump is a clown but I don't get why so much time is spent on him by Irish stations. Not like we don't have our own clowns to worry about. Or if you're doing foreign clowns why just/mainly Trump/Johnson.

They are more craic like the drunk fella in a pub, funny to listen to and look at.
    Our Irish clowns are designated drivers in comparison. Boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Pat Kenny being very biased here. Already brought up Sadam Hussein and Hitler in reference to bibles. The American fella is well able for Pat in fairness to him.

The American fella sounds like a clown to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Kenny’s an idiot he didn’t watch the entire clip. Talking about trying to play to the irish orange man bad bandwagon.
    Wasn’t a debate he was called out numerous times for false news and lies, something Kenny shouldn’t be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭MFPM

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    do you think any americans will hear anything about the march in dublin yesterday ?, americans dont look for or get to hear stories like that from abroad

anyone who thinks they are influencing policy in america by what they partook in yesterday is full of intellectual conceit

It was covered in the US media including CNN so you're wrong on the first point.

On your second point, people protest because they are angry about a situation and they hope their voices and their actions will alter policy or impact on the issue. That's a good thing and the essence of human solidarity in my view. Does it always work, no, is it worth doing, yes! International outcry over apartheid was an important part in outing the horrific crimes of that institution and shining a spot light on the SA regime that stood over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

Kenny's obsession with Trump is reaching new levels. That's all he kept going back to this morning in that piece just there.
    'But Minnesota has a Democratic Governor for years and years'....'yeah ok, but lets get back to Trump'.

Talking about Antifa twitter accounts being exposed as right wing run and the contributor had to point out it was a single twitter account that was outed and that's not how Antifa works. But Kenny just kept talking over him while he tried to explain a bit about Antifa.
    "Antifa are for some other day" says Pat.

I'll not hold my breath on the Irish media on that one

The American fella sounds like a clown to me.

Pat Kenny did not sound much better in that case bringing up Sadam and Hitler.
    For all his rounded vowels and strange intonations of speech, he does not seem as polished as John Snow from ch4 for instance. An interviewer who does not let his bias take over a discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭Allinall

Pat Kenny did not sound much better in that case bringing up Sadam and Hitler.
    For all his rounded vowels and strange intonations of speech, he does not seem as polished as John Snow from ch4 for instance. An interviewer who does not let his bias take over a discussion.

Newstalk want their presenters to voice their opinions, or bias, as you describe it.

It's one of the reasons Kenny left RTE for Newstalk.

Allinall wrote: »
    Newstalk want their presenters to voice their opinions, or bias, as you describe it.

In that case it sounds ridiculous and they should change thier policy. And does not make for a good interview imo.

• Advertisement

All RTÉ, Independent, Irish Times, Newstalk are the same all journalists presenters are on the same bandwagon. Orange man bad day in day out it’s tiresome they all backed the wrong horse championing Hillary and are still moaning. You’d question how much the left has penetrated our media that we have ended up in a situation where everyone has to say and think the same. It’s lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Depends what their opinion is as George Hook found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Pat is hilarious. Had these protests been about water charges or something domestic, I suspect he'd be the first to complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

All RTÉ, Independent, Irish Times, Newstalk are the same all journalists presenters are on the same bandwagon. Orange man bad day in day out it’s tiresome they all backed the wrong horse championing Hillary and are still moaning. You’d question how much the left has penetrated our media that we have ended up in a situation where everyone has to say and think the same. It’s lame.

It's hard not to be on the same bandwagon about Trump when he is appealing to flat earthers and Bible thumpers to get re-elected. On top of that he is actively supporting Britain in Brexit against Irish interest. I can't see how any Irish person would see Trump as an American president in their interest. Unless narrow American and British interest is more important to you than what happens to Ireland.

jay0109 wrote: »
    Kenny's obsession with Trump is reaching new levels. That's all he kept going back to this morning in that piece just there.
    'But Minnesota has a Democratic Governor for years and years'....'yeah ok, but lets get back to Trump'.

Talking about Antifa twitter accounts being exposed as right wing run and the contributor had to point out it was a single twitter account that was outed and that's not how Antifa works. But Kenny just kept talking over him while he tried to explain a bit about Antifa.
    "Antifa are for some other day" says Pat.

I'll not hold my breath on the Irish media on that one

This is the new polarised media nonsense that is creeping into Ireland.

Pat is just ridiculous at this stage and the Irish media in general about Trump. Why can't we just comment and analyse the States.. Why does the Irish media get so excited and divisive about it?

meeeeh wrote: »
    It's hard not to be on the same bandwagon about Trump when he is appealing to flat earthers and Bible thumpers to get re-elected. On top of that he is actively supporting Britain in Brexit against Irish interest. I can't see how any Irish person would see Trump as an American president in their interest. Unless narrow American and British interest is more important to you than what happens to Ireland.

I think the posters point is that not everything is black and white, anti and pro. Most people will take a view on matters as they arise.

Only a minority of nutters in my view, take this divisive anti and pro approach to Trump. It's divisive, silly and a waste of energy.

I think the posters point is that not everything is black and white, anti and pro. Most people will take a view on matters as they arise.

Only a minority of nutters in my view, take this divisive anti and pro approach to Trump. It's divisive, silly and a waste of energy.
    I'm not pro or anti in the sense of American identity politics. Neither I think he is fascist but how can you not be critical about his nonsense around antiseptic or anti malaria drugs for example. He generates so much nonsense it's hard to ignore it. There are two options either you take the piss out of him or you criticize it.

I'm not pro or anti in the sense of American identity politics. Neither I think he is fascist but how can you not be critical about his nonsense around antiseptic or anti malaria drugs for example. He generates so much nonsense it's hard to ignore it. There are two options either you take the piss out of him or you criticize it.

Criticise or find funny? Because outside of Twitter and boards, the people I've talked to since Corona started have taken much enjoyment out of Trump's utterances.

I think people on Twitter need to mellow out. He talks utter bollo*.

We’ve been absolute pigs to Trump as a nation no respect for him or his office. Why would he have our back, we literally kissed the ground for Obama when he appeared and we had to cancel the inauguration party in doonbeg as the media were trying to villianise anyone attending, so much so they sealed off doonbeg and RTÉ and the rest of them were kicked out and not allowed near the place.
    That order came direct from Trump when he was shown what was happening here. It was disgraceful conduct as a nation and it still continues, Covney nearly falling over himself yesterday to have a pop at the orange man again.
    FG to me at this stage are gone beyond woke were in the middle of a pandemic with no government and they wanted to allow children to change their gender yesterday, give me Trump any day over this constant woke politics were suffering through here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I like Pat and up until recently was one of the sharpest minds around, but his personal crusade against Trump over the last couple of months is affecting him big time.
    I think if Trump wins the upcoming election that will finish Pat.

• Advertisement

Moncreiffe will have a meltdown along with Kenny, Everyday for 4yrs he’s made an unfunny joke about him, I don’t know why he’s even on the radio anymore he’s gone from mildly amusing to obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

This is the new polarised media nonsense that is creeping into Ireland.

Pat is just ridiculous at this stage and the Irish media in general about Trump. Why can't we just comment and analyse the States.. Why does the Irish media get so excited and divisive about it?

Newstalk is not RTE

We’ve been absolute pigs to Trump as a nation no respect for him or his office. Why would he have our back, we literally kissed the ground for Obama when he appeared and we had to cancel the inauguration party in doonbeg as the media were trying to villianise anyone attending, so much so they sealed off doonbeg and RTÉ and the rest of them were kicked out and not allowed near the place.
    That order came direct from Trump when he was shown what was happening here. It was disgraceful conduct as a nation and it still continues, Covney nearly falling over himself yesterday to have a pop at the orange man again.
    So you want Ireland to become the nation of sycophants? I thought British are the ones who have to resolve themselves to that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,441 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

FG to me at this stage are gone beyond woke were in the middle of a pandemic with no government and they wanted to allow children to change their gender yesterday, give me Trump any day over this constant woke politics were suffering through here.

I don't think anybody disrespects the office but disrespects Trump as a person and president.

His behaviour during the Covid crises and the last few days over the George Floyd murder show how ineffective he as a leader.

Unlike Obama he is a divisive figure and therefore warrants scrutiny by the media and questioning by politicians.

Nation has done nothing bad against Trump and your claim that Trump ordered a lockout of Doonbeg at the time of his inauguration sounds rubbish to me.

Finally, if you'd like to have a leader that has people shot at and beaten to allow a walk through a park for a photo op then good luck.

His actions were rightly criticised by the media.

I also fail to see the connection to the policy of trans gender children.

So you want Ireland to become the nation of sycophants? I thought British are the ones who have to resolve themselves to that now.

We have already, no dissenting voices allowed, oppose anything and your either a Healy Rae or Gemma O’Doherty.
    We should have respect for the presidents office and try to benefit ourselves with a good relationship. Constant scorn, hatred and mockery are of no benefit. It’s all coming from a twisted media, there sending this country straight down a rabbit hole and nuking peoples mental health in the process with their intolerant, far left liberal agenda.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't think anybody disrespects the office but disrespects Trump as a person and president.

His behaviour during the Covid crises and the last few days over the George Floyd murder show how ineffective he as a leader.

Unlike Obama he is a divisive figure and therefore warrants scrutiny by the media and questioning by politicians.

Nation has done nothing bad against Trump and your claim that Trump ordered a lockout of Doonbeg at the time of his inauguration sounds rubbish to me.

Finally, if you'd like to have a leader that has people shot at and beaten to allow a walk through a park for a photo op then good luck.

His actions were rightly criticised by the media.

I also fail to see the connection to the policy of trans gender children.

Honestly once you started pimping Obama and defending why he’s not open to scrutiny I stopped reading. This is what the Irish media does all day. Bill, Biden, Hillary and Obama can do no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The extent to which some Irish people defend that clown is simply astonishing. Asking people to show his respect when he won't show an ounce in return. Laughable. And as usual, its "the meejas" fault.

donvito99 wrote: »
    The extent to which some Irish people defend that clown is simply astonishing. Asking people to show his respect when he won't show an ounce in return. Laughable. And as usual, its "the meejas" fault.

This is part of the problem. There are about 2 Trump defenders in Ireland.

The determined and nutty commentary to try convince these tiny amounts of people that they're stupid is leading to general madness about Trump lunatics who follow every thing he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

This is part of the problem. There are about 2 Trump defenders in Ireland.

The determined and nutty commentary to try convince these tiny amounts of people that they're stupid is leading to general madness about Trump lunatics who follow every thing he does.

There was a time when people had class, you didn't agree with them but you could respect them.

Trump is elected, that's fine. He proceeds to throw out the rulebook that people had adhered to forever and then moans when people don't treat him in the same way they treated his predecessors.

I am starting to conclude that the truth has a 'liberal' bias because the amount of shite he and his supporters trot out is spectacular.

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »
    There was a time when people had class, you didn't agree with them but you could respect them.

Trump is elected, that's fine. He proceeds to throw out the rulebook that people had adhered to forever and then moans when people don't treat him in the same way they treated his predecessors.

I am starting to conclude that the truth has a 'liberal' bias because the amount of shite he and his supporters trot out is spectacular.

Ok just ignore the point that there is hardly any Trump supporters in Ireland and continue with the usual diatribe we've been hearing since 2016.

Advertisement