Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betting Thread Part III - Insert witty title here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster out to -7 after the lineup announcement. That feels about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Connacht plus 15 handicap @4/9. This will be close, Gloucester on a terrible run. May just edge it but not by much.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

franglan wrote: »
    Connacht plus 15 handicap @4/9. This will be close, Gloucester on a terrible run. May just edge it but not by much.

If you think it's going to be close, why would you bet longer than the spread?

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If you think it's going to be close, why would you bet longer than the spread?

I'm ultra conservative when it comes to betting.

Stockdale anytime @13/10

Two or more @5/1

• Advertisement

Northampton over 1. 5 tries at 3/4 betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

current open bets

for the weekend coming
    Leinster -6
    Munster -1
    connacht +8
    quins +12

all @ 10/11

and small acca @ 12 /1

Great calls! Hope Connacht complete you acca

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Munster game was a dire spectacle and my Munster -2 was in doubt until the very end but I had it covered anyway thanks to a friend who put me onto Defi Du Seuil in the 15.00 at Sandown. I'm seriously thinking of switching to betting on the horse racing and just enjoying (?) the rugby. :D

the connacht one was always the dodgy one for me.. id have liked about another 3 points on it.

Gloucester have a formidable back row, but connacht have a better back line. If connacht can get parity up front i think they should cover the spread... gloucester would be happy to take it 4-1

the connacht one was always the dodgy one for me.. id have liked about another 3 points on it.

Should have laid against

Ah well

• Advertisement

Early spreads out for this weekends games

ulster scratch v quins over there.
    Quins practically out already, and ulster in a great position to top the group if they can get at least 4 here and take at least 1 away in clermont.
    i think ulster werent as good as they could be last weekend, and quins threw the sink at them to keep their euro hopes alive.
    Ulsters lack of BPs could end up hurting them so this really is a must win game for them, or they could be looking at an away fixture against a poll winner in the QFs

Leinster -19 is probably about 2 points too strong IMHO, though saints are still in with a good 2nd place qf hope. Lyons interest in this comp is isnt great so saints will be hoping for 4 away there in round 6. If saints are within 10 by the 60th min they will fight to the end.... if not leinster could open up to put 50 on them.

munster +10 v saracens is generous i think. i was expecting about +15. Sarries will bring the big guns back and munster will be without botha, and will have a tiring murray trying to run the show. This could end up being very sore for munster. i dont expect the spread to change much as munster will go all out and the only question is what team will sarries put out.

connacht -3 is about right. they will be disappointed not to take anything last weeknd, and if they dont win this weekend they are completely out.

so my nap currently is sarries -10, but i might wait until further into the week to put anything on..... until selection rumours start to flow

ulster gone -4 after teams named, quins resting some front liners.

saracens already -12 before teams named, and i expect that to go another 2 points after named. Glad i took them at -10

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Racing were 4/7 to top the group at the start of the week. Was considering lumping into that but they've since come in to 4/9. Raging I missed that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

BORRIS.png

Just waiting for this to come in before I decide where to use lose my winnings. Probably on Saracens -12 :D

Have a feeling Ulster will beat that Quins side fairly easily, possibly aiming for a BP.

Ulster -9 @7/4
    Ulster - 3 @10/11
    Ulster and Toulouse double @2/1
    And wee bet on Ulster by 21-30 @8/1

already 21 points between leinster and ulster this weekend..thats disappointing

Have a feeling Ulster will beat that Quins side fairly easily, possibly aiming for a BP.

Ulster -9 @7/4
    Ulster - 3 @10/11
    Ulster and Toulouse double @2/1
    And wee bet on Ulster by 21-30 @8/1

:D:D:D:D

thats a very sweet list !!

leinster gone from -25 to -28 after teams named.

ulster at one stage were as narrow as -1 but are now -4

so theres some value in the pro14 this weekend, with 4 of the 7 games having a spread of less than -4 and one other at -7

im on:
    leinster -25 @ evens
    ulster -3 @ evens

and a double on
    dragons -4, blues -1 @ 2.6/1

leinster gone from -25 to -28 after teams named.

ulster at one stage were as narrow as -1 but are now -4

so theres some value in the pro14 this weekend, with 4 of the 7 games having a spread of less than -4 and one other at -7

im on:
    leinster -25 @ evens :D
    ulster -3 @ evens :D

and a double on
    dragons -4:D, blues -1 :mad: @ 2.6/1

good enough return last weekend, disappointed the blues couldnt get over the line.

this weekend so far:

Saints -15 @evens (gone out to -21 already)
    Racing -6 @evens

then a long acca on the following being winners:

bath, la rochelle, clermont, toulouse, exeter, gloucester, leinster, saints, racing @ approx 7/1

the biggest risk here is chiefs away to glasgow.

• Advertisement

Ulster +9 10/11

this weekend so far:

Saints -15 @evens (gone out to -21 already)
    Racing -6 @evens

then a long acca on the following being winners:

bath, la rochelle, clermont, toulouse, exeter, gloucester, leinster, saints, racing @ approx 7/1

the biggest risk here is chiefs away to glasgow.

added saracens -13 @ evens

about 10 points too short in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

added saracens -13 @ evens

about 10 points too short in my opinion

Yes this will be my main bet for the weekend waiting on Boyle's for tryscorer markets and bet builders interested in singleton and the 2 wingers anytimes both odds against with pp which is a mistake imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Yes this will be my main bet for the weekend waiting on Boyle's for tryscorer markets and bet builders interested in singleton and the 2 wingers anytimes both odds against with pp which is a mistake imo

Managed to jump on singleton @2/1 with pp 7/5 now(9/4 with 365) and the wingers have gone odds on.

On Racing +12

You have to think the atmosphere in Barnet tomorrow will be poisonous and the visitors will fancy turning the sword.

On Racing +12

You have to think the atmosphere in Barnet tomorrow will be poisonous and the visitors will fancy turning the sword.

The money is following sarries, gone to -14 now.

I have absolutely no idea how this game will go.

I think I'll go for under 50.5 points @10/11 and under 6.5 tries @10/11

The money is following sarries, gone to -14 now.

Feck.

Toulouse - 15 @evens

Feck.

Double feck.

• Advertisement

I think I'll go for under 50.5 points @10/11 and under 6.5 tries @10/11

This is looking silly right now

Advertisement