Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

manafana wrote: »
    Just want shout out to how well Maryland are doing possible ranking on its way with some of these performances.

I would also have stanford inside my top 4 they could ruin the Oregon season.

Maryland and G.A. Tech are on the fringes of the top 25. It would be some turnaround within a year if the ACC managed to have five teams ranked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Any fancies for tomorrow nights 2 matches lads?

Going for under 55 pts in the Iowa State at Tulsa match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

manafana wrote: »
    Just want shout out to how well Maryland are doing possible ranking on its way with some of these performances.

I would also have stanford inside my top 4 they could ruin the Oregon season.

They did last year. Hopefully Oregon are a little more prepared for a slugfest this year.

Much better round of games this weekend.

South Carolina @ UCF
    Oklahoma State @ West Virginia
    LSU @ Georgia
    Oklahoma @ Notre Dame
    Ole Miss @ Alabama
    Wisconsin @ Ohio State
    Stanford @ Washington State
    Cal @ Oregon

• Advertisement

Time to study the the weekend's matches, got burned on the game last night, cant win them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Emperor1989

God the rams are awful i got burned there also.

I like that Ole Miss is back on the main stage...

LSU @ Georgia is a hell of a game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Two big games for Ohio State in the next two weeks as they test their National Championship credentials. Playing Wisconsin this week and then @ Northwestern the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

God the rams are awful i got burned there also.

I like that Ole Miss is back on the main stage...

LSU @ Georgia is a hell of a game!

A trip to Bryant-Denny for a beating is the last thing Ole Miss needed right now. They have to go to Jordan-Hare next week so that feel-good factor may be a distant memory when their stint in Alabama ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Georgia's hype video for the LSU game this weekend is nothing short of outstanding. Certainly gave me some goosebumps.

http://vimeo.com/75536659

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    A trip to Bryant-Denny for a beating is the last thing Ole Miss needed right now. They have to go to Jordan-Hare next week so that feel-good factor may be a distant memory when their stint in Alabama ends.

At least Ole Miss are going in with a bit of form behind them 3-0 so far this year.

They have a load of freshman starting, as I said it good to see them back but if they can recruit like this over the next few years they might actually go to Bama and have a chance of beating them. I hope they keep it to below 20. I am confident they can do that.

Bama just arent doing it for me this year in terms of their blowout capability.

Georgia's hype video for the LSU game this weekend is nothing short of outstanding. Certainly gave me some goosebumps.

http://vimeo.com/75536659

Thanks for that....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

At least Ole Miss are going in with a bit of form behind them 3-0 so far this year.

They have a load of freshman starting, as I said it good to see them back but if they can recruit like this over the next few years they might actually go to Bama and have a chance of beating them. I hope they keep it to below 20. I am confident they can do that.

Be interesting to see how low Ole Miss keep the score. They haven't exactly lit it up themselves. If you look at who they beat so far hardly great wins. The Texas game has put them back in the Top 25 but Texas are awful at the minute.

Bama have had a decent start and the only game they looked bad in was the A&M game but lets face it Manziel and that A&M offense are not a walk in the park. Bama proved enough so far winning that game even if it wasn't pretty. I can see Bama covering the 14 points most bookies have them at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

They already went to College Station and beat the hottest ticket in town. Nothing says you're for real better than that, particularly when the same team came to your house and beat you last year.

The Tide are, as any program that has three national titles in four years would be, just coasting through these gimme games with an eye to being ready when something is actually on the line. It reminds me of Crossmaglen in Armagh or St. Brigids here in Roscommon. Proclamations like the above look very, very rash. They passed the only meaningful test they've had this year. Beating up also-rans says nothing about a program's worth.

Check out this on Ole Miss

UCF- The team coming to Dublin against Penn State is up 7-0 against South Carolina now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Madworld wrote: »
    UCF- The team coming to Dublin against Penn State is up 7-0 against South Carolina now.

Massive result for Louisville if.UCF can hang on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pretty pissed off at ESPN missing the start of the LSU Georgia game in order to show us South Carolina running out the clock

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

NBC Sports have a good stream of the Notre Dame game, pretty good quality and no geo restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

adrian522 wrote: »
    NBC Sports have a good stream of the Notre Dame game, pretty good quality and no geo restriction

Does not make for pretty viewing if you're a Notre Dame fan. Three Tommy Rees turnovers resulting in three sooners touchdowns.

• Advertisement

Irish D doing it tonight.

GAIII with an 80 yd run for a touchdown!

Game on!

Troy Nichols TD, 6 point game!

Ok, 14 points down, 6 minutes to go. Anyone got a time machine so we can go back and get Joe Montana?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

LSU convert on 3 & 23, then go down field for the go ahead score. 4 up with 4 and change to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Someone needs to tell Georgia & LSU that its ok to play a little bit of D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

So Georgia beat LSU after a cracker.. Defence for both teams was awful at times on both sides but regardless was a hell of a lot of fun to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    So Georgia beat LSU after a cracker.. Defence for both teams was awful at times on both sides but regardless was a hell of a lot of fun to watch

exact opposite of the bama ole miss game which is all D right now.

Went for the over in the Alabama-Birmingham at Vanderbilt game.

• Advertisement

Stanford are looking good.

Advertisement