Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA Football Season Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Great work by Penn State's special team to block the FG

Advantage Penn State

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

3rd OT in Beaver Stadium

4th OT!

polaris68 wrote: »
    4th OT!

Poor kick from the Michigan kicker but I'll not complain, this is a hell of a lot of fun to watch :cool:

TD Penn State! Wot a game.

Some cojones on O'Brien to go for it on 4th and 1 on that drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ole Miss giving Johnny a real fright. A&M lose here and their championship ambitions are in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Syferus wrote: »
    Ole Miss giving Johnny a real fright. Going to College station may not have been such a tall mountain to climb as first appeared.

Aren't Ole Miss playing at home?

Oh wait ninja edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow, just woke up to see Missouri beat Georgia. They are 6-0 now and clearly the real deal, there will be some jump in the rankings after that win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fcuking Stanford. They've now weakened the PAC-12 considerably. Oregon should still make the Championship game if the go unbeaten, but still...

Great win for the Ducks too. Washington are a good team.

TO. wrote: »
    Aren't Ole Miss playing at home?

Oh wait ninja edit.

I was talking about Auburn's visit last week but when I looked back at it it looked like I was saying Ole Miss we're playing them at home.

Johnny is living life dangerously in a lot of ways right now. A&M's defence just doesn't look good enough to mount a championship run.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wow, just woke up to see Missouri beat Georgia. They are 6-0 now and clearly the real deal, there will be some jump in the rankings after that win.

There QB James Franklin did his shoulder in and is out for the rest of the season though, could be back for the bowl games though.

Don't know much about him but commentators were saying he's going to be a huge loss for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Got my tickets to OU Vs Texas Tech for Saturday week.

Any players with NFL potential worth looking out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

ESPN not showing Clemson vs Florida state due to some stupid stick-ball game. Very disappointing :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

3qnt3d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

HigginsJ wrote: »
    ESPN not showing Clemson vs Florida state due to some stupid stick-ball game. Very disappointing :(

Gutting.
    I'm sure I'll see it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Cardinals beat the Dodgers last night so touch wood Clemson v Florida State can now be shown.

The Louisville Cardinals lost crushing their slim BCS hopes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

big game early today as Missouri face Florida I have watched a bit of both this season so far and while Florida can be impressive on defence and on special teams their offence leaves alot to be desired, even without their qb missouri are an impressive outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Vanderbilt have done it! They beat Georgia 31-27, holding Georgia scoreless in the 4th.

South Carolina lose against the Vols on a last second field goal too, 23-21.

Louisville got knocked off by UCF last night too, 38-35.

Now for A&M/Auburn and then Florida St/Clemson later. :D

right i put up missouri at 13/10 earlier as my bet of night, but second best looks like florida state tonight -3.5pts with betfred, they seem to just outrank clemson in all aspects of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Another great win for Missouri. Destroying Florida even without James Franklin. Florida's offense was so so poor though. ANother big game next week when South Carolina come to Missouri.

• Advertisement

After playing poorly for most of the game, the UCLA offence have the ball 10-17 down against Stanford with about 6 minutes to go.

3 and out. Penalties killing the Bruins.

Auburn giving Johnny a serious run for his money (pun intended) in College Station. If Evans was to be shut down it's there to be won but he's killing the Tigers, accounting for over two thirds of Johnny's 300-odd passing yards so far.

Great goal-line stand by Auburn after A&M got a 1st-and-goal from a 4th-and-iniches with a fake field goal. Johnny banged up a little too.

Tigers running all over A&M's defence. Johnny out with a shoulder injury, now 31-34 in A&M's favour after a second Nick Marshall rushing TD. It's there for Auburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

A&M are in serious trouble here now.

SantryRed wrote: »
    A&M are in serious trouble here now.

Big time.

win or not I cant have A&M in the top 8 of the rankings, defence is nothing compared to last season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Johnny with his helmet back on.

• Advertisement

Time for Johnny Football to win his 2nd Heisman!

Advertisement