Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Pat talking to ozzy Osborne, could be car crash

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Coppinger's proposal being stripped to pieces there, and it sounds like she's realising how dumb it is herself the more she talks about it.

Definitely an air of resignation towards the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Coppinger's proposal being stripped to pieces there, and it sounds like she's realising how dumb it is herself the more she talks about it.

Just another example of 'lefties' jumping over each other trying to get a piece of the limelight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭PeterTheNinth

Ian O'Doherty is a rock of common sense.
    Liam Doran I just cannot stomach any more. Sick of him whinging. His union is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Pat was seriously getting p1ssed off with Josepha Madigan there, interrupting everybody. She wont be back :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭jobbridge4life

Ian O'Doherty is a rock of common sense.
    Liam Doran I just cannot stomach any more. Sick of him whinging. His union is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Ian O'Doherty is a blowhard contrarian. Any sense that comes out of his mouth is entirely undone by his bloated nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Just listened back to it there, he fairly filleted her nonsense.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Pat was seriously getting p1ssed off with Josepha Madigan there, interrupting everybody. She wont be back :D

He wasn't the only one.

I thought her behaviour was terrible. It's not like the points she was making when talking over the others was in any way important.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Ian O'Doherty is a blowhard contrarian. Any sense that comes out of his mouth is blind luck when he misreads the mood and agrees with it by mistake.

Fixed that there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ian O'Doherty is a blowhard contrarian. Any sense that comes out of his mouth is entirely undone by his bloated nonsense.

Rubbish he is one of the only ones in the Leftist.
    Media including his own paper that talks sense! I admire his bravery for speaking out the amount of abuse and threats he gets on twitter from SJW's/Liberal lefties would make most people quit social media! Fair play to Ian and to Pat for having him on his show!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

Rubbish he is one of the only ones in the Leftist.
    Media including his own paper that talks sense! I admire his bravery for speaking out the amount of abuse and threats he gets on twitter from SJW's/Liberal lefties would make most people quit social media! Fair play to Ian and to Pat for having him on his show!

Ah yes, that renowned leftist tome "The Independent" - lo-****en-l. I'm sure they lap up this "SJW's/Liberal lefties" shite wherever your're hanging out on the internet, but in the real world it just makes you come across as a bit unhinged.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

O'Doherty may go over the top every now and again but mostly the point he's trying to make is actually a valid one.

As for Coppinger's proposal I would have thought it would be a much better idea to give the PTRB powers to monitor when a landlord asks someone to leave as they're selling or a family member is moving in. If they don't sell when they say they do then you could give them a big fine, same for if a family member doesn't move in.

This way the landlords who do want to sell a vacant property, lets be realistic no one wants to buy a property to live in if there's people already living there and who may not actually move out, can do so.

What I find confusing is that Ruth Coppinger was on with Mary Wilson (or one of the shows ) the previous evening and the exact same arguments were made to her. She had the whole night to work on a better defence, but may she couldn't come up with anything better.

she was also on Drive on Newstalk on Thursday evening too, Chris went easy on her though.

He didn't push her on how many people had their tenancy's ended but the Landlord didn't sell or move a family member in but just re let it for a higher rent. Even though she knew how many had their tenancy ended for that exact reason, I think she just said well some of them must have but with no back up for why she thought this.

Deedsie wrote: »
    In the same way as Brolly and Dunphy can make very valid points but with a controversial tone.

That's my issue with O'Doherty, I couldn't care less what the opinion is, the forced controversial troll like delivery is just tiresome and takes from his argument.

I enjoy conservative commentators in general, George Hook, Michael McDowell, Brenda Power, Michael graham, Maria Steen etc etc

It's not a liberal v conservative argument. Ian O'Doherty delivery is just so forced I find it impossible to take him serious.

Have Brolly or Dunphy ever had a valid point? Anytime I read their articles I find them to be completely wrong.

That's true as anytime I do I end up wondering how this guy has a job as a journalist.

Jeez you better be careful challenging Brolly on that topic, he may threaten to sue you.......

Ireland's Call mightn't be a great song but for the way rugby is in Ireland it's very much needed.

Our difference's in 1995 were stuff that was very hard to brush under the carpet.

That's when the song was written.

Some say it's Phil Coulter's best work :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Pat Kenny was interviewing some totally incoherent former bank robber (Jason) this morning; I thought it was the reception, but try as I might by twiddling the dial I couldn't understand a word that he said. Anyway, the radio's off now and will stay off until the Lavhline. :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Pat Kenny was interviewing some totally incoherent former bank robber (Jason) this morning; I thought it was the reception, but try as I might by twiddling the dial I couldn't understand a word that he said. Anyway, the radio's off now and will stay off until the Lavhline. :D

Very wise; there is no danger of incoherent callers, (criminal or otherwise), getting on Joe's show!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Berty always sounds so insincere....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

enzo roco wrote: »
    Pat has lost it. Very unprofessional...
    Why doesn't he treat other spoofing politicians the same????

George and Pat always lose the head when talking to the sinners, aaa, and Paul Murphy. Now they're correct to call them on their bullpoo, not debating that.
    But how about doing the same to Simon coveney, fianna fail spoofers etc?????

Pat was lovely to bertie this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

degsie wrote: »
    Berty always sounds so insincere....

That's because he is and always was insincere :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That was the one part of the show I caught this morning before leaving the house.

I've never heard a cockney villain be less charming tbh. Could barely make out what he was on about half the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Pat Kenny was interviewing some totally incoherent former bank robber (Jason) this morning; I thought it was the reception, but try as I might by twiddling the dial I couldn't understand a word that he said.
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That was the one part of the show I caught this morning before leaving the house.

I've never heard a cockney villain be less charming tbh. Could barely make out what he was on about half the time.
    I can't stand Ryan Tubridy and will sometimes listen to Pat's show before 10 to see if he's got anything interesting on. Although I understood what the guy was saying I thought it epitomised all that's wrong with Pat's show on NT- a rubbish guest given far too much airtime.

Embarrassingly bad item.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Deedsie wrote: »
    Why wouldnt he be? I mean Bertie is an excellent contributor to have on to discuss Brexit, the North, the EU.

Who is better placed to discuss it. I would love to hear a debate between Bertie and John Bruton on these subjects.

I know we are all supposed to be horrified by the mere mention of Berties name but sorry I like to hear his opinions.

Well I was actually saying how unprofessional pat was, when interviewing certain politicians. That's the point I was making.

I didn't even criticise bertie, but anyone that does, and if they're moaning about him, I don't not know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

RTE stream is broke else I wouldn’t be listening, but Pat is blaming “selfish” and drunk pedestrians/cyclists for getting in the way of motorists.

RTE stream is broke else I wouldn’t be listening, but Pat is blaming “selfish” and drunk pedestrians/cyclists for getting in the way of motorists.

The road safety people blame drunk drivers for a large proportion of road accidents, yet hardly ever mention drunk pedestrians or cyclists.
    We need a new road safety slogan "Don't drink and drive, or cycle, or walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pat doesn't cycle, so he doesn't like cyclists much. He probably doesn't walk anywhere so he doesn't like pedestrians much. Pat is paid a huge salary, so he doesn't like social welfare recipients much. Pat is a man of property so he usually tends to come down on the side of landlords/property owners. Since he joined Newstalk his own personal biases seem to be much more to the fore. It's a lot more noticeable since his days with RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Pat doesn't cycle, so he doesn't like cyclists much. He probably doesn't walk anywhere so he doesn't like pedestrians much. Pat is paid a huge salary, so he doesn't like social welfare recipients much. Pat is a man of property so he usually tends to come down on the side of landlords/property owners. Since he joined Newstalk his own personal biases seem to be much more to the fore. It's a lot more noticeable since his days with RTE.

Was about to say the same thing. I regularly listened to him on RTE but find him almost unbearable on Newstalk. I can understand why O Broin et al take cheap shots at him. He practically bates them.

I understand now why people used to say he was great on radio but terrible on tv. He had researchers on radio who made him seem well informed. But on tv, and now Newstalk, he only has his own opinions and worldview to fall back on.

Advertisement