Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

BPKS wrote: »
    I just thought it was a ridiculous suggestion Mr Quinn wanting to have the churches open for mass when the vast majority of parishioners are those most at risk from the virus.

It’s not that ridiculous for him, really. Him and his “crowd” don’t really care too much about human life once it’s outside the womb.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell has happened to phone lines? Is everyone on flaky wireless connections these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭crossman47

What the hell has happened to phone lines? Is everyone on flaky wireless connections these days?

What?????

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭southstar

But he isn't a political figure - he isn't elected, he doesn't have political views, he has rigid religious views and I for one think he gets way too much air time.
    He's not elected. .so what...????Is that the new criterion for offering a view on a public issue on the radio..he holds views which I suspect many Irish people share....whether that's suits you or not.Stop with this self righteous entitled nonsense...it only offers ammunition to the people you disagree with.Yes there should be limits to extremists ...but David Quinn however deluded and irritating is not an extremist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

southstar wrote: »
    He's not elected. .so what...????Is that the new criterion for offering a view on a public issue on the radio..he holds views which I suspect many Irish people share....whether that's suits you or not.Stop with this self righteous entitled nonsense...it only offers ammunition to the people you disagree with.Yes there should be limits to extremists ...but David Quinn however deluded and irritating is not an extremist

I was answering a post that said he is just like other policitians .....

I said he's not a politician - that was it

Calm down and breathe .....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

It’s not that ridiculous for him, really. Him and his “crowd” don’t really care too much about human life once it’s outside the womb.
    That's some great insight there, well done you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭DrGreenThumb82

Unbearable Trump whining alert

Christ you'd swear he was our president the way they are crying about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Does Healy actually get paid for that:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Well, I'll be having fish and chips tonight. That's all I know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭monstermag

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Seriously? :rolleyes:

Debate over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

This guy is speaking total common sense, we need to get to zero cases before opening up more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭prunudo

This guy is speaking total common sense, we need to get to zero cases before opening up more.

He must not be aware where the government get the money to fund his cushy number as a university professor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

prunudo wrote: »
    He must not be aware where the government get the money to fund his cushy number as a university professor.

Right Wing clap trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ridiculous, only people who get paid their full wage through this "crisis" would suggest something like this. They have the luxury to make these suggestions, and let the rest of us rot.

Right Wing clap trap.

No tax take = no funding, considering these are supposedly smart people I'm surprised they can't see the bigger picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Barrack Obama is really worried about the disappearing coastline is he?

Sea Level Rise? President Obama Just Bought a Beachside Property
    https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/24/sea-level-rise-president-obama-just-bought-a-beachside-property/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

No tax take = no funding, considering these are supposedly smart people I'm surprised they can't see the bigger picture.
    How many of your vulnerable relatives are you willing to sacrifice for the "bigger picture"?

serfboard wrote: »
    How many of your vulnerable relatives are you willing to sacrifice for the "bigger picture"?

I'm far more worried about them getting other ailments than covid. A stricter and longer lockdown is not the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'm far more worried about them getting other ailments than covid. A stricter and longer lockdown is not the answer.

Why do you think the medical professionals involved in advising the government disagree with you?

Do you think their concern for peoples health only extends to whether or not they suffer from covid-19?

The government is haemorrhaging money on support payments, while seeing a vastly reduced revenue received.
    Surely the 'easy' thing for them to do would be to have a much more concise relaxation of restrictions if that were in any way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Why do you think the medical professionals involved in advising the government disagree with you?

Do you think their concern for peoples health only extends to whether or not they suffer from covid-19?

The government is haemorrhaging money on support payments, while seeing a vastly reduced revenue received.
    Surely the 'easy' thing for them to do would be to have a much more concise relaxation of restrictions if that were in any way possible.

As we essentially have a government without a mandate , this gives the medical professionals the upper hand in any negotiations around the relaxation of restrictions , we urgently need a government and a National Government should have been formed when the crisis kicked off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Ahwell

As we essentially have a government without a mandate , this gives the medical professionals the upper hand in any negotiations around the relaxation of restrictions , we urgently need a government and a National Government should have been formed when the crisis kicked off.

Why would the medical professionals want the upper hand? What do you think their motivation is?

Are you saying medical professionals should not have the upper hand at a time of the greatest pandemic in 100 years? Surely, if they hadn't there would be greater complaints about non-qualified government members making decisions on medical matters.

Also, irrespective of this point, what's your take on this question I asked already.

Do you think their (the medical professionals) concern for peoples health only extends to whether or not they suffer from covid-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Are you saying medical professionals should not have the upper hand at a time of the greatest pandemic in 100 years? Surely, if they hadn't there would be greater complaints about non-qualified government members making decisions on medical matters.

Also, irrespective of this point, what's your take on this question I asked already.

Do you think their (the medical professionals) concern for peoples health only extends to whether or not they suffer from covid-19?

I am ambivalent really but I do feel that a properly mandated government would have more confidence in its decisionmaking , there is a body of opinion out there which feels the restrictions should be relaxed more quickly and Im sure this is reflected in the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭monstermag

What's the story with the love in between Pat and Alastair Campbell?
    He had a right good go at Cummings and Bojo this morning. Yes Cummings screwed up and Bojo may be a clown but has Pat forgotten that Campbell in his role as Tony Blairs spin Doctor sexed up a dossier that hoodwinked the British people into believing that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, we all know how that turned out. Indeed one the world's leading weapons experts Dr David Kelly committed suicide as a result of the whole affair.
    A but who cares about all that caper, brush it under the carpet and let Alastair drag out the old bagpipes and all is forgiven.
    Pat must be saving his interrogation skills for the likes of Edwina Currie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

+1 Dominic Cummings is a clown but how in the holy hell is Alistair Campbell still taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,242 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I'm far more worried about them getting other ailments than covid.

Seriously? If you had an elderly relative with say hypertension or asthma, you reckon there are ailments out there more likely to kill them within the next few weeks if they got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Is there something wrong with Newstalks phone system? Constant bad quality calls, or is it only with people Pat Kenny disagrees with?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

medics looks at this entirely and exclusively through the sphere of preventing the spread , the broader picture doesnt come into it for them, beit economic devestation or anything else , thats not me having a go , its just how doctors think

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Seriously? If you had an elderly relative with say hypertension or asthma, you reckon there are ailments out there more likely to kill them within the next few weeks if they got it?

restrictions can be lifted without compromising the health of the elderly with underlying conditions , both us and them will need to avoid each other however

those who work in the nursing homes should have had their wages trebled back in march but they should have been made to live on site for three months , no different to oil rig workers , no body different goes in or out

• Advertisement

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    medics looks at this entirely and exclusively through the sphere of preventing the spread , the broader picture doesnt come into it for them, beit economic devestation or anything else , thats not me having a go , its just how doctors think

Then specifically, which was the question I asked the original poster, do you think medical personnel are only concerned whether people suffer as a result of covid-19 and not other ailments?

Because that seemed to be the implication.

Advertisement